• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

LOL doesn't help when you've got dippy-head me reading them ;) Still great stuff though, I struggle with 15mins!

Well, today didn't get off to a good start. My alarm went at 5.45 but as I stretched to turn it off I realised that my arm was aching after the gym yesterday. Needless to say I switched the alarm off and went back to sleep-naughty! When I got up I noticed that I was aching all over-joy! I consoled myself with the saying "no pain, no gain". After work, I felt really bad and decided to go to the gym for half an hour before going back to work for the evening. I did slightly less, 12 minutes instead of 15 on the cross trainer and then did the weights as I had done yesterday. I still burnt 126 calories on the cross trainer though.
Food wise I have been good. Shreddies for breakfast, crispread and philadelphia light for lunch and veg with 1 and a 1/2 new potato and a quorn fillet for tea.
All in all, I'm glad that I managed to squeeze the gym in after all. I'm not going to the gym tomorrow morning because I need to prepare for an observation, but I'm going to try my best to go later in the day as I'm not working tomorrow night. I'm hoping that all this hard work will pay off because it's not easy being so disciplined when I'm working so much.

Hi everyone!
Well the observation went well, but mainly I'm glad to have it over and done with. I was aching again this morning. The back of my calves were so bad that I was walking funny initially. It got better so that's good.
I weighed myself this morning and I've lost a pound. Thank God!! I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm working hard to lose the few pounds I'd put on over Christmas and I'm getting there, slowly.
I eat the same lunch and breakfast as yesterday, but had a tiny banana as well, trying to get the fruit in too. Gym-wise, I'm going there again this evening so hopefully I'll have more weigt shed! Tomorrow I'm out working day and night and have no idea when I finish, so I doubt that I'll be able to fit the gym in. I'll just have to excercise more over the weekend.
Mmm...I wonder how much of an inch I have lost if I've lost a pound... I'll have to get around to measure myself too, but I'm busy tonight filling in a job application form, so I might have to wait until the weekend.

Good for you. You are working hard so you are bound to be tired/sore. A pound is wonderful & proves that the eating plan and exercise is working. Keep it up and the pounds will start to fly off you.

Nic;)

Thanks Nic. Well as I said I didn't go to the gym today as I was far too busy but I did walk for around 20 minutes during my lunch break. I gave in and had some toast for breakfast as I was feeling the cold. Then for lunch and a snack this afternoon I had a low fat herby potato salad. I've now just had some noodles with peas and soy sauce for tea so at least the diet's still going well. I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow night and I'll try to do some more seeing as I missed today.
I was gutted today as the venue we had chosen for the wedding reception rang to say that they couldn't guarantee that we could have our reception there as they would be renovating in August. My search has to begin again...

Another good day. I haven't got to the gym yet but I have walked again at lunch time, like every day, and have been good food wise. I had toast for breakfast and light philadelphia on crispbread with a tiny banana for lunch. I'm really pleased that it's Friday though as it's been a busy week.

Hi everyone,
Well I didn't actually manage to get to the gym on Friday as I was busy checking out alternative reception venues for the wedding, but I made up for it yesterday. I went to the gym yesterday for half an hour. That means that I went to the gym 4 times, which I'm pleased about. It paid off though as I have lost a total of 2 pounds this week.
I'm hoping to do the same this week, time permitting as I'm working every day and 4 evenings as well as preparing for a firewalk in London on Saturday. No rest for the wicked! But it should be fun though as it always is.
I'll keep you posted.

Hi HC,

Thanks. Still going strong this week too. 3 AND A HALF POUNDS OFF NOW!!!

Eating still going well and been to the lovely gym (not) again today. I'm now able to go a bit faster on the cross trainer and burning more of those nasty calories.

We've now provisionally booked a restaurant for the reception. Me being me, I wanted something out of the ordinary so we're (hopefully) going to have a yummu banquet in chinatown as a reception. I love my chinese food!!

Sara you'll have to update your ticker to show the weight losses you're having!

Hi Shel,
Well, my weight loss stopped in December and then I put some weight on over Christmas, so I'm still working towards what I lost on the ticker. I only have half a pound to go and I'll be there but as soon as I get there and lose some more I'll update it.
Been a hectic day today. I was out at 7.15am and didn't get in until 9.15pm!! Hoping to go to the gym tomorrow but I'm dead on my feet at the minute and have just found out that the second reception venue booking may not happen so I'll have to go to China town tomorrow evening to sort all that out. On the plus side I have a shorter day tomorrow and my eating is still healthy and controlled. Will have to see how it goes. If I'm awake enough in the morning (at 5.45am!) I'll try to drag myself to the gym before work. I'm really determined to shed this weight and fit into the teensy weensy wedding dress. I've also managed to memorise a lot of the stuff for the workshop on Saturday by testing how much I remember of it in the car!!

Sarah you know your limits and abilities so please don't take this the wrong way, but oh my god woman you're going to burn yourself out at this rate!

Thanks Shel. Don't worry, I understand what you mean. I'm trying to fit everything in, but some things do have to give. Like this morning, I couldn't drag myself out of bed to go to the gym. It's been a stressful weeks, so I nipped to the gym this afternoon, which was actually good as it calmed me down and put me in a much better mood.
I've alsobeen out for a meal last night and tonight, checking out restaurants for the reception, so it has been a more relaxing couple of days. I may have been a bit naughty as they were Chinese meals, but I can't eat a lot anyway so it shouldn't do me much harm (fingers crossed!). It was quite funny as we were shown one of the private function rooms at one restaurant and the manager of the restaurant asked me if I was pregnant!! I could look at it in a negative way (that she thought I was fat) but I thought, hey, she must think my belly looks bigger than the rest of my body so I must have lost weight as I must look normal all over apart from the jelly belly!! When I told her that I wasn't and that I had actually lost weight she was soooo embarrassed! Lol.
I think I may need to nip to the gym and do a million sit ups to get rid of the belly! Lol.

Well it's been snowing big time! I couldn't drive today as the road was too slippery so had loads of time to go to the gym. I also went with Gordon to try some alternative therapy. He was getting acupuncture for his pain so I saw that they did it for weightloss so asked if they would "do me". I had 10 needles in me, one on each leg and 6 in my belly. I was surprised that it didn't hurt. My legs felt heavy and stiff for a bit, but that's meant to be normal. Totop it all she sellotaped seeds to 2 different parts of each ear and I have to press them 3 times a day. I didn't think it had worked, until Gordon was starving at 7pm and I hadn't even thought about tea! There may be something to it....I'll keep you posted. In the meantime I have to go around with seeds taped to my ears for 4 days. Washing my hair without getting them wet has already proved to be a nightmare. ish me luck!

Wehey! I actually feel like I'm getting used to the whole gym thing now. I went again today.I aim to go 3-4 times a week and my eating is also healthy so all in all it's a good week. I haven't weighed myself since last week because it's been that time of month, but I'm hoping to get some more weight loss when I step on them next.

Hi everyone,
Well I've not been that good today. The whole eating small portions is working well and the acupuncture seeds in my ears seem to surpress my appetite even more. I'm not sure how, but it's working! It's Gordon's birthday today so as I had yet another busy day we celebrated with a takeaway and I eat much less than I usually do. Of course I didn't go to the gym after my naughty tea, but at least I've been twice already this week and the week's not over yet. I will also approach those scales at some point, but for the moment I'm too scared in case they tell me that I'm not doing as well as I think I am. If they say the wrong number then I may lose motivation and I definitely don't want to do that. Know the feeling?

Your doing great i hope i have that sort of energy later on when the weight loss slows down. Are you measuring yourself? Even if your not losing weight perhaps your losing inches/cms and don't forget muscle tone from the gym will add a few pounds as well, as its heavier then fat

Back