• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am getting there...I think!

I am going to get my passport sent off by Tues at the latest, no excuses.

ETA: Sam, love the new name, reminds me of wee girl in Waterloo Road...never drank it though lol.

Just applied for long form of my birth cert and it cost 29 flippin quid!:eek: Oh well, it'll come in handy if I ever lose short one lol. I'll get new form and my photo signed tomorrow hopefully and into the envelope, put it safely behind clock on mantlepiece(!) ready for arrival of birth cert. Then I'll bung that in with my payment and off she goes. I know what I have written is drivel but it helps me to write things down, keeps me focussed.:D

I have decided to go with WLSG. Their drs provide the bypass and I think it's right for me. Bruno Dillemans in Belgium...final answer, Chris...no wait can I ask the audience? :giggle: It's a shame I have noone to meet up with but I'm a big gal now (ho ho) and it's time I travelled somewhere on my ownio.;)

Got my birth cert within 48 hrs of applying with a label on saying £12, so they must've charged £17 to send it! I am hoping passport won't take too long coming back but am prepared to wait at least 6 weeks.

ETA: I got a call from Mr K in Belfast the day after what I wrote...coincidence?! lol. He informed me he has teamed up with dr David Kerrigan from Liverpool (think I have heard of him) and eventually they'll be doing wls in ulster independent clinic for *drumroll* Twelve thousand pounds!!! There is no way I can afford that, ten grand was pushing it. In fact I cannot really afford £10,000 either so financially I'd be better off going to Cz Rep and having the sleeve, even though the bypass is probably better for me.:confused:

I am hoping the combination of wls and OA will help me save my life.

Last edited:
My passport form will be winging it's way to the office by tomorrow lunch time at the latest. Have to keep my fingers crossed that nothing delays it. Then I will ring Deborah or Michael at Bosmetic Bliss when I get passport back and tell them ok I'm ready for action now lol.

I said on my other diary that I had been waiting for a sign whether I was doing the right thing and I realise now I've already had the sign. About 6 mos ago I dreamt I saw a man I know (who in real life was waiting on a triple heart bypass for yrs but couldnt get it cos of his weight) in a hospital waiting room and he told me he'd lost 6st with a bypass and I hadn't recognised him. I took this to mean if I don't have surgery to get the weight off I will head the same way. Also took it that surgery will be a positive step in the right direction. Writing this has just reminded me of that, so once I get my passport there'll be no stopping me.

All being well, I could be heading off for vsg within about 8-10 weeks so I should make a start on my pre-op diet.:eek: No more excuses, I will be like the Nike slogan and just do it!

I need to prioritise my health above everything else. My diabetes is poorly controlled because I keep on over-indulging on white carbs suchas pasta, bread, potatoes...never mind chinese, kebabs, Pringles, crisps, chocolate, biscuits and cakes. And why? Food addiction!

A sane person would say ok I am diabetic now (when they were diagnosed) I need to make sure I look after my health, eat the right things, exercise...what did I do? Nothing! I buried my head in the sand hoping it'd all go away.

Well it's time to get out of 'ostrich mode' and get my priorities straight, stop messing around with my health. I am 28 next Weds and I feel 68 and it's all to do with the crappy food (its actually not even food) I am putting into my body. There's a life out there to be lived and I am just existing in misery.

So no more messing around, I am going to lower my weight as much as I can between now and surgery and go and get a life for myself. I didn't mean to ramble on so much when I started but it's been theraputic I reckon lol.:D

Last edited:
Well done Lyn on sending off for the passport!! What you said about carrying on eating when you found you were diebetic is because we have the food demons in us that have caused us to be like this in the 1st place. They are so hard to fight no matter what we have thrown at us and this is why surgery can sometimes be the only option. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Well done Lyn on sending off for the passport!! What you said about carrying on eating when you found you were diebetic is because we have the food demons in us that have caused us to be like this in the 1st place. They are so hard to fight no matter what we have thrown at us and this is why surgery can sometimes be the only option. Good luck xxGaynorxx

Thanks hon, appreciate the support.:)

Back