• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am getting there...I think!

Aw thanks DQ, appreciate it. :)

Was away for a day out and ended up in a clothes shop called Quiz. Omg some of the dresses there were beautiful. I decided to check what the biggest size was in random clothes and saw a 14. My friend said she thinks they have 16s. They must keep those in the back room so you have the embarrassment of going up to the counter and trying to ask for a bigger size without drawing attention to yourself... or is that just something I would do? :giggle:

I would so love to be able to fit into one of them. Actually just found the dress online, looks quite different 'in the flesh' so to speak than it does in the pic, far nicer. It has diamante bits on the back. Oh and it does have a 16, saw that on website lol.

Hopefully this time next year I will be able to buy one in a 14 or even the 16. Ok, it'll be outa style but you catch my drift lol. :D

Attachments

• dream dress.jpg
    dream dress.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 26
Hi Lyn,

Just wanted to say that I have just looked at the online shop of Quiz, and they have some really lovely clothes! I have just ordered a few items, so wanted to say thanks for saying about this shop!

Best Wishes,

Kel xxx

So I made contact with the woman who runs Over-eaters Anon in the next town to me. My first meeting is Tues night. Then next fri-sun I'm going with them to a retreat where we will listen to other people's experiences etc. Am really looking forward to it.

I emailed my competition entry on the subject of 'my local library' it's a fictional love story where they met in the library lol. prize is £100 cash and £200 worth of books! If I hadn't been doing a creative writing course I wouldn't have known about it nor had the confidence to enter. :D

Will be interested to hear how the OA meetings go Lyn, hope they have a positive effect on you.

Hey thanks Shel, I am still going to have surgery though. Am just waiting for a consultation appt.

Sounds really interesting and exciting at the same time. Hope it helps especially whilst waiting for yr consultants appointment.
take care

I think it's a great thing to do Lyn, anything that helps with the emotional and psychological aspect of eating is a useful thing to do pre-op :)

I have a consultation with Wendy Stubbs in Belfast which as far as I know the clinic has only opened recently. It's handier for me than going to the one in Dublin. One hour's drive as opposed to 4.

I am gonna tell her I want the bypass. My insides being rearranged is scary but dying a slow painful death before I'm 40 is even more scary.:eek:

Michelle has given my number to a girl from England who is gonna ring me sometime hopefully. It'll be good to speak to someone over the phone.

God knows how I am going to stick to a pre-op diet but I will just have to, I have no other choice. Maybe once I have an operation date it will seem more real to me.

hey thanks HC. :)

Just popping in to say Hello Lyn. Good luck with your consultation

not bad thanks Lyn. Have plucked up courage to make an appointment with GP to broach the subject of surgery. Im seeing him on Thursday so will keep you posted. x

Oh cool. Good luck with that Sam. :)

good luck for your consultation today Lyn x

Met the lovely Wendy

I'm not long home from my consultation. Was good to meet Wendy and have that contact and reassurance. Her daughter had a bypass done by Bruno Dillemans whom I have heard lots of good things about and she reckons he is one of the best. Wendy gave me her daughter's no so I can ring her and chat to her about it. If I can get my passport (which I should've sent for seven months ago, shame on me!) the first available date is 9th Jan then another in Jan.

I'll hopefully get to my 3rd OA meeting tonight.

I am gonna see my GP who has offered to sign my passport for me tomorrow. Hope I can get an appt. My 3rd meeting was good. Felt good to belong somewhere.

are you going abroad for your op Lyn? have you tried to get it on NHS?

Back