• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am getting there...I think!

are you going abroad for your op Lyn? have you tried to get it on NHS?

I'd love to get my op here in N. Ireland on the NHS but it's not possible nor is paying privately unfortunately. :(

Wendy recommended Bruno Dillemans in Belgium as he done her daughter's bypass and she has watched him perform the ops and his complication rate is very low.

Still doesn't seem real to me. Still need my passport signed which I'll get Mon. I don't think I'll make the first possible date of Jan 9th but there's another Jan date which she's unsure of but I may be able to go on that day if my passport comes back in time.

ooh ok hun, didnt realise you were in ireland. Hopefully passport applications are quiet at this time of year so it may get back to you sooner than you think. would be great if you could get the op in January and start the new year as you mean to go on x

That would be fantastic Sam! I don't think I will make the first Jan date on the 9th but maybe the second.

It's time to get serious now and start my pre-op diet asap. If I can't do it now, I will never be able to. So no more excuses. 2 meal replacements and a small meal every day from tomorrow.

good luck with it Lyn. Now you have a date to focus on Im sure you will find it a little easier than you have before. xx

Cheers. How'd it go at the docs?

hope it goes well on tomoorow for you and you get passport signed and be able to sort it ot for the new year.

Cheers. How'd it go at the docs?

went well thanks Lyn. He has referred me to surgeon but dont suppose I will hear anything this side of christmas. will keep you posted

I am doing pretty well so far but I won't claim victory til tomorrow morning lol.

Hey thanks.:) I am having a good day food-wise.

After me umming and ahhing for about a year over getting a passport (don't ask lol) I rang Colleen from WLSG and told her I'd get a ferry over to England. She has given me a date of 10th June at Thornbury BMI hospital, Sheffield With Dr Roger Ackroyd.:eek: That's two weeks from today!

I have to ring her later this morning to confirm the slot. I really want this surgery and if I don't do it now, I never will and will end up regretting it.

I am starting the pre-op diet tomorrow, I won't let anything jeopardise my operation.

Edited to add: I asked colleen about pre-op testing, would I have it done here in NI before I go and she said no you've already saw Wendy face to face. I will have to ask her again tomorrow and speak posh cos I don't think she understands me half the time. :D

Last edited:
My packing list

Knickers
Socks
2 pairs pyjamas
Dressing gown
Slippers
Soap
Towel
Toothbrush & paste
Deodorant
going home outfit (loose trews and top)
Book
MP3 player

I think that'll do.:D

fantastic news, well done on taking the plunge, you know yu will not regret this in the long term

don't forget wipes

good on ya Lyn. Great news xx

Hi Lyn
Just been catching up with your post. You really have been on a rollercoaster journey. I'm also travelling to have my op 220 miles from Glasgow to Manchester and after care was a concern i had too. However once i had my consultation with Mr Ammori he did everything and more to reassure me that i could call him anytime i was concerned and he would be happy to advise me. Glad you have your op day like everyone who is pre op it's natural to have the jitters but you go for it girl and we will all be here to help you. Sending big hugs from Bonnie Scotland xx

hi just wanted to let you know im in on the 10th of june for a drastic band so ill be thinking of you and it makes me feel better im not the only one who has abused my body to the extent of needing surgery i hope it makes you feel better too!! im on the milk diet too !!! xxx

Thanks for replies everyone but my op with Mr Ackroyd is cancelled. I am going to Czech Rep instead, it's more convenient all round.

Thanks Farzu. xx:)

Back