• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

....and so it all begins!

RachJayCee

So, day one of the rest of my life! It's quite a big statement but it really is. Milk LRD started this morning for 14 days for sleeve surgery on the 12th October 2017.
Oh my days, I've got goosebumps just thinking about this whole process and the enormity of what's happening!! I'm excited at the moment because it's all new and I've been waiting for this day since August 2016 - it seemed such a long way away then but it's here and I'm 100% going to do these two weeks to the exact instructions to make sure this liver is just how my surgeon wants it!!!!
RJC x

Good luck xx

So, day one of the rest of my life! It's quite a big statement but it really is. Milk LRD started this morning for 14 days for sleeve surgery on the 12th October 2017.
Oh my days, I've got goosebumps just thinking about this whole process and the enormity of what's happening!! I'm excited at the moment because it's all new and I've been waiting for this day since August 2016 - it seemed such a long way away then but it's here and I'm 100% going to do these two weeks to the exact instructions to make sure this liver is just how my surgeon wants it!!!!
RJC x

This 2 weeks will fly by and you’ll be post op before you know it :)

Following the milk diet really does help, I followed it very strictly for the 2 weeks and my surgeon did comment that he could tell and my surgery went absolutely great with no complications, I’m now almost 3 months out post sleeve.

The next few months are hard but remember it is all worth it. I’m nowhere near close to my goal and it’s already the best thing I’ve ever done for myself.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear from you regarding your progress. X

I've fought my way through four days of the milk diet thus far and I think I'm beginning to get used to it now.
Days 1, 2 & 3 were tough but today (Sat 30th Sept) was much easier. I've discovered that stock cubes are much more palatable than Marmite for the salty drink; I even enjoyed the drink today because it was a different taste to monotonous milk & water. I've found having NAS squash cuddles a bit in between the milk so I have to stick with plain water!
Does/did anyone else find that getting four pints of milk in a struggle?? I feel totally and utterly full after three but push another half in; does being short make a difference? No matter how I time it I'm always near to bringing it all back up if I attempt that final pint! Almost frightened to lay down because it travels back up......
Right then, another night's sleep with dreams of biscuits & cakes being given to me but when I bite into them, there's nothing there! Let's see what the next three days is like - that brings it to a week done....eeeeeek
RJC x

This 2 weeks will fly by and you’ll be post op before you know it :)

Following the milk diet really does help, I followed it very strictly for the 2 weeks and my surgeon did comment that he could tell and my surgery went absolutely great with no complications, I’m now almost 3 months out post sleeve.

The next few months are hard but remember it is all worth it. I’m nowhere near close to my goal and it’s already the best thing I’ve ever done for myself.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear from you regarding your progress. X

Thank you xx

@RachJayCee Well done for sticking with the milk diet, It'l be worth it.
And, I wish you every success in your upcoming surgery.
Good Luck x

Toni:rainbow:

I've fought my way through four days of the milk diet thus far and I think I'm beginning to get used to it now.
Days 1, 2 & 3 were tough but today (Sat 30th Sept) was much easier. I've discovered that stock cubes are much more palatable than Marmite for the salty drink; I even enjoyed the drink today because it was a different taste to monotonous milk & water. I've found having NAS squash cuddles a bit in between the milk so I have to stick with plain water!
Does/did anyone else find that getting four pints of milk in a struggle?? I feel totally and utterly full after three but push another half in; does being short make a difference? No matter how I time it I'm always near to bringing it all back up if I attempt that final pint! Almost frightened to lay down because it travels back up......
Right then, another night's sleep with dreams of biscuits & cakes being given to me but when I bite into them, there's nothing there! Let's see what the next three days is like - that brings it to a week done....eeeeeek
RJC x
I never managed the full 4 pints but at surgery 12 days ago the surgeon told me my liver was very well shrunken so it was worth it. You can make sugar free jelly with half milk and half water if that helps. Good luck xx

RJC x
I took half a pint every 2 hour! Set my phone alarm to remind me! Your doing really well xx

I never managed the full 4 pints but at surgery 12 days ago the surgeon told me my liver was very well shrunken so it was worth it. You can make sugar free jelly with half milk and half water if that helps. Good luck xx

Thank You!
I find the jelly more refreshing and a break from more milk so am loathed to change it. I'm at 3.5 pints of milk and 2.5 its of water now so hopefully its good enough!
RJC x

So day seven has finished tonight and I'm officially on last seven days countdown tomorrow!! (Well actually it will be eight days because it's up to and including Wed next week as my op is the Thursday but I figure an extra day is a good thing!!)
It's been a long week and I'm now getting hungry at times so need to spread my drinks out a little more to keep me full constantly. Filling up on water is key I know but oh my, it is boring! I'm craving some fruit especially apples as they're my favourite and at other times something savoury like chips or a jacket potato!!
Fortunately I'm disciplined and too scared to blow it now! I hope this discipline lasts.......
RJC x

So day seven has finished tonight and I'm officially on last seven days countdown tomorrow!! (Well actually it will be eight days because it's up to and including Wed next week as my op is the Thursday but I figure an extra day is a good thing!!)
It's been a long week and I'm now getting hungry at times so need to spread my drinks out a little more to keep me full constantly. Filling up on water is key I know but oh my, it is boring! I'm craving some fruit especially apples as they're my favourite and at other times something savoury like chips or a jacket potato!!
Fortunately I'm disciplined and too scared to blow it now! I hope this discipline lasts.......
RJC x
Hi Rach you are doing very well. Can you try flavoured water or just add a little squash to help. Good luck next week xxx

Stay strong! Lists of why you want the surgery and what your aims are after surgery help, as do pics of you that you don't like - put them up in the kitchen to look at and remind you why you are doing this!!!

You’re doing really well, hang in there and remember why you are doing this :)

You’ll be on the losers bench before you know it! X

Hi Rach you are doing very well. Can you try flavoured water or just add a little squash to help. Good luck next week xxx

Thanks for your reply.
I do have NAS squash intermittently but it 'curdles' with the milk and makes me feel a little sick.
I know I'm just moaning and should be thankful that I've been given this opportunity instead!!! Maybe the lack of anything solid is just making me grouchy!!
RJC x

Stay strong! Lists of why you want the surgery and what your aims are after surgery help, as do pics of you that you don't like - put them up in the kitchen to look at and remind you why you are doing this!!!

I know, I know, I know! Like I've replied to another post; I'm probably just feeling grouchy and wanting today (Thursday) to be next Thursday!!
RJC x

You’re doing really well, hang in there and remember why you are doing this :)

You’ll be on the losers bench before you know it! X

95% of the time I honestly do remember why I've got to do this but the other 10% I'm a little whimpering child I think! I'll put it down to frustration & wanting this week to get a move on!!
Thank you for the support & encouragement ☺
RJC x

95% of the time I honestly do remember why I've got to do this but the other 10% I'm a little whimpering child I think! I'll put it down to frustration & wanting this week to get a move on!!
Thank you for the support & encouragement ☺
RJC x
You will be fine, I felt the same xx

Back