• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

....and so it all begins!

:(So here I am, Sunday evening which means I've done 12 days of the milk diet already!! Where has the time gone?? This means, eeek only three more days on the LRD and then it's surgery day - how exciting & frightening!!!

I've read the tips for what to take into hospital; it's so tempting to put more stuff in the case but I've taken on board the 'less is more' mantra!!

I still can't believe I'm so close now. My mum asked me if there was anything I'm worried about and from the actual surgery I'm not (even though from once being a Nurse I've seen lots of things happen in operations) but I'm terrified that my liver won't be small enough despite doing the LRD absolutely as asked. It's the kind of luck I have and could be one of the 'unlucky ones' that the diet doesn't work on so I won't be believed when I say I've been as 'good as gold' with it!! It genuinely is the thing that's worrying me.
Anyway, I must try to get some sleep.......and no doubt if I do it'll include a nightmare about the surgeon stopping the op because "she hasn't followed the LRD at all and now she's missed her chance"!!!!!!!!!:(

RJC x

:(So here I am, Sunday evening which means I've done 12 days of the milk diet already!! Where has the time gone?? This means, eeek only three more days on the LRD and then it's surgery day - how exciting & frightening!!!

I've read the tips for what to take into hospital; it's so tempting to put more stuff in the case but I've taken on board the 'less is more' mantra!!

I still can't believe I'm so close now. My mum asked me if there was anything I'm worried about and from the actual surgery I'm not (even though from once being a Nurse I've seen lots of things happen in operations) but I'm terrified that my liver won't be small enough despite doing the LRD absolutely as asked. It's the kind of luck I have and could be one of the 'unlucky ones' that the diet doesn't work on so I won't be believed when I say I've been as 'good as gold' with it!! It genuinely is the thing that's worrying me.
Anyway, I must try to get some sleep.......and no doubt if I do it'll include a nightmare about the surgeon stopping the op because "she hasn't followed the LRD at all and now she's missed her chance"!!!!!!!!!:(

RJC x
You are doing so well, good luck xx

Well, here it is, Wednesday 11th October at 2345hrs and I've finished the LRD ready for surgery tomorrow!! Now it's here I'm getting nervous but relieved that my surgery day is has eventually arrived (well tomorrow!!) I've lost 6kg over the last 15 days which I'm pleased about but whether it's good enough for my surgeon, I won't know until I'm on the table. I know I've been well disciplined without any deviations from the information given so I can only hope it's successfully reduced my liver enough; what if my liver was bigger than anyone's and although has decreased in size is still too big?? I'm getting myself all worked up about it so am really frightened!!
Anyway, I must try to get a few hours sleep as I've got to get up at 0330hrs to be ready to set off at 0545hrs for the hospital. It's around 55 minutes away but you can never guarantee the roads will be clear hence the early start! I also get really travel sick so nervousness & nausea aren't going to make it a good journey!!

See you on the other side in hopefully 'post op diaries!!!!

RJC x

Well, here it is, Wednesday 11th October at 2345hrs and I've finished the LRD ready for surgery tomorrow!! Now it's here I'm getting nervous but relieved that my surgery day is has eventually arrived (well tomorrow!!) I've lost 6kg over the last 15 days which I'm pleased about but whether it's good enough for my surgeon, I won't know until I'm on the table. I know I've been well disciplined without any deviations from the information given so I can only hope it's successfully reduced my liver enough; what if my liver was bigger than anyone's and although has decreased in size is still too big?? I'm getting myself all worked up about it so am really frightened!!
Anyway, I must try to get a few hours sleep as I've got to get up at 0330hrs to be ready to set off at 0545hrs for the hospital. It's around 55 minutes away but you can never guarantee the roads will be clear hence the early start! I also get really travel sick so nervousness & nausea aren't going to make it a good journey!!

See you on the other side in hopefully 'post op diaries!!!!

RJC x
You have done soooo well and good luck, see you on the losers bench xx

Good luck!

Massive amounts of good luck to you, try not to be nervous, you have waited so long for this and deserve for it to go well. Give us a update when you feel well enough :)

Good luck and hope it’s all over now xx

@RachJayCee

Good Luck,
And, welcome to Losers Bench.

Toni:rainbow:

Back