• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins!!!

natashoorrr

Well guys, after struggling for near on 18 years being overweight, I'm starting my pre op diet today to prepare for my RNY bypass at Derby Royal.

I am on the food diet. It's pretty weird to see such small portions. I think I already understand why people find it so difficult because its like a child's meal! So a thousand apologies if I am in a bad mood for two weeks :D

How long will it take to get used to this?!

I loved my pre-op diet. I felt in control of what I was putting in my mouth for the first time in my life. Be positive, it's just the start of a long journey :)

:) I just think the whole experience up to now has been really good!! And I know it's only 14 days so I just have to deal with it!

How much did you loose on the pre op diet?

I have been over weight since been a kid so probably 25 years and I was a serious binge eater. When I did the pre-op I found it so easy to stick to (apart from swapping from slim fast to the food option half way through but only as the milk was making me sick an the dietician advised it) as I knew I had to do it an it was the start of something new & better. Just keep the reason for doing it in focus an don't think too much negativity about how little your having or then you will feel like your depriving yourself. Good luck xx

Good luck, as everyone has said, l felt the start of the pre op diet was the start of the whole journey, l felt in complete control of what l was eating, and really did not have any problems, the smell of real food still gets too you! If you go into this with the right attitude and be positive you should be ok.

:) I just think the whole experience up to now has been really good!! And I know it's only 14 days so I just have to deal with it!

How much did you loose on the pre op diet?

16 lbs.

I think im just not going to think of it as a diet.. its just what I am eating?

I think that is the right attitude .. the word 'diet' conjures up so many negative associations - you are simply following doctors orders to get healthy... the two weeks will fly past and I am sure you will be amazing... good luck hunni and keep us posted! xxx

I think im just not going to think of it as a diet.. its just what I am eating?

That's a perfect attitude, I had so many people query the safety of the pre-op diet but I just explained that it was to ensure my op was successful & to prepare me for the initial period post op!!!
Good luck with the next 2 weeks and focus on how good you'll feel when you're sitting on the losers bench!!! xx

Day 11 with 3 days to go (not counting op day) and so far I'm 10lb down :)

Good luck Natashoor you will surprised how quick it flies in.. I'm packing my overnight bag just now ... Gulp

Day 11 with 3 days to go (not counting op day) and so far I'm 10lb down :)

Good luck Natashoor you will surprised how quick it flies in.. I'm packing my overnight bag just now ... Gulp

Wow, that's coming round quick! You've done soooo well, keep going...nearly there! X

Fem thats awesome! I've already sort of started packing my bag although I have nothing interesting! At the moment I just have my travel wash bag, slippers and bath robe.

Does anybody know if you're able to have jalapenos in with the salad? The last time i spoke to the dietician she said that I could have salad veg as long as it fits in a cereal bowl.

Wow, that's coming round quick! You've done soooo well, keep going...nearly there! X

Thankyou :) Yeah I know pooh ...I blinked and missed it all hehe

Fem thats awesome! I've already sort of started packing my bag although I have nothing interesting! At the moment I just have my travel wash bag, slippers and bath robe.

Does anybody know if you're able to have jalapenos in with the salad? The last time i spoke to the dietician she said that I could have salad veg as long as it fits in a cereal bowl.

I don't have anything interesting either Natashoor.. slipper, pjs, bathrobe, toiletries, brush, magazines a few things still to go in like medication when I finally get it and my friend the iPad of course :)

So today I had:

B - shreddies and a splash of milk
L - 75g chicken breast cooked with a little bit of lemon juice and tarragon with 100g of veg and 100g potatoes
D - small slice of bread with chopped tomato (that would have been in the salad) and 25g of grated cheese with some Italian herb seasoning to make it taste like pizza! With a side salad.
Snacks - 1 fat free yoghurt & two pieces of fruit.

what I wouldn't do for a small spud and a bit of chicken right now almost the end of day 5 of slimfast my neighbours were having curry today.
The only way I could cope was to defrost my fridgefreezer very long over due job. can't wait for headaches to go.

Aww jackie :( it sounds like your doing so well to have made it this far! How long are you on the pre op for?

Awww Jackie I know how you feel. Its the cooking aromas that get to me too. Did roast chicken for the family last Wednesday but got hubby to carve it just in case i was too tempted but had to sit on Saturday night with my cup of soup whilst the rest of family tucked into fish n chips. It wasnt to bad once I started having my soup but that initial smell really got to me.

One thing I used to do was to make my oxo up in an bowl with some milk. It tasted a bit like chicken soup and I would sit with my family and have my soup with them so it felt like I was at least a part of their meal. We would watch something as well with dinner.

Back