• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And they're off!!

Lincs Lass

Well got 'the call' yesterday and given a date of 25 Feb so had to start the pre-op diet this morning.

Fortunately I was at a 'catered' event last night and the meal was healthy so not too bad!

Today I had a banana for breakfast. For lunch it was 75g turkey, salad and 30g pasta. I've had 10 cherries for a snack this afternoon and have had some of my milk in drinks.

I have left another small protein/smaller carb + veg meal to go, rest of the milk, another piece of fruit and a 'light' yoghurt.

Today seems ok but I can see it becoming a struggle as time goes by!!

Pleased you got your date. I started my pre op today. Can't do milk as hate it so doing other, had 1 weetabix, 2 pairs, 1 yog and chicken breast and salad so far. X

Nearly at the end of day 1, just a milky coffee to go.

I'm going to have to go to bed early though!

Lincs lass are you from lincolnshire if so where about.I'm from lea just outside gainsborough

Lincs lass are you from lincolnshire if so where about.I'm from lea just outside gainsborough

Hi Lea. I'm right the way down in Boston - a very cold Boston!!

I have a thumping headache today and have gone back to bed as was up and down to the loo all night - can only guess that's a 'side effect' of the diet!

Banana so far today and water. I'm scarily determined to do this right. I wasn't sure if u could normally being a diet failure but I want this op so much I'm not going to mess it up!!

Yeah my carb headache is about to kick in. It's lingering. I have had 1 weetabix to far plus an hours dog walk. Upstairs cleaning up to keep out of kitchen. X

Had another call, op has been bought forward to 22nd with pre-op appointment this Friday.

Oh my gosh!!!

Your be fine a lot of people have their ops brought forward and haven't been on the pre op diet long they still do it no matter wot r u going private and with who?

Your be fine a lot of people have their ops brought forward and haven't been on the pre op diet long they still do it no matter wot r u going private and with who?

I'm being 'done' at the Nuffield in Derby but under the NHS. They're trying to get the waiting list at Derby down so are farming some of us out.

Looking around on different forums it looks as though many Nuffield private patients do one week pre-op diet so I'll have done more than that.

My pre-op appointment is 11.45am this Friday so will have a chance to actually find the place!!

All going ok on pre op diet. I WANT this soooo bad!!

Emotionally I'm at the stage where the small chance of problems is weighing on my mind.

I am having the op and will have many healthy years ahead with my son but have the niggle of not surviving.

I really feel like I could eat and eat and eat but I won't!!

Muller light yoghurt, milk in coffee, chicken, salad pasta so far

Linc Lass - what pre op diet are you doing?x

Low fat/carb. I've not found it too bad if I have tuna as allowed quite a bit of that!! I've also tried to cut smaller and chew longer as that makes it feel like there's more!

Lincs Lass, you are 2 days after me, Good luck with it all.

Im very nervous now..Eeekk

Maz x

And hair cut, got new "trendy" glasses ready for the new me. Unfortunately I look a bit like Velma from scooby do at the moment!!!! May take time to get used to big glasses after small ones for such a long time.

But my lovely parents have made my pre op food. How nice!!!!!! I bought everything and they have made it.

X

Good luck Borogirl Woop Woop xx are you having a bypass or sleeve? x

Back