• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And they're off!!

I have got a date for the 29th of march at the Nuffield for surgery!! What is it like there, as I have not been yet?? And do you go in on the day of surgery and not the night before??

I have got a date for the 29th of march at the Nuffield for surgery!! What is it like there, as I have not been yet?? And do you go in on the day of surgery and not the night before??

Apologies, I'm on my phone and not the PC so can't see your details so am going to assume your also at the Derby Nuffield (apologies if I'm wrong or being brain dead!!)

The people are lovely. I went there for my preop last Friday and we laughed all through it! They will also give you a whole stack if stuff to bring away and read through.

It's only 5 mins or so from the main hospital in Derby so easy to find.

I am going to guess time/day of admittance depends on when they intend to have you on the table.

Hope it all goes well for you x

It will soon be here.

I've not to eat from midnight on the eleventh so I hope that means my op will be before lunch.

Fingers crossed for you. If it wasn't for the 2 hour journey there to keep my mind off things I think I'd prefer first thing x

Yeah I am at the derby Nuffield. Glad it's not to far away from the main hospital, as it means it won't be to hard to find!!
I am nervous about the op, but also excited, as it means a whole new beginning!! Just can't wait to have it done and out of the way.
Not long for you now!! :)

Fingers crossed for you. If it wasn't for the 2 hour journey there to keep my mind off things I think I'd prefer first thing x

I think at the moment my main nerves are simply about going in on my own.

While for me it is a 40 min train journey to the hospital, for my family it is an extra 30 minute drive on top. So, I can't expect any of them to take me in, or even visit. I'll only be in a few days.

Husband has hospital appointments of his own every Monday and Thursday, but in Bradford, so he can't go with me on the day, and we won't be able to afford for him to visit as it costs 15 for taxis on top of the train fare.

So, I won't necessarily see anyone until they come pick me up to go home.

Back