• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And they're off!!

Hi I don't know yet! They found a hernia during my endoscopy so could be either. Not bothered now, been waiting that long! Originally wanted a sleeve but would be fine with either. What about you? Where are you going to get it done? X

Preop went great. I have to be at the hospital 11.30am next Friday and could be on the table by 1pm!

Go for it you guys, you can do it! Very best of luck with your ops................its great to get it out of the way and feel like you can start the rest of your life. I'm 3 weeks post op (sleeve) and between my 2 week pre op diet and the last 3 weeks, I am 2st 8lb down. You can't image how refreshing it is to know that I'm not going to stuff this one up at the 3 /4 stone mark!

How are you guys doing now? I'm currently on my 1st day and I'm struggling like hell. Iv only been given 8days to do the liver shrinkage aswel.
I'm so scared about getting the measurements wrong xx

Hi I am on day 5. Doing ok. Haven't cheated! But not doing milk as hate milk. Haven't touched a carb, been sticking to meat, veg or salad.
Are you doing the milk one?
Example diet:
1 weetabix skimmed milk
2 pears
Chicken breast with tomato, cucumber
Chicken breast and veg
1 muller

Xxxx

Hi I am on day 5. Doing ok. Haven't cheated! But not doing milk as hate milk. Haven't touched a carb, been sticking to meat, veg or salad.
Example diet:
1 weetabix skimmed milk
2 pears
Chicken breast and veg
1 muller

Xxxx

This is the diet I'm doing. I think because I got a call on the day I had to start I didn't have time to think about it and have managed to get into the mindset easily.

I'm currently sitting in a room with 3 adults and 3 children having a Harry Potter marathon. While they're eating pizza, cake and sweets I've had a chicken salad & two pieces of fruit!

Hoping that my having to get there so early means a morning op. I'll be going in on my own (hubby has hospital appointments every Monday and Thursday, so won't be able to come with me) so the sooner I'm under anaesthetic and not say worrying, the better.

Until this morning I've not had any nerves. Then had a mad cleaning panic in case I'm not ready. Three weeks still to go!

Example diet:
1 weetabix skimmed milk
2 pears
Chicken breast and veg
1 muller

Xxxx

There seems to be several liver shrinkage diets on the go but iv been told to do the high protein, low fat version, seems very similar to your diet example. I'm not doing to badly today after having
30g branflakes
75g chicken(split between dinner and tea) with salad
1 apple
30g Pasta and extra low fat philli with some of my chicken allowance.
1 muller light
I'm just so terrified of getting it wrong and it not working. I'm in for op a week on Monday
Xxx

Good luck to all you guys!

Got my op on the 27th Feb and started the milk diet 4 days ago. I feel like Im doing quite well so far but its early days so trying to be positive. I did have a meal out on Valentines but I was very good and just had chicken breast and a small potato. I felt so naughty having that lol

xx

4 days left and it hasn't been bad on pre op. I have abstained from the allowed small portion of potato, bread , pasta. But I have added a but of gravy to my veg. If u hadn't been a pig 4 days before my pre op diet I would have seen good weight loss. But because I put on 4.5lb from pre op assessment to starting pre op diet or looks like I am only 3.5lb down when I have actually lost 8lb! Hope this makes sense. Are you allowed to eat day before on hospital? X

Good luck with your operation .

Meant "I" been a pig. This bloody I phone!!

I'm glad you said you and not I ..... thought I was being watched lol!

One week down and one to go, lost 8lbs so far but think I will go for the low cal one for a few days as I've got a really bad cold and feel like I need real food to get over it.

I think normally you're not allowed to eat 12hrs before an op so all depends on what time yours is.

Good luck not long now x

I'm not allowed to eat after 5 hours before booking in at hospital and not drink after 2 hours before op

Gulp, will be done this time Friday!!

It will soon be here.

I've not to eat from midnight on the eleventh so I hope that means my op will be before lunch.

Back