• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Andiebee pre opp diary

andiebee

Second day of pre opp milk diet

Going well
Not as bad as I thought it would be , anyone from Sunderland doing the milk yogurt and fruit /soup liver shrinking diet?

Hi everyone ,
I am due to go into Sunderland royal hospital on Monday 16th March for my gastric bypass , feeling very excited and nervous but can't wait for the new me
I have been following the Sunderland royal milk fruit, yogurt , soup and jelly liver reducing diet now for 10 days another six to go as I started it slightly early ( due to excitement ) and wanting to help my self loose few extra pounds ,

I am from Sunderland 34 years old married with two girls one 14 and one 9 , I was born with a hole in my heart and a valve problem , developed asthma , sleep apnea and pocs due to gaining allot of weight off steroids prescribed for my heart and lungs , to cut a long story short I needed heart surgery to close the hole and after that I seemed to of done well apart from struggle with my weight , after many failed attempts at slimming world , weight watchers , slim fast, meal
Replacement and Nhs slimming pills I was referred to Sunderland royal for a gastric bypass ,

After deciding this was right for me I attended all the meetings and appointments and now in for a gastric bypass on Tuesday March 17th , I will be booking in Sunderland on Monday 16th ,

So far milk diet !!!! The joys lol it's not too bad at all if you get your self into a regular routine of 3 pints of skimmed milk a day , 3/4 pieces of fruit , 2 fat free yogurts , bowl of homemade vegetable soup , 1 fruit juice and 1 sugar free jelly , I have been doing it for 10 days now and have to say it's not too bad at all , can't say I have been
starving if I did get hunger pains I drank water ,

My weight started at 18.5 at 5ft 3 , I was given a target of 11lb to lose approx which I did and I then went on to loose more which I was advised it was better and safer if I did , so today after 10 days of pre op diet I weighed in at 15.13 so I am very pleased with my self and still have another six days to go , I am
Still entitled to the surgery due to health problems / being classed as a yo yo dieter , if I was to stop now if gain it all back and very quickly,

Anyway this is my diary so far and I'll update it again on Monday when the pre op diet is complete and I am booked into the hospital ????? best of luck to everyone else that's due surgery or due to start their pre op diets , roll on the summer x

Attachments

• image-1641509413.jpg
    image-1641509413.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 75
Goodluck Andiebee!!

You have done fantastic to date, excited to hear of your journey :) and what a gorgeous photo!!x

Goodluck Andiebee!! You have done fantastic to date, excited to hear of your journey :) and what a gorgeous photo!!x

Thanks very much , I took it at 18 stone to remind my self what I looked like before but u have many others that don't hide my weight so well , it was taken in Benidorm last July x just can't wait to feel healthier and be able to buy normal sized clothes and not hide behind baggy tops and over sized things what Infact always make me look worse . Thanks for your post xxxxx

Totally with you there!!! Actually buying clothes that you like and that are flattering, not just because they fit/cover :) I've started to get there with clothes thankfully!!! Won't be long for you too!xx

I found it!

Wow you´ve done great witht he diet so far! i really liked to know about your heart problem as my nephew who was born last friday have the same problem nad has just been through a surgery yesterday to fix. So it's a relief to know he can look forward to a normal life. :)

This is a very nice photo and the LSD you are following seems far more interesting than the one they gave me at QA. :)

I found it! Wow you´ve done great witht he diet so far! i really liked to know about your heart problem as my nephew who was born last friday have the same problem nad has just been through a surgery yesterday to fix. So it's a relief to know he can look forward to a normal life. :) This is a very nice photo and the LSD you are following seems far more interesting than the one they gave me at QA. :)

That's not a
Problem , well
I was born with a atrial septal defect ( hole in the heart) and pulmonary valve stenosis , I basically was born with no problems and all my heart problems wasn't picked up untill I was 27 years old where I had a heart scan, I had the scan as I was pregnant and the baby scan picked up my heart murmur , the scan showed a narrowing of the pulmonary valve ( pulmonary stenosis) they left things at that and said it wasn't too bad and they would monitor me over the years , I had my baby (Sophie) and after she was born I started to get a blue tinge to my lips what people started to notice , then I started to get a lot more heart palps and shortness of breath so I was taken into hospital for ecg and another scan , the scan this time showed a massive hole in my heart what it didn't pick up on the last scan , so I was admitted to the freeman hospital in Newcastle where they done my heart surgery to fix the hole in my heart, after it's been closed I have had hardly any more future problems , the blue colour left my lips , I breath so much better and my heart palps decreased , my fathers side of the family have all had sudden cardiac arrests all very young my dad died at Christmas age 52 just dropped down cooking in the Kitchen with no warning at all, his mam ( my nana ) also died at 52 of a massive cardiac arrest she died in her sleep, and my grandad my dads dad also died 68. He dropped down on holiday in Malta of cardiac arrest all scared the living day lights out of me , so I have had extensive screening and had all clear of what caused there cardiac arrests and guess what it was mainly down to? ( diet and lifestyle , my dad nana and grandad ate too much red meat, chocolates and rubbish like that , they wernt massively obese I guess slightly over weight but that's what's forced me to get this Surgery my self , I want to break the family history of poor life style diet and cardiac arrests in the young , so I stopped the cigarettes and now getting the bypass , I plan to go to the gym and really give my children the best role model , any heart related questions am sure I'll be able to ask so just fire away xxxxxx what was it he was born with xxx love Andrea xxx

What yogurt

Hello can we have any 0 fat yogurts ? Is there any kinds to avoid or can we have any that contain zero fat ?

I am eating the Greek yogurt FAGE, it's 0% fat and only 4% sugar - watch the sugar content in others. I put 1/2 teaspoon honey with mine to make it more palatable. Was going to reduce the amount of honey gradually but my dietician said it wasn't necessary.

I am eating the Greek yogurt FAGE, it's 0% fat and only 4% sugar - watch the sugar content in others. I put 1/2 teaspoon honey with mine to make it more palatable. Was going to reduce the amount of honey gradually but my dietician said it wasn't necessary.

I have had danio yogurts 0 percent fat but sugars seen high?

The day is fast approaching , tomorrow I go onto hospital to have my gastric bypass on Tuesday morning , feeling very very nervous but can't wait all the same x ?

Attachments

• image-1508866240.jpg
    image-1508866240.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 64
Good luck don't for get to do a set of before pics and do all your measurements, it really helps you to see how far you have come xx

Good luck! So excited for you x

Good luck andiebee, when you are well enough let us know how you got on. Try and have some you time today, nice bath with candles and a good book, grab an early night & tomorrow will be here before you know it xxx

Very good luck with everything I didnt take a photo on my operating day which I do regret so I now take a photo every 18th of the month to chart my progress
will save you a space on the losers bench

Back