• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?

Dotty chic don't you dare change your posts lady we love you hun x

Yes, and Kelly get your knickers back on..... It's flippling cold today :)

haaahaha xx

Dotty... you are the reason why many of us log on here... so don't you dare change or we'll be hurt beyond belief... you speak truly from the heart and you are loved more than you could know... and you are always consistently the same... can always rely on you to be there for each and everyone xxx

Well, in answer to the question regarding regretting having the op: I'm only 9 weeks post-op, but think I am probably similar to many who have also said a) wishing I'd never got so fat in the first place and b) wishing I'd had the courage to have gone for WLS sooner. However, I can't changed what has happened, I can only look forward, so I'm not going to beat myself up about wasted time etc. One thing I will say, is for me personally, not being fixated on food, thinking about it, what can I eat, what shouldn't I eat, oh, I've eaten too much etc...well all that is out the window because I never feel hungry...I have actually found it quite liberating that I'm not bothered about food anymore.

How do you manage with the family meals Angie... how has it been for you to prepare and not eat precious...? xxx Love and hugs

Hi Angie that does sound great to not have food dictating your life..

Sounds like your doing great!!

How long did the pain last?

How do you manage with the family meals Angie... how has it been for you to prepare and not eat precious...? xxx Love and hugs

I've not found it a problem so far...I remember reading a post a while back, I think it may have been from Steph (?), who felt she was probably compensating by making lovely meals for the rest of the family....I think I may be doing that, but then I enjoy cooking anyway, I find it quite therapeautic, but just don't feel the need to eat it, particularly if it's baking (don't do sweet!), but I do eat what I have prepared if it's a main meal most of the time, but just a little portion on my side plate xxx

Hi Angie that does sound great to not have food dictating your life..

Sounds like your doing great!!

How long did the pain last?

Well when I came around after the op, I honestly though I had been run over by a train, but it wasn't really pain, it was more discomfort & tenderness. I was a bit pathetic for a couple of days, moving about very gingerly etc, but once I was back home in my own bed and had got a couple of good night's sleep, I was almost back to normal in a few days. xxxx

The 'what about us' side is coming out from my family and I have told them all... 'it's going to be time for you to do more, time for you to make more choices, time for you to have what you are given... i.e. more of what I will be eating' and they can look forward to eating healthier and our shopping bill going down with my portions!

My cupboards, freezer draw and fridge shelf are all ready in use and I'm starting to follow the rules that I've learned from the experience bypassers and sleevers on here... it's been well worth the read and the wait and I'm trying to keep my bariatric cookbooks at hand.

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

Regrets… not for one moment. I have been very very lucky with my bypass. I am ten months post op and there are things going on that others may see as negative but to me they are part of my journey. For example the head hunger is very real at the moment but I have sought help with this and I am speaking about it and aware the I cannot give it to it. My skin is also quite saggy and makes a flabbing sound in my thighs if I walk fast and am not wearing tights (which I can do now for the first time in years as they fit). Someone close recently said I looked “drawn” but I don’t care as this time last year I was 12 stone heavier and wearing a size 36/38 outfit. Furthermore I was also on diabetic medication and living a life of totally hopelessness. How could I possibly regret my wonderful by pass that showed me how to live life. I now want to walk places instead of getting lifts and also want to walk up stairs, just because I can. I feel fitter, healthier and happier. I don’t enjoy eating out as much as I used to but that is not a problem as there are loads of other things I do socially.
When I see the wrinkles in my skin I just think oh look at that, this is “my journey etched on my skin” (can someone please tell me what song that line is from) and I am actually pleased to see it as it shows that I am loosing and getting nearer to be a normal size, although I do have loads more to loose.
By bypass has been the best gift I have ever given myself and I am very proud of my decision to have the op. REGRETS???????????? HELL NO!

A beautifully written post and so pleased you are doing so well xxx love and hugs

Sounds like you are loving that bypass EB :D Great to see that it has made such a massive difference in your life! :D XX

I have just come back from two weeks holiday and read this post and thought I should add my bit.

I do not regret my decision AT ALL. I went private and wish I had forked out for the op years ago. I was a compulsive eater . . just large portions and a bit of a craving for sweet stuff. I no longer crave ANY food (if someone had told me this pre-op I would have thought they were fibbing!!). I still have 'normal' food and although I have had the odd wierd incident of dumping and things getting stuck this is either because I have eaten the wrong food or eaten too fast. I seem to have more restriction than most people and this in itself may have caused me some grief if it was not for the fact that I just love my life no longer being dictated by what I am going to eat next and then the guilt of having eaten too much/bad choices!

I do feel that I am lucky in that I have never suffered from depression or been a 'comfort eater'. Having this crutch removed if this is your downfall would probably be hard. I was just plain greedy . . . . and loved food too much. I still love cooking for my family but life no longer revolves around my food addiction.

I am 51 but wish I had known about this surgery ten years ago.

In the words of Mr. Ronald McDonald ...................................... 'I'm lovin' it!':D:D:D

I dont regret it one little bit !!! i would say ive had probably the odd 2 or 3 days when ive felt very sorry for myself and thats it !! they were both in the first 2 weeks when you are still adjusting to the new you and having to get used to the fact that you just cant have what you did before, i think it was also because its hard the first few weeks when all you can have is soup and you just get so bored of it !! now im more normal food i dont feel so deprived so it gets better and better :D
I feel the best i have in years and im only 2 1/2 months out and have lost just under 4 stone so i know that that im going to feel even better with each stone i lose from now on :D
Life is good and will only get better xxx

EB, an excellent post. Am glad to see you back and posting :)

Always a pleasure to read your threads EB, and Deeby, as positive and practical as ever... very well done and wishing you all the best for a relaxing Christmas. Love and hugs xxx

I, like Angie, love the fact that food no longer controls me. However, I feel I like this a bit too much, that might sound strange but I've never like the feeling of being 'stuffed' & full. So I now like the feeling of not wanting to eat & I suppose this has been made worse by fact that everything I do eat make me feel sick.

I'll cook for my boys yet I've never been tempted to eat it. The smell seems to be enough for me. I'd have killed pre-op for lasagne & garlic bread but now I cook it but never feel like I want it.

Its brilliant ;)

Im a bit like that Jacci, I love the smells of food but sometimes I have to make myself have some! Isnt it weird how much things have changed. Ive had a few days of not really eating very much atall, not been sickly....just not really interested and full very quickly....Result :D
Hope you get your sickness under control hun, did you write your letter ?? XX

Back