• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?

For god's sake stop bickering and picking at each other, i expect to read this on my 13yr old daughters facebook page. We are all or have all been in the same boat -

here here, been thinking this for a while!!!!!!! we all left the playground many years ago i suspect

Wow, what an interesting thread! Wish i'd been following all along..... So i'll throw in my twopence worth :) Firstly taking a vitamin/calcium/fasttab every day is no big deal, we all know it's coming so why moan about it after? It's not like they keep it top secret and tell you afterwards like it's a booby prize or something is it?

JMo, if food is not being friendly to you and it's making you ill then we want to know, to see if we can offer words of support or advice if we've been or heard of others suffering the same thing.... We want to know every bit of your journey, your highs and your lows can help people. In all honesty a post where someone is having problems/struggling will get my attention more than a 'oh my life is so wonderful, i've lost tons of weight and i'm beautiful', we need to know warts and all xx

I'll give it honestly - when i was pre op i thought some post oppers were stupid gets ruining their chance by eating and drinking alcohol, especially early on. Having had surgery myself i now don't think this way. We are all human and till you've worn the t-shirt don't comment on whether it suits you or not.

Those of us who have had the surgery should tell it like it is, whether its good or bad! We need to know about what kinda **** can hit the fan at some point (sorry for the language moderators but it's needed). When my hubby was down for the surgery i told him, don't expect a bed or roses like i've had, you can have it rough as heck, every person is different.

Lastly and i hope nobody takes offence, but as mother to three children and grandmother to two i have to say it...

For god's sake stop bickering and picking at each other, i expect to read this on my 13yr old daughters facebook page. We are all or have all been in the same boat -

Love n light and weight loss to you all xx

Again here, here!! But Julie truth of the matter is people or 'picked' at for voicing their opinion.

Personally, even soup has made me ill this week. I've not eaten a meal & I mean a bypass meal not a pre-op meal, in over a week. The only thing I can keep down is crispbread & melba toast.

As for the tablets, they don't bother me BUT I was not told at any point pre-op that I'd need to take the tablets. I learnt this thru the forum not from my 'team'!

Again i will reiterate that although I'm having a bad phase I do not regret my bypass one iota!!

Bout two weeks ago I bought a pair of pj's for Xmas, they are a size 14/16 & I thought they'd fit me by Xmas. I tried them on when I got home & guess what? They fit now!!!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo

Anyone who is blessed enough to get the chance of a bypass, take it!! But that's just my opinion!! However, don't think its the easy way out 'cos its not!!

Again here, here!! But Julie truth of the matter is people or 'picked' at for voicing their opinion.

Personally, even soup has made me ill this week. I've not eaten a meal & I mean a bypass meal not a pre-op meal, in over a week. The only thing I can keep down is crispbread & melba toast.

As for the tablets, they don't bother me BUT I was not told at any point pre-op that I'd need to take the tablets. I learnt this thru the forum not from my 'team'!

Again i will reiterate that although I'm having a bad phase I do not regret my bypass one iota!!

Bout two weeks ago I bought a pair of pj's for Xmas, they are a size 14/16 & I thought they'd fit me by Xmas. I tried them on when I got home & guess what? They fit now!!!!!!! Whoooo Hooooo

Anyone who is blessed enough to get the chance of a bypass, take it!! But that's just my opinion!! However, don't think its the easy way out 'cos its not!!

I think healthy debate is good for any forum JMo, i think it's wrong if people are picked on for voicing a forum. Maybe it's as been said before, the written word can be mis-interpreted. I know this cos i could cheerfully strangle my hubby sometimes at the 'phrasing' of some of his FB posts.

Your lack of not being able to eat anything apart from crispbread n melba toast is a concern, especially for a week... Are you managing fluids apart from soup okay though? It really doesn't sound right and i think you should speak to someone with more knowledge than any of us on the forum...

Great news about the pj's although i'm guessing they won't be fitting for long :) I'm very glad you don't regret your bypass and i will say again, people do need to know the bad side of surgery even more so than the good. I bless the lord every day for my smooth journey and realise exactly how blessed i am.... Having been here for almost 18 months i can remember the horror of Bonita's surgery and post surgery experience, it scared me but in no way put me off.... People need to know and it takes people to stand up and say things, without the sugar coating....

Here's hoping your pouch is a bit more sociable to some protein and food you can enjoy eating this week :) Love n hugs xx

Hope you feel much better in the forthcoming week Jacci...

Also hoping that there is never any offence caused to anyone on here... since I am sure it's never intended and meant in a hurtful way. There is never any need for this to get out of hand... we are all adults who all have needs as a result of our common experience.

I'm fully aware of the rollercoaster ride coming for me in the new year... but I'm going for it, because I want to live and spend time with my family, without the surgery... my time will be limited. Thanks to you, I've learned much and will be much better prepared.

Everyone can feel tender and vulnerable at times, but the overwhelming reason that we are huddled here is for support. Take care everyone.

Everyone is so different in their experience and I'm grateful for the people I've found on here that I would want with me on my journey... I'd also like to be there for everyone too...

Wishing everyone luck and good week ahead. xxx

For the first time since I joined this forum I now feel I have to watch every word I type. :confused:

Please don't honey. On every forum on the net there are always times when people see things according to their own personal bias and then others who think they are supporting them by stirring the pot. Its all part of forum life and this one is pretty good compared to some.

I don't see anyone getting picked on here for airing their views, that's utter rubbish from what I've read I see differing viewpoints is all. Others choose to see it their way and that's ok, it wouldn't do to be all the same would it

This is a great place and the level of positive support here for those that really want it and to give it is very special. Sometimes it takes something like this to remind us how lucky we are to have this forum and each other to help us on our way

So no more talk like that honey or the bat is really going up the nightdress ok LOL :D:D:D

Unbelievable! :(

Which bit is unbelievable Karen?

I have a friend who has lost about 12 stone in just over a year, she had real emotional problems to the extent that she split with her husband for 5 months. It's well known that as the fat melts the hormones and all sorts of emotions run riot....

You do seem to be overly sensitive at the moment, i don't know if it's depression or just the hormones as you have done so very well at the fat melting game :)

Morning folks

am now 6 weeks post op and have regretted it because
1. the information given preoperatively was not enough
2. my experience in hospital was a nightmare
3. I have found it tough going due to food intolerance, pain, vomitting, and nausea

I have lost 3 stone and I am feeling good about that. was at the hospital on friday for my post op. The weight loss is my driver, I know it will get better, cant turn the clock back and I know there will be a time in the future when I will say I am glad I went ahead with this. Afterall, it was my decision in the 1st place.

I have to say this is by far the most useful thread I have read in all this time on the forum. I thank each and every one of you for your honest opinions. Invaluable!

For the first time since I joined this forum I now feel I have to watch every word I type. :confused:

:wave_cry:please don't Dotty-I adore every single word you write-
reading your lovely pearls of wisdom inspires me try to be a nicer person:)

.....and to answer Mandy's question-
Zero regrets so far:D

Thanks everyone for your kind words :D
Karl and his bat up the nighty is starting to sounds like a welcome addition to my nightly routine :D XX

Despite the bickering I agree this is all very useful.

I feel quite guilty for starting it though as it would seem its had an adverse effect on some people. :confused:

We are all adults if something you say is taken the wrong way then its easy to correct with a simple explanation. If your explanation/apology is not accepted then best to move on or you will get bogged down with it all.

It seems that some people want to carry on the bickering, so as an adult I am choosing to ignore these posts and only take notice of the 99.9% of useful, helpful posts.

I'm not going to stop posting or watch what I say thats ridiculous! I will continue to ask daft questions, get upset, worry, be happy or whatever it is I feel that day and sod anyone who doesnt like it you dont have to read it!

And to those 99.9% of lovely people on here who read and reply with honesty.. thanks a million!!! :talk017:

Mandym, you ask all the silly daft stupid questions in the world my lovely. It's members like you who by asking questions helped me out of a jam by not having to ask myself......

We all have thoughts, different thoughts and ideas, and we need to share them because someone else either may not have thought about it or are too scared of looking silly!

Well if you've ever looked at my FB pics you'll know i don't care about looking silly :) But please don't tell me my bum looked big cos that just would break my heart ;) xx

That is quite offensive to me, why are other answers not honest?!
Mines honest, but its positive...we're all different.

Why take it so personally, its not addressed to you.
I know for a fact some people on here tell the opposite to the truth, and I was just making a point that it was nice to read a posting whereby someone is being completely honest - chill !!!!!!!

haaaaaaaaaa o dero, weve all our knickers in a twist!!! id like to say ive removed mine today and there hanging out straight :D

I can still have moments of regrets 7 months out.

Every one will have regrets at some point whatever they may say. From having to be in the position to have the op in the first place, waking in pain from the op, being sick after eating something that doesn't agree with them. Even to looking at a favorite food in the past and knowing that they may never eat it again.
Regret may be a fleeting thought to letting it become a burden that can haunt you for the rest of your life.

Yes I have regrets not about having the surgery and the weight loss it has bought but the other things it brings with it. Some days I can't eat at all a cup or 3 of coffee and a cracker is all I can manage and others I have no problems (yes I have discussed it with my Drs and all bloods are coming back perfect so hopefully it will be something that gets better the further from surgery I get, they said up to 2 years :eek:)

All I can say is nobody knows how they are going to feel after surgery some people can find it easy others find it hard and some people find it down right difficult and have trouble to come to terms with it.

Like having a baby no one knows how they will cope in labour my longest labour was 6 hour my shortest was 1 1/2 hours others have been in labour 42 hours then had a c-section.

Every one is different and you don't know how you will cope with the op and life after it UNTIL you have it done

Back