• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?

mandym1

Is there anyone who has had a bypass since regretted it?
x

I had my bypass on 22Nov and i love it so far, i think its the weight i have lost, just cant wait to chew something nice x

There has been fleeting moments when I wondered why I did it, but these are usually short and attached to wanting to eats huge quantities of food to make myself feel better. I dont regret it at all and everyday find something exciting about the results for example buying a size 14 dressing gown today to put away for christmas when this time last year it was a size 26.... These a moments I relish and hold onto. Yes it is hard sometimes but then life is sometimes.

I to have moments when I regret it, usually when out with family or friends and I have to sit there with a tea plate size meal whilst they have a 3 course meal with exciting food. I know it sounds terrible but my family that live 100 miles away always go out for meals to celebrate anything and I have to sit there with a poxy kids meal and tap water.

Though I'm having problems a year post op with poor weight loss and pain. I don't regrett my Bypass.
I love the fact that food is no longer a major issue in my life. I enjoy what I eat but just in smaller portions.

I dont regret my bypass one bit as it is the best thing I have ever done. I actually like myself now if that makes sense.

Jo
xx

I have read a few people on here having problems with the surgery but I have been one of the many lucky ones who have sailed through it.

Now 6 months on I just wished I had done it 20 years ago.

my only regret is not having done it sooner i sailed through my opp on the 28 oct and have loved every day since and so far have not had a single problem i just love my sleeve lol

none at all. Today I went in a charity shop saw a dress (nice for my cruise this time next year) was only a £1 so nothing to loose. Its a size 12 and I thought I might get away with it in 12 months, got home and wow it fitted. Last time I was a size 12 was 19 years ago

I to have moments when I regret it, usually when out with family or friends and I have to sit there with a tea plate size meal whilst they have a 3 course meal with exciting food. I know it sounds terrible but my family that live 100 miles away always go out for meals to celebrate anything and I have to sit there with a poxy kids meal and tap water.

Food does not have to be boring just because you have had WLS, share with some one or order a starter (most are big enough to be a meal for us) You have to be more inventive and adventurous :)

Also when you arrive, have a little word with them, explain that you have had surgery to stomach and cannot eat large portions and could they do a half portion?

I know most places are happy to accommodate their customer needs.

I did for a long while (about 6 months) but I really don't at all anymore! I love it....I just feel so much better about myself and am generally much more positive and eager to do things and I like that.

Well I have to say I do regret it :(

I don't regret the weight loss - I am very very thankful for that. But I have to be honest and say I do regret having surgery.

really karen??... in what way do you regret it sweets?......xx

I just feel I wish I had done it by my own efforts without the drastic measure of surgery.

I regret that I now have to take so many tablets a day to keep me healthy (I HATE taking my tablets).

I regret that I seem to have developed gallstones now since sugery (the pain is bad sometimes).

And I regret that now I don't enjoy eating at all. Food does not interest me anymore. I eat because I have to but I don't get the full feeling easily so I haven't worked out totally as yet when to stop eating. And because I do not enjoy general food at all I turn to "bad" food now and then because I at least get a little enjoyment out of that.

Maybe I wont always regret it - I really did early post-op, then didn't for a couple of weeks but now do again. I'm just contrary lol ;)

The only thing i regret is not having it done years ago!

I regretted it for about 1 minute 24 hours post op, and that was the only time!

As for food, i still love it. I enjoy eating out and am buggared unless i really want to have the kids meal if i'm having one. I'll take a bit of the families and maybe order a side to share if there's something i fancy. But to be honest i like the starters for my main so no big deal :)

Back