• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anybody know...???

whether you're allowed to have cous-cous when banded?

Am aware rice and pasta are advised to avoid (which I have been for the last week or so with Mazza's advice as diet too carb heavy but had been able to eat both)

Reason am asking is OH is making savoury mince (dry cooked mince with onion, diced peppers, diced carrot, herbs, chopped plum tomatoes and garlic) and pasta for him and daughter and wondered whether I could have had my portion with a little cous-cous instead?

Am happy to just have the mince on its own but just wondered as hadn't seen anybody mention it :)

thanks..

BlueDiamond

Hiya I have eaten couscous since being banded(2 spoonfuls max) albeit not 4 a while tho, I find Bulgar wheat ok to eat also, but each to their own xxx

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I have cous cous but only say a tablespoon. I would eat the mince and veg first then the cous cous if Im still not full. Its easy to get down and the flavoured ones are very nice ;)

Thanks for that ladies..

normally we use plain cous-cous and add flavour to it - maybe some cumin or turmeric and a squeeze of tomato puree to the water to make it with..

would normally only have half the recommended portion anyway - the one we have is Tesco brand and says 3.5oz so at most I'd have maybe an ounce of that..

so maybe just doing 1 or 2 spoonsful would be better as am aware mince can be filling in its own right.. and as it only takes a few mins to do - will wait and see.. but am glad to know that yes I can have some if I'd like to :)