• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else from Bradford?

I have my apt through with mr May @ St Luke's on the 27th of June.... I guess this is good news ? :) x

Oooeee you'll have to let me know how it goes!! Think I'm friends with you in fb?? Sorry lost track (added so many new people recently!) hope it goes well x x

Libertine79 said:
Oooeee you'll have to let me know how it goes!! Think I'm friends with you in fb?? Sorry lost track (added so many new people recently!) hope it goes well x x

Yes I think we are friends on Facebook and you meeting at lloyds today or are you coming next time?will Defo let you no how it goes :) xxx

No couldn't make today, will do my best for next time x x x

U will be fine. criteria for Bradford is BMI of 50+. Less if u have comorbidities xxx

im so confused n worried now, i have no comorbidities just overweight n my bmi is 51, im only at the very very beginning, i havent even been referred yet i have to see the nurse at surgery for a few months THEN i go back to docs to beg for referral, now im worried if i lose weight before referral and its below (which it will if icontinue being good) i wont get the funding but yet someone said ur bmi has to be 40+ to get funding. stressing now

Hi
I've found the info on the BOSPA website is sometimes out of date, Bradford hospitals have a good website, try looking on there. I think the criteria is now 35 with co morbidities and 40 without. If in doubt, call PALS they should be able to tell you.
W

Like most bariatric surgical programs we follow the guidance issued by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). It states that surgery can be considered if you have a body mass index greater than 40, or over 35 if you have complications associated with obesity. In addition to this, patients need to be well enough for the anaesthetic and surgery. Also you need to have tried some other approaches to weight loss including dieting, exercise programs, weight management classes nd drug therapy. Patients must be non-smokers.

thanks hun yeah ive just look, ya mind goes blank when u worry, a simple shove in right direction soon see's ya right lol x

Last edited:
No worries, it's a bit of a minefield, and sometimes with the Internet there is no way of knowing when the info dates from.

Hi guys.

I am in BD10 and at the start of this journey - I've seen some of you are very close by and as I'm not from Bradford originally I don't really have much of a support network locally :( it would be lovely to meet some new people, especially those who are on the same journey as me!

Hi guys.

I am in BD10 and at the start of this journey - I've seen some of you are very close by and as I'm not from Bradford originally I don't really have much of a support network locally :( it would be lovely to meet some new people, especially those who are on the same journey as me!

hi lawstudent. if you look for my thread called shout out to all yorkshire peeps, iv got together a few ladies, and we meeting again on tuesday. we are all at diffent stages xxx

Hey! I will check it out. Unfortunately I'm away from home for 3wks with work but it would be nice to join in when I'm back in Bradford!

where abouts in bradford are u from lawstudent and how far are u, have u been referred n recieved funding yet?

bd10 sorry i dint see that bit, lol alan carr is distracting me lol x

Back