• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else having the op this month?

Oooh I had my bypass at Jimmy's, good luck it will fly by now, remember to take in some mouth spray for dry mouth it's invaluable. X

Not very good I got a little stressed last night and ended up having spicy chicken dips :( I did well on the first day I'm trying to keep myself busy this morning I'm going to get some carrots later only as they are raw the go right through me! I think it's just knowing I'm on a diet that don't help. As I said I know I can do the milk diet easier I'll try this for a day or to if I can't manage it I will just put myself on the milk only. I know it's a psychological it's the issue around food. I've not given up yet x

Not very good I got a little stressed last night and ended up having spicy chicken dips :( I did well on the first day I'm trying to keep myself busy this morning I'm going to get some carrots later only as they are raw the go right through me! I think it's just knowing I'm on a diet that don't help. As I said I know I can do the milk diet easier I'll try this for a day or to if I can't manage it I will just put myself on the milk only. I know it's a psychological it's the issue around food. I've not given up yet x

Keep going Allrico you can do it. It is only a few weeks of your life to change your life forever.. I was really struggling with hunger to begin with (on 4 weight watchers soups and 4 yoghurts), but yesterday it got to bedtime and I realised I hadn't had one of my soups and one yoghurt. The foul taste of saccharin also got to me but I have sorted that now by having a mug of hot water with a teaspoon of marmite in. You either love it or hate it :)

I can't believe there are so many people having the op this month am due to get my band done on 17 nov so scared it nice to know how people are doing with there pre op diets as I haven't started mine yet is there some stuff that people found better for them when they was on the pre op diet that may have filled you up more look forward to here how your all healing I be following you all very soon :)

3 more sleeps - still a mix of nerves and excitement - although hubby doesn't understand the excitement lol!
I've been making soups today for the first fortnight all stacked ready in the freezer :0)

Good luck... what op are you having? I have a bypass on 17th

I can't believe there are so many people having the op this month am due to get my band done on 17 nov so scared it nice to know how people are doing with there pre op diets as I haven't started mine yet is there some stuff that people found better for them when they was on the pre op diet that may have filled you up more look forward to here how your all healing I be following you all very soon :)

I was given 5 options to choose from so what I found helpful was to do a trial run before starting. I tried the 5 pts of milk but only lasted till 11am before I said sod it and went and bought a cheese sandwich. The 4 soup and 4 yogs was the best for me... I was hungry to begin with but a few days in I got used to it.. and in fact tonight I still have two yogs and a tin of soup to eat but its a bit too late to eat now (10:30pm). Sugar free jelly is also a godsend if you get peckish.
Whatever you choose good luck. x

I was given 5 options to choose from so what I found helpful was to do a trial run before starting. I tried the 5 pts of milk but only lasted till 11am before I said sod it and went and bought a cheese sandwich. The 4 soup and 4 yogs was the best for me... I was hungry to begin with but a few days in I got used to it.. and in fact tonight I still have two yogs and a tin of soup to eat but its a bit too late to eat now (10:30pm). Sugar free jelly is also a godsend if you get peckish.
Whatever you choose good luck. x
I was given the same options and am doing the same pre-op diet and I have to say have rarely felt hungry on it at all

I have my op tomorrow - 7am at the hospital for 9am op.
My excitement has turned to nerves now, but I guess that's normal.
It doesn't help that I'm writing lists for the husband "just in case"

I have my op tomorrow - 7am at the hospital for 9am op.
My excitement has turned to nerves now, but I guess that's normal.
It doesn't help that I'm writing lists for the husband "just in case"

You will be fine... make sure there is a space for me on the loosers bench as I will be joining you on Saturday. xx

You will be fine... make sure there is a space for me on the loosers bench as I will be joining you on Saturday. xx

Thank you Beegee - are you counting down the days?
I was excited till a few hours ago, now I feel sick with nerves - I'm trying to keep busy - planned my last meal - salmon fillet and salad, cleaned the entire house and washing and ironing almost done! Will be packing once I pick up the monsters from school.
At least I won't have too much time to get worked up tomorrow.
Xx

Thank you Beegee - are you counting down the days?
I was excited till a few hours ago, now I feel sick with nerves - I'm trying to keep busy - planned my last meal - salmon fillet and salad, cleaned the entire house and washing and ironing almost done! Will be packing once I pick up the monsters from school.
At least I won't have too much time to get worked up tomorrow.

if you still have all of that nervous energy I can give you my address and you can clean my house too... I know an entirely selfless act on my behalf. :)

Yes excited too.. counting down the days.. 5 sleeps
Xx

if you still have all of that nervous energy I can give you my address and you can clean my house too... I know an entirely selfless act on my behalf. :) Yes excited too.. counting down the days.. 5 sleeps Xx

Lol!
If I don't speak to you before good luck Saturday x

Goodluck to everyone having their Op this month!

I was banded 5 weeks ago and was a bag of nerves the night before but before you know it you will be coming round in your room and its all over. I was surprised at how well I felt actually, thank the lord for good pain relief!

Remember to take it easy for the first few days & be kind to yourselves & you will soon be feeling fine, can honestly say I haven't a moments regret :)

Look forward to seeing you all on the losers bench xx

I'm just a couple of days behind you Emma on the 17th. Wishing you the very best from another wannabe loser x

Back