• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had a NHS Tummy Tuck?

This is great I'm starting to feel a lot more confident. There seems to be more and more stories of people being given positive answers from the PCT I hope I am one of them!!!!!!! Buffybabes, please get some pics when you can! Hope it all goes well x

pre and post op photos

promise will post before and after pics as soon as. 5 more sleeps till my op !! :eek: thats if i can sleep !!

xx

HI Buffybabes,
I'm so pleased for you, i was just reading your story & the hairs stood up on my arms, it brought back memories of seeing my GP & the short process that followed.
One piece of advice i would give you & anyone else going for a tummy tuck is keep as positive as you can & try not to over think about things, i was so grateful to be accepted for my full tummy tuck & despite knowing i was going to be having a major op i was not nervous at all just very excited which i think really helped me.
I wish you all the luck in the world & will be think of you this weekend.

Best wishes Bubbles. x

promise will post before and after pics as soon as. 5 more sleeps till my op !! :eek: thats if i can sleep !!

xx
Yey bet you are so excited about it all. Please keep us up to date with things and defo get some piccies on here. Will be thinking of you. Take care xx

thank you all

Altho i have my hubby and daughter to talk to, think they get bit fed up with me going on and on lol, so this site has been brill to actually contact people who are or who will be going thro the same.

Made my wee list of items to take to hospital on friday. Mostly nervous about the phone call ive to make at 2 pm to see if a bed avail. What will i do if they say there isnt one .... yikes !!!

Spoke to my boss today about being off - not sure how long it will be for - but she is being fab about it. Told her i will be back to work as soon as i can, and planning to do some work at home too.

Well, good-night everyone, 3 more sleeps till i go into hosp, and 4 more sleeps till the op and im feeling soooooooooo nervous.

Big hugs

xxx:nightf:xxx

Ah, so you told your boss what you was going for??? I was thinking about that. I know I am a bit (well a lot) ahead of myself but not really sure I want to tell him that is the reason why I will be away, if I get the go ahead!

Buffybabes I am so pleased for you, I really wish I was at the point that you are now!!! Don't worry there will be a bed and even if not you are really nearly there! In a couple of weeks time you will be in your post op recovery stage! You lucky lucky thing!!!!!! :)

ohhh, thanks PSL, then it will be your turn - the time will just fly. Cant believe it has come so quickly, and it will be the same for you... its mad !!!!!

My boss is gr8, she is a really good friend too, and i can talk to her about anything, so she has been there for me from day 1. But its a totally personal thing, so just make sure you are ready to tell your boss. If you feel uncomfortable, then you can say you are getting a major op and will need time off, you dont need to go into details if you dont want to. Not really sure what your sickline would say, but im sure if you explained to your dr, they would be on your side.

Not sure if i will be online before my op. Im hoping to let you all know ive had the go ahead on friday when i phone at 2pm to see if bed avail. So will try to get on to let you all know its going ahead. But if you dont hear from me, then it will be going ahead anyway and just not had time to come on to let you all know. (hope this makes sense, lol, starting to get nervous).

I will keep you all informed of absolutely everything that happens, all the gory details, the lot.....

So goodnight everyone, and will hopefully get on on friday to tell you outcome if bed avail... fingers crossed for me..... if bed is avail, to be there for 7pm, then op first thing on sat morning.

SO WATCH THIS SPACE lol

PS .... gonna get my hubby to take 'before' photos on friday then will get 'after' done as soon as. not sure if i can show them on here or not tho, think ive to have posted so many posts !!! Perhaps someone can find out for me ??

Right, im baffling now, so will love you all and leave you.

Goodnight and BIG HUGE hugs

xxxx:pxxxx

Ah Buffybabes,
Really good luck and I will have my fingers crossed for you! And yes I would like very gory detail step by step please! I'm sure everyone else on here does too! Good luck and speak soon x

Hi Buffybabes,

Good luck with your call today, i'm sure they will have a bed for you.

I'm leaving soon go back to the hospital for them to have another look at the fluid so won't be back til around 4pm, so hopefully by then you will be getting all your things organised.

Once again good luck hun i hope everything goes ok.

Just remember keep positive about everything don't worry about things & keep in mind that what ever happens you having something done that you've always wanted so, it will all be worth it in the end.:)

hi, im new to the forum and about to have a tummy tuck with muscle repair surgery on monday! its funded by the NHS. reading some of your stories i realise how lucky ive been, my gp referred me to the Consultant and within 2 wks i had an appointment and within 3 months my op date altho i was twice offered earlier surgery dates due to cancelations.

i gained my weight through lack of exercise and overeating. i didnt really follow any specific diet just stuck to healthy eating and the gym and within the first year i'd lost 8 stone - hence alot of loose skin. ive already had my arms and thighs lifted privately as funding on the nhs is not available for these procedures .....yet!

just wanted to thank bubbles its really put my mind at rest about the surgery. how swollen are you?

Hi nic1981,

Re : swelling

This morning i honestly looked 6 months pregnant just got back from the hospital where they have drained another ½ pint of fluid, this time they did it using ultrasound so they could see where the fluid was building up.
I feel a little more comfortable, not so bloated but still have alot of swelling.
I now have to watch & wait to see if it builds up again which from what i was told will possibly keep happening.
Just can't wait to see the end result, i know that 4 hrs after the op when the docs came to check my wound i had an amazing flat tummy.

When you get to 50 posts you'll be able to see others before & after pics.
Try playing the word games on here you'll soon be at 50 posts.

just a quickie to say bed is avail, so just getting things ready and had a nice long soak in the bath and shaved my bits n bobs lol. This time tmr will all be over.

Poor you bubbles, im hoping you will get it sorted out soon, its quite worrying that they dont know why you keep swelling up.

Good luck nic for monday.

I will post my progress as soon as.

big hugs
xxxxx

Hey Buffy, Know I'm a bit late but so glad you got a bed. You have probably had your op by now. Speak soon! x
Bubbles glad you are feeling a bit better. Just remember you are on the road to recovery! It won't be long until you will be wearing a bikini!!!!!! Lucky thing! x

thanks buffybabes hope ur op is going well!! wishing u a speedy recovery!

thanks bubbles i had alot of fluid build up (seromas)in my legs and arms but they just syringed it off, it took about three times before it finally faded though.sounds like your doing well though, just think when all the swelling goes you'll be left with the stomach u had 4hrs after the op! are you in a lot of pain? i remember reading people saying they were in agony over the arm/leg operations but to me it was more uncomfortable than actual pain. i didnt really use my pain pump much but i think with the muscle repair on my tum i might be in for a big surprise lol

i ring tomorrow to see if a bed is available so all systems go! will try and post update when i get back. no doubt the net will be my life for a while lol

Hi nic1981,

Good luck with your hospital call today, fingers crossed they have a bed for you.

I haven't had any pain with tt, the muscle repair was a little bit uncomfortable but bearable, it's very tight & burns a little when you try & straighten up, it doesn't last for long & it does get easier everyday.

Cant wait to hear your update.

Good luck x x

Its over !!

Hi all, im back lol... Thanks to everyone who left me well wishes, that was so kind.

Hey bubbles, been reading your posts on your swelling. Sounds terrible, im hoping you get to the bottom of it asap. It must be such a let down having the big op then this happening to you. My heart goes out to you babes.

Im ok, bit sore, but getting better.

Well i promised rundown of what happened so here goes....

After phoning on frid to see if bed available, and there was,decided to have a long soak and shave my bits n bobs so i was ready and raring to go.

Had to be there for 7pm, and when we got there i got my initial consultation - just questions re health etc. I got my pj's on and tried to settle down for the night. There was another 3 in the ward with me, so managed to chatter away the time with them until sleepy times.

Didnt get much sleep, and in the morning the nurse gave me a gown and asked me to have a shower. She said there was a girl coming in to get something done first as she had diabetes, but i was straight after her. So had my shower and put on the lovely gown and stockings. The girl had arrived that was going before me and she too getting ready. Then the surgeon came to speak to me and he drew all over me with marker pen where he was cutting away the skin and where he was doing the liposuction. I asked him to do my thighs while he was at it, but he never took me on !!

Then i had to sign the consent form and it was the anesthetist (not sure how to spell it) turn to speak to me. He was a lovely chap and just explained what would happen when i went down to theatre. To be honest, i was so nervous i never took a lot in. So after this it was just a matter of waiting, and waiting and waiting.

Around 2 hours later, the porters came for me (10.30am). I got taken to the theatre where a lovely nurse was waiting for me and tried to sort of chit chat to pass time. But in the theatre i could hear the girl who had been in before me screaming and coughing and being violently sick. It was horrendous and made me really agitated. I asked if everything was ok, so the nurse went through and when she came back said it was ok. I could still hear her and she was coughing really bad. Then the anesthetic man came out and i asked him if the girl was ok, he said she was absoultely fine and that this happens sometimes to people who smoke. Scary!!
So the nurse put on pads on my legs that seemingly massage you whilst you are sleeping, and that was me, ready to go.

Anyway, he got me ready and said he was putting the catthetar in my hand and giving me a wee local first. Only felt a wee nip then he said he had put the needle in. Then he said i might start to feel woozy, some people did and some people just drifted off. I think i was in the process of saying i was starting to feel woozy then it went black...

When i woke in recovery room, my throat was bit sore (must be from tube they put down there), and felt bit sore, and tired but nothing drastic. I got some pain killers then they left me for a wee while. I just felt really tired, so they eventually took me to the ward (4.15pm) where i remember just drifting in and out of sleep.

When i finally woke, they told me i had been away for around 4 hours !!!! But i felt ok. Just more uncomfortable rather than sore. My Bp quite low, so had to get it checked quite a lot, but mines is usually low anyway. Oh yeah, i remember needing a pee badly and had to get the nurse to help me do it in the bed in a bed pan and it lasted ages lol. I told her i didnt understand how i was peeing like a horse cos i had no fluids for ages, but she said they keep pumping you with fluids in theatre so that will be why.

My hubby and daughter came to visit after 7pm, i was still in a little pain, but not too bad. It was hard sitting up or moving around whilst using tummy muslces. Anyway, i yet again needed a pee (typical), but couldnt get up, so the nurse brought a chair round and wheeled me to the loo. I felt really dizzy but managed to go. And again peed like a horse - what was that all about ??????

It made me sort of wary to drink any fluids as i wasnt wanting this palava everytime i needed to go. But by the morning i managed to get up myself and go. (7am)

i had 2 drains in so just dragged them around with me. The surgeon came back round to see me (8.15) and said i could get the drains removed and go home if i wished. So later on the nurse removed them and i was all ready to leave. My hubby came and got me at 3ish and got home yesterday around 4pm. Just came straight to bed where they have been looking after me.

Didnt have a good night sleep. The pain killers they have given me are called co-dydramol and dont seem as strong as the ones i got in hosp. To take 2 every 4 hours and also got flucloxacillin to take which i think is an anti-biotic. I had a terrible night sleep - just not comfy at all. When were you able to lie on your sides? I can only lie on my back. Do you think i should call my dr to get stronger pain killers? Or just see how it goes.

Regarding body support - i didnt get provided one, my hubby was told to go buy one before i was let out !!! He managed to get granny support knickers from M&S which the nurse said was fine, but they cost £30. So anyone going for the op soon. maybe shop around cos quite expensive. He only got me one pair so gonna have to wash them all the time, and wearing knickers under them.

Getting my stitches out in 10 days time. So not able to really see my results. Got lots of dressing on and told can have shower if i dry off properly. Cant wait to see results and will keep you posted.

Hope everyone ok.

Nic - hope it goes ok for you today... thinking about you.

Bubbles - let me know how you are doll.

xxxxx

:p

Back