• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had a NHS Tummy Tuck?

Hi Buffybabes,

Just spent last 10 mins replying then i timed out i went to log in & lost everything i wrote, grrr. so annoying.

Welcome back, glad everything went well. How are you feeling.

If you need something stronger for the pain i'd give them a call they might be able to suggest something stronger.

I was sent home with paracetamol & ibuprofen 3 times a day as an anti inflammatory. I wasn't in any pain at all only the muscle repair was a little uncomforatble.

I was suprised they didn't give a compression garment top wear, did you not have any support when you were discharged?

I woke up from op with a velcro support thingy already on, i used the support knickers when i got home though because i couldn't do the velcro up by myself.

I think i was about 9 days post op when i could lay on my side, i did post it somewhere i'll have a look back & check. it was only my muscles that prevented me from laying on my side sooner.

You said you have to go back to have you stitches removed i haven't heard of that i thought everyone had either glue or disolvable stitches nowadays. i guess it depends on the wound

As for me, i've still got the fluid problem & i'm going back to hospital again today from more aspiration.

One bit of good news is that i'm back driving now, thats less than 3 wks since the op. at least i can drive myself to the appointments now, everyone has been so supportive but i was beginning to feel like a burden on everyone.

Can't wait to see you pics, try playing some of the word association games, that will soon boost you post so you can add pics. 50 post needed to do more on here.

hi bubbles,
thats great you can drive now, isnt it bit uncomfy tho being so swollen? Is your swelling beginning to go down daily now? Im hoping you can see your results.

My hubby just been to dr to hand in my discharge letter, and dr going to call me at 4pm so will ask him about pain killers. My surgeon told me i had really bad scarring tissue that he had to cut out from my op 12 years ago which damaged my muscles, so this is maybe causing me discomfort. As far as stitches go, not sure why i have them, but was told i will get sent out an appt to have to get stitches removed !!!

Have you managed to see your scar yet?

Im just the sort of person who hates relying on anyone and not liking not being able to do something, just a bad patient really lol - i should lie back and enjoy being looked after !!!

When i woke up from op, i had and still have, tight dressing all round my tummy which is water resistant. didnt have any means of restraining garment at all. Surgeon said that before i left hosp i should get something !!! It now in the washing machine as we speak along with my lovely stockings lol.

Feeling a little bit swollen but that is to be expected i suppose.

Do you know how long you will have to go through your visits at hosp to get drained? Is it sore? Really feel it for you. When are you going back to work?

Away to try to find your word association thing so i can boost my posts as would like to get photos posted.

xxxx;)xxxx

Despite the swelling i don't have an discomfort & dring is fine, i'm only 4ft 10 so have to have the seat all the way forwards so i can reach the peddles, with all the skin gone there's a huge cap between my tummy & the steering wheel, thats when i realised how much skin the took away.
When you hit the 50 post mark check out my pics you'll see what i mean.

As for my scar i saw my wound for the first time 9 days post op when i went to the dressings clinic for a dressing change & check up, the took off the waterproof dressing but didn't put anything back on. I just put a dressing over it to stop my knickers rubbing on it.

NOt sure how long i will have to keep going back for the aspirations i guess i keep going until the fluid settles down & my body is able to absorb the fluid itself.

I'm now back in my size 10 jeans which is cool, just need to tone up soon to get my shape back, with all the swelling my body looks very square.lol.

I've decided that despite being able to drive i'm not going to go back to work until 6 wks post op, i look after 3 yrs old twins & want to be 100% sure that i can pick them up if i need to.
To be honest it's been lovely just having some me time.

Have fun posting, can't wait to see your pic.
By the time you add yours i should have a couple more to add myself.

Take care hun, look after yourself or should i say let others look after you. x x

hi bubbles, this is second time typed this as my daughter is mucking about and last one disappeared !!!

Just amazed at you cos you are going thro all this and looking after 3 year old twins - wow.

just had dr on phone, said med i got from hosp was no where near strong enough, so prescribing me more. Glad i asked now.

My hubby just brought me my tea so signing off now. Getting my mum over to visit tonight, so that will be nice.

Have nice night
xx

Hey buffy you're back! glad you are feeling well! I bet you're looking back now and wondering what you was worried about!!!
How do you feel now being post op???? Liberated I bet!!!

3 days post op

Hi PSL

Just glad its all over, will be your turn soon... bet you cant wait.

Had another uncomfortable night, not much sleep, kept trying to roll onto my side but so uncomfortable, then couldnt get back to sleep.

Have had nice shower this morning so feel nice and fresh. Still feeling bit uncomfortable but when the painkillers kick in, not too bad.

Still feeling slightly dizzy too, but think my bp will still be low.

Have you heard any more news?

Getting couple of friends visiting tonight, so looking forward to that.

Cant wait to see my results, as quite hard to imagine just now with all my dressings on. Awaiting my appt for stitches to come out. Im still walking with a stoop. Nurse said thats the key to not feeling too much pain.

My daughter said i look like a robot when im walking, and she keeps making me laugh which hurts then she finds it even funnier cos i cant laugh much.

My dog is following me around everywhere, bless, she must know something is up.

My hubby away to get my new prescription, so looking forward to having a good nights sleep.

Still lying upstairs on top of my bed just watching tv and chillaxing. Its easier being upstairs as toilet nearby. Dont know how Bubbles has managed with having wee tots to look after !!!!!

Big hugs everyone xxxx

HI guys, just to let you know that I am seeing the PS tomoz...let you know the outcome!

good luck PSL - will be thinking about you.

I had another bad night sleep. Hate having to sleep in the one position all night. Plus really really itchy under my dressing. Is this normal?

How's your swelling bubbles? Are you still having to get drained?

Ive got appt thro for tues to get stitches removed then another for 20th march - must be for them to just check everything ok. Feeling really bloated and swollen today, but not much pain, just uncomfortable.

big hugs
xxxx

Hi guys...well had the appointment with the PS...she was very nice. I do have to get PCT funding but she seemed quite positive. She told me that i have umbilcus something or another???? My muscles are very stretched. I am quite surprised by that because I had been testing it myself and thought they were quite closed. How wrong was I. lol x She told me about the op and where it would be if I get the funding. She asked lots of questions about how i felt about my stomach and what medical reasons I have for wanting the op. Told her the truth. I know a lot of people say to milk it but I am sure they can see through "crocodile tears" It was so funny, I was fine until I stepped into the room and she asked me questions and I just started welling up. You think you are fine with it and can talk about it pretty freely and then when you are in situations like this you really realise how much it does affect your life.
Anyway she will be writing to my GP and they will be putting in a joint request for funding to my PCT. So keep your fingers crossed for me ladies, not expecting to hear anything for a month or two atleast. MORE WAITING!!!!! I have an open appointment with her to come back and book surgery if funding goes through. God I really hope it does! xxxxxxx

Hi Buffybabes,
How are you feeling today, i hope things are getting a little bit easier for you everyday.

I'm almost back to normal now can't believe it's been 3wks since my op.
Tummy muscles still feel a little tight but have been standing up straight now for about 4 days.
The fluid problems seems to be getting better by itself, didn't need it to be drained when i went to the hospital on Monday.

Got the go ahead to drive last Friday, finally got my freedom back, it doesn't hurt at all to drive i had a practice run with my husband in a carpark before i ventured out on my own.

Bloody typical though, after getting ok to drive some silly woman pulled out in front of me on the way to the hospital, i'm ok can't say the same for the car though.grrrr.

The 3yrs old twins i was talking about are not mine, i'm just their child minder i miss them dearly but not ready to go back to work just yet.

I do have 3 kids of my own though ages 8,14 & 15 they have been a great help through my recovery, as well as hubby.

You mentioned about being itchy under your dressing i was told it was normal just part of the healing process & a good sign the nerves are healing well.

sorry to hear you are feeling swollen & bloated my swelling started 5 days post op it's all normal, not everyone swells or gets the fluid.

Sleeping is a lot better now especially as i can now sleep on my tummy, pure bliss.
I'm only 35 but feel older, hubby & i laughed last night we both fell asleep on the chair at 8.45pm our 2 eldest kids thought it was hilarious, i have an excuse.lol
Have been getting very tired just lately, i guess as i'm doing more now during the day.

bye bye baggy belly

Hi Bubbles,
I hope every thing si going well for you, you must be well on the road to recovery by now. Any advice for me as I going in for my nhs tt on Saturday 7March after loosing 8.5st. Am I excited-you bet I am, am I scared-just a little:wave_cry:

Hi, mylouie,
I'm doing fine thanks.
WOW, 8½ stone thats amazing, how did you do that?
Don't be scared it's not as bad as anyone thinks, i was more sore after my 3 c sections than i was with the tt, i was so grateful to being given the funding for my tt & thoughts of the future with a body i was pleased to have was all i needed to keep me positive.
Good luck with it all, it's all worth it in the end.

hi bubbles

so jelous - i wish i could sleep on my tummy - im still lying on my back and think i try to roll onto my side during the night, but wake up in pain. Im placing a pillow down each side so cant roll over too far. Just cant wait to sleep normally. Think out of everything with TT - thats the worst.

I managed a walk round the village yesterday - took me 30 mins what would normally take me about 10. Got a few weird looks with the way i was walking - looked like had had accident in my pants or something !!! But was a good walk, and i felt like i had run a marathon. Was so wiped out rest of the day.

Im hoping to get back to work week on monday - but if i needed longer off, think my boss would be ok with that. Im gonna have a go at driving next week sometime - not ready yet, but as you say - every day seems bit better.

I have my post op appt tomorrow, so hoping to get rid of this horrid dressing and have a good scratch !! Its so mad how itchy i am - been thinking ive developed a dose of chicken pox under there lol.

Apologies for thinking twins were yours - must have been the way i read your threads - bet they keep you on your toes anyway !! Just enjoy your time off at the mo tho.

My visitors have asked me if ive lost weight in my process. I did weigh myself when i got home, and had lost 1lb (didnt really know what to expect really), but they are all looking at me in shock horror as if to say i went thro all this pain to only lose a pound. I was not in this to lose the weight anyway, as long as my tummy looks better that is all that matters.

So hopefully tomorrow i will have my bandages off and get my 'after' photos done and posted on site.

and well done mylouie - thats amazing progress.

big hugs xxx

hi all finally back to the land of the living after my TT and muscle repair on monday. it went really well. it wasnt as painful as i thought it was going to be the most pain is getting off the bed for the first time - ouch! i fainted the first two attempts lol.

im now practically standing straight and not in any pain its just tight really. i go back on the 12th to have my dressings removed.

im glad you dont have to have your stomach drained anymore bubbles bet thats a blessing.

i know what you mean about sleeping buffybabes,i tried to lie on my side it was slightly uncomfortable but i panicked it might do damage so just lay on my back. i cant wait till i can sleep on my side of tummy.

good luck with funding psl i hope you get it!!

Thanks a lot ladies, glad you are all doing well dosen't seem as scary now hearing your comments, glad it has not been too painful! x

welcome back nic

hope you are recovering well.

I went to hosp yest to get my dressings removed. Really happy with my results. Still feeling 'tight' but not really painful. Just when sleeping at night and first thing in morning.

Was out shopping today and got bit dizzy, but think my bp is still slightly low.

Well, when i was in for check up yesterday, i was really surprised to hear that i had a full tt not a mini one and have a brand new bellybutton too. Initially i was getting mini tt to get rid of bad scars and lip above, but they just went ahead with full tt without lipo. Im really happy with results but my hubby (who came in with me), said my bellybutton looks quite high up. Im a bit worried about his reaction, but i thought it looked gr8. I think before it was down more so it looks bit weird being as high up now. Ive still not had 'after' pics done yet, but will get that done asap, need new batteries for camera !!!!

I also weighed myself again this morning and have put on 4 lbs !!!!! How has everyone else's weight been? Im quite swollen, so just putting it down to that and also the fact that im sitting on my arse all day without any exercise.

Im hoping to get back to work week on monday too, cant stand the boredom any longer, altho had lots of visitors which has been good.

Still not able to lie on my sides during the night. Bubbles said she was 9 days after op before she could, so hopefully wont be too long. Think this has been the worst of it. Im such a fidget during the night, and wake up every 5 minutes just now.

Hope you all having good weekend.

big hugs
xxx

Hi guys...well had the appointment with the PS...she was very nice. I do have to get PCT funding but she seemed quite positive. She told me that i have umbilcus something or another???? My muscles are very stretched. I am quite surprised by that because I had been testing it myself and thought they were quite closed. How wrong was I. lol x She told me about the op and where it would be if I get the funding. She asked lots of questions about how i felt about my stomach and what medical reasons I have for wanting the op. Told her the truth. I know a lot of people say to milk it but I am sure they can see through "crocodile tears" It was so funny, I was fine until I stepped into the room and she asked me questions and I just started welling up. You think you are fine with it and can talk about it pretty freely and then when you are in situations like this you really realise how much it does affect your life.
Anyway she will be writing to my GP and they will be putting in a joint request for funding to my PCT. So keep your fingers crossed for me ladies, not expecting to hear anything for a month or two atleast. MORE WAITING!!!!! I have an open appointment with her to come back and book surgery if funding goes through. God I really hope it does! xxxxxxx
Hey PSL,
Glad that the appointment went well and bet you are chuffed that you havent been turned away so far, all good stuff. It sounds that your story is exactly the same as mine as i have the muscle problem being my main issue. Did she say how far apart they were out of interest? Fingers well and truely crossed that you hear soon about the funding and it is good news. Please keep us posted. I am still waiting to hear about mine, not too sure if the longer it goes on could be better or my gp just didnt do it as quick as she said she would haha.
xxxxx

Back