• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had a NHS Tummy Tuck?

Hey PSL,
Glad that the appointment went well and bet you are chuffed that you havent been turned away so far, all good stuff. It sounds that your story is exactly the same as mine as i have the muscle problem being my main issue. Did she say how far apart they were out of interest? Fingers well and truely crossed that you hear soon about the funding and it is good news. Please keep us posted. I am still waiting to hear about mine, not too sure if the longer it goes on could be better or my gp just didnt do it as quick as she said she would haha.
xxxxx
Hey kezzack, Yeah she told me 8 centimetres!!! you should hear soon. I hope it is good news for you. My PS said that mine may take a little while, so not to expect anything through the post next week. She will be writing to my doctor for him to also write a supporting letter before she sends of to the PCT.(hope she has already done this. I know the receptionist at my docs, so will ask her to check!) She advised that once that has been sent and fully completed they will write her and my GP of the date when they will be looking at my case. They meet every two weeks. So the PS said I will not here from her until I receive a letter to make another appointment if funding has been confirmed or a letter stating what my options are if it has been rejected. Really hope I get funding!!!!!xxxxx:eek:

Hey kezzack, Yeah she told me 8 centimetres!!! you should hear soon. I hope it is good news for you. My PS said that mine may take a little while, so not to expect anything through the post next week. She will be writing to my doctor for him to also write a supporting letter before she sends of to the PCT.(hope she has already done this. I know the receptionist at my docs, so will ask her to check!) She advised that once that has been sent and fully completed they will write her and my GP of the date when they will be looking at my case. They meet every two weeks. So the PS said I will not here from her until I receive a letter to make another appointment if funding has been confirmed or a letter stating what my options are if it has been rejected. Really hope I get funding!!!!!xxxxx:eek:
Ok this gets even more close to a mirror of me as my gap is also 8cm - how bizzare is that!!! So we are both in the same boat with regards to our stories then. Its been 6 or 7 weeks now since my gp appointment for funding so surely i should be hearing something back soon. I am actually tempted to phone the docs tomorrow just to even check that it has gone to them so im not waiting for mr postman each day!!! Im sure our pct meet every couple of weeks as she said i should hear within about 3 or 4 weeks. I think a little reminder im still here and waiting could defo be in order. Hope all goes well with you and i will be on here as soon as i find out either way x x

Ok this gets even more close to a mirror of me as my gap is also 8cm - how bizzare is that!!! So we are both in the same boat with regards to our stories then. Its been 6 or 7 weeks now since my gp appointment for funding so surely i should be hearing something back soon. I am actually tempted to phone the docs tomorrow just to even check that it has gone to them so im not waiting for mr postman each day!!! Im sure our pct meet every couple of weeks as she said i should hear within about 3 or 4 weeks. I think a little reminder im still here and waiting could defo be in order. Hope all goes well with you and i will be on here as soon as i find out either way x x

Hey Kezzak,
How weird....we will defo find out if this postcode lottery thing is true!!!! I would defo call the docs... you have the patience of a saint, my appointment has just been over a week and i am already contemplating calling the receptionist to see if the PS has sent a letter to the GP and if he has written a letter back. I think after 7 weeks all my hair will have fallen out! I think the worst part is the waiting and not knowing. Once you know either way you can deal with it but hanging in limbo is awful. I just want to be at buffybabes and bubbles stage!!!!!!

Hey Kezzak,
How weird....we will defo find out if this postcode lottery thing is true!!!! !!!!!
Actually saying that my PS even said to me it will be dependant on my postcode! Do you know if they do postcode funding within PCT's surely not!!!!!! I think my PCT covers about 3 main areas.

Yep we can definatly see if the postcode lottery is true or not in our cases then, i really really hope we are both lucky enough to get the funding and would be gutted if one of us did and one of us didnt. I think i am going to have to call the docs tomorrow to see if she has heard or anything, you never know she may have had the results and the letter is being typed up by the admin team!! I am preparing my appeal case already though incase i get turned down but hey we will see. Im not too sure what areas are covered by my pct but i think that it is quite a large area. I was thinking too we could have time with us or against with regards to new budgets and tax years. There could be money left over they need to spend in order to get the same budget again after april or there may not be any money left until the new tax year starts again next month.......
x

I know what you mean....but I was thinking the other way...that by the time we would be due for the ops it would be the new financial year! Lets hope anyway x

I know what you mean....but I was thinking the other way...that by the time we would be due for the ops it would be the new financial year! Lets hope anyway x
Oh yeah of course, well lets hope the new year will be in our favour haha!! Well phoned my docs this morning and she is on leave and has been for a couple of weeks so you never know there could be a letter waiting from the pct ready to come out to me (im hoping anyway!) She is back next week so will be ringing again then xx

Bloody typical always the way, you phone and they are not there!!!!! Hope there is some good news waiting for you.

Ok just got copied into a letter sent from my PS to my GP, this is what the letter says:

I saw this lovely lady in my O/P clinic today. As you know she has had 2 children delivered by caesarean section and has been left with an excessive abdominal overhang, which is causing both functional and psychological probs.
She frequently gets rashes within the fold of the O/H which can be left raw and painful. Psychologically this is also affecting her relationship with husband.
I feel she is a worthy candidate for an abdominoplasty and this could be carried out at ST Georges Hosp. Unfortunately as you know this case needs to be discussed with the PCT. It is often helpful if this application form is backed up by the general practitioners and I suspect you will also be asked to fill out a form/letter. I am putting the wheels in motion and have told the patient that I will write her pending approval from the PCT. She will then be invited back to the clinic to discuss the surgery once more in detail.

hi ladies

just been reading your posts, and having my fingers, crossed and everything else that i possibly can. I remember feeling the exact same as you, but honestly, the time will fly and before you know it - it will all be going ahead. It sounds like its all defo going ahead. Good luck xxxx

Back