• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone under Luton & Dunstable hopsital

Well folks , not long now until I try to get the Op after one failed attempt because they didnt have a high dependency bed for me for after the operation , This Friday is round 2 and theyve promised me they will do it , Iv been on liquid diet for 5 weeks now and iv lost good amount of weight . Just hope they get it done as I want to get going and start a very new chapter of my life , after 20 years of **** I deserve and need a break and this is it , this week I found an old rock t.shirt I havent been able to get into for many years , my goal is to wear it out this time next year ,..........and I will x

Good luck... great inspiration... lots of before and after pics are needed :)

I'm getting a but nervous now... thinking about all the what ifs and reading papers a millikn times... :/

Dreamt of food the other night lol

Milk diet is going ok again... 6 days till the op date... eeek... !!

Hope everyone is fine

Well folks , not long now until I try to get the Op after one failed attempt because they didnt have a high dependency bed for me for after the operation , This Friday is round 2 and theyve promised me they will do it , Iv been on liquid diet for 5 weeks now and iv lost good amount of weight . Just hope they get it done as I want to get going and start a very new chapter of my life , after 20 years of **** I deserve and need a break and this is it , this week I found an old rock t.shirt I havent been able to get into for many years , my goal is to wear it out this time next year ,..........and I will x

Good luck, hope everything goes smoothly this time

Lynn x

I'm getting a but nervous now... thinking about all the what ifs and reading papers a millikn times... :/ Dreamt of food the other night lol Milk diet is going ok again... 6 days till the op date... eeek... !! Hope everyone is fine

Hey luluah I'm in 7am Monday EEEEEEKKKK!!! I'm starting to get nervous now lol, life beyond surgery!!!! My milk diets going well over Easter I did have some turkey breast no skin and veggies THO I must admit!! But been good since!! Getting very close now xxxx

Hey luluah I'm in 7am Monday EEEEEEKKKK!!! I'm starting to get nervous now lol, life beyond surgery!!!! My milk diets going well over Easter I did have some turkey breast no skin and veggies THO I must admit!! But been good since!! Getting very close now xxxx

Wow..... all the best! Keep us posted.
Sounds like we will be ships in the night lol x

Some of the pre bariatric diets allow lean meat veg or salad... but Lutons is different. Very confusing lol... but I guess we just have to trust the experts lol. Hopefully wont affect the liver shrinkage, Im sure will be fine as it will be another week since Easter...

How are your emotions at the moment??

Wow..... all the best! Keep us posted. Sounds like we will be ships in the night lol x Some of the pre bariatric diets allow lean meat veg or salad... but Lutons is different. Very confusing lol... but I guess we just have to trust the experts lol. Hopefully wont affect the liver shrinkage, Im sure will be fine as it will be another week since Easter... How are your emotions at the moment??

I will do hun, and you! I know one in and one out lol i think we're all like that at the minute. Fatblokes in today, me Monday, you weds and then sundowners and Bedford. Yeah was very small amount, I looked it up and it's fine luckily lol!! Ive been in milk diet on off over last few months, christmas, Valentine's, Mother's Day, Easter lol! I snapped ha ha xx
My emotionals are very up and down I'm trying to be productive and keeping busy, I have the energy of a slug and I'm one second I'm over the moon then doubt creeps in and then I'm extremely irritable.
I keep thinking do I really need this? What if I alter my diet long term like I have been? What if I just try once more? Then reality clicks in and says "hey in over 10 years you've never stuck to a diet you've waited so long for this!! Man up and get it done!".
I also have the fat girl inside me saying "no more chocolate cake? No more carbonara? No more macdonalds?" But I know I have to remind myself that the brief satisfaction I got from food was always followed by guilt, soul wrenching, hating myself, depressive and explosive hate for myself. I'm in such a good place now and this is my way forward!!

Sorry for the rant xx

Hi sue how's it going with phase 3 today? I've had a mushed up weetabix this morning with milk took me almost an hour to eat it but was nice so different thank god lol I'm a bit unsure about what else to have can see myself living on weetabix lol xx

Hi Toni, i cooked some minced cjicken and vegetables in a slow cooker and liquidised then into what looked like baby food, it was yummy though, havent tried weetabix yet but could probably only manage a half one, will try them in a day or so, am introducing things slowly.

Toni and Sue -Sounds like your both recovering well... keep us posted on ur progress. How is weight loss going??

Claudia- my emotions are like that... and I keep thinking milk diet is going so well I could manage alone... but reality is not so straight forward.. long term I need this. I guess thats why we are all having surgery as our mindset is better but still need that support to get to the end result .... AND stay there.... :)

Toni and Sue -Sounds like your both recovering well... keep us posted on ur progress. How is weight loss going?? Claudia- my emotions are like that... and I keep thinking milk diet is going so well I could manage alone... but reality is not so straight forward.. long term I need this. I guess thats why we are all having surgery as our mindset is better but still need that support to get to the end result .... AND stay there.... :)

Well I have made some great friends on here, everyone's lovely and very supportive. I know I need this for a lot of reasons ive had a few wobbles in the last two days but I would regret this for the rest of my life if I didn't go through with it xxx

Hi lulah, yeah all going well although I'm so unsure what to eat in this phase really struggling, I've lost just over a stone since the surgery which was just over 2 weeks ago so not bad and thankfully not as quick as I thought it would be but I don't think I'm eating or drinking enough to be honest. I'm still feeling faint everytime I have a shower but other than that all good really. When are you due to have your surgery? Or have you had it?

Sue that sounds yummy I think my mum is making lasagne for dinner tonight so is going to whizz me up some mince and a bit of mash to try I just hope it goes down ok and stays down xx

Claudia... you are very strong. You have been on a long journey now and although it is the beginning I am certain you will be absolutely fine. Keep us posted.

Toni - im in on Wednesday morning... :)

** Just sat and watched my hubby eat a wimpy whilst I had a latte.... yaaaawn.... lol

All the best for tomorrow Claudia - I'll be thinking of you. Haven't heard from Fatbloke yet - I bet they are keeping him in all weekend and signing him out tomorrow, you never know you might meet there after all.

I havent had any problems as yet, as long as its liquidised and not to thick you should be fine. I have lost 10 pounds so far but think i may of been eating to much, not had pain though, and not lightheaded at all, am feeling FAB

Back