• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone waiting at Whittington for bypass?

mine too. I think I would have been still waiting if I did not call, most of the time, every day! You are doing so great Meggie! I just cannot wait.

How long did you wait for the date (after being put on the waiting list)? I suppose you can't call for the surgery cancellations? did you have liver shrinking diet and how long for? sorry for bombarding you like this :))

I think I only waited about 5 days but it was just before Xmas so I think they were trying to get things sorted. You could call Monica in a couple of days and make sure your paperwork is being sorted. Keep on top of it!!!

I had the liver shrinking diet for a month. It was hard but worth it as I lost 16 pounds and felt more prepared for the post-op part because of it!

Ask away hun!! I'm sure you're as giddy as I was!!!

I did the food diet as I don't think I could've stuck to a month of milk!!! Be very careful of your portions and plan it well!!!!

Will PM you her number now. She is head of appointments.

Thank you Meggie!

I have spoken to Monica and she arranged appointment for me to see the nurse in November. Do you think that I should try and get earlier cancellation? I have also emailed Kirsten and hope that she will reply soon. any other advice? Can you tell me what happens now, once you are on the list etc. how many appointments and who with do you need to have before op? Thanks again for all your help!

I have spoken to Monica and she arranged appointment for me to see the nurse in November. Do you think that I should try and get earlier cancellation? I have also emailed Kirsten and hope that she will reply soon. any other advice? Can you tell me what happens now, once you are on the list etc. how many appointments and who with do you need to have before op? Thanks again for all your help!

That is freaky!! I was just thinking about you and wondering whether you had called her!!

Generally they book in the nurse appointment about a month before your op (though don't quote me on it!!) so they may not have any available spaces until December. However, it is worth saying you're available at short notice if a cancellation comes up. There's no point in them giving you the nurse appointment if you still won't get your op til December as they do your bloods etc then.

Hmmmmmmmm I can't remember what happened. After your last appointment with Sufi, as long as all of your results etc are in then its just the Nurse appointment I think. You talk to her about the op briefly and sign the contract. Then you have your blood gases done which hurts a bit but not as much as some people say!! I think I had an ECG then got weighed and stuff. There was something else but I can't remember!!!

Have you had all of your tests/results??

Wow! yes, I had all tests and all OK. I did say to Monica that I am willing and available for cancellations. so I just have to wait now! Thanks again Maria

Thats good. I'd maybe leave it til Monday then just call Monica and see if she can tell you when your op will be. Explain you have lots of things you need to organise first. Hopefully she will be able to give you some sort of indication. She was lovely on the phone when I called. Very helpful!!!

Hi and congrats on ur funding. once ur on the list u should have ur op within a 18 wek period but its very hit and miss when it comes to Nov/dec time.
I was put on the lost in Nov and had my op in March and i was with Sufi.
The Whitt do not do a milk diet they only do the low carb one or slimfast diet.

Yes Meggie is right u have ur pre med app a month b4 ur op, and have all the relevant pre op tests to make sure ur fit n healthy for the op.
Monica is def the one who can help you, she has 3 lists one is the urgent list for people who are being expedited for what ever reason then the other one is for peeps who have have got everything in place and can take their op on a last min cancellation date, but for that you have to have been on the pre op for a min of at least 3 weeks, and u dont start the pre op diet till u have had ur pre op assesment.

What borough are u in, and has it taken u a long time from the start to get on the list, i know the Whit are so busy now compared to last year when i was waiting for my op.
Take care and good luck luv Roch xx

Hi Roch I can't believe how much weight you have already lost!!!

I am under Camden and was referred in Feb this year. I would have waited longer but I kept calling for cancellations and mostly got lucky. I have now appointment to see the nurse beg of November. I think you just need to keep at it.
Wish you well!

Hi Hun, iv had my last appointment with Mr Sufi & about 1 week after Monica called me to arrange a nurse pre-assessment which I have on 7th December.
Monica told me as long as I pass my test which are to make sure your fit n well for surgery she will give me my date for my surgery on this day.
Also she said the op will be about 4 weeks from the day of pre assessment.
I am very excited but equally as nervous!
I do hope to hear from you with your own good news.
Hugs xxx

Yippy!!!

Well done you! I have had pre assessment app. booked for the 4th Nov but Lorna called to cancel it as I was supposed to have some counselling. They have apparently discussed my case on Monday and I will know next week what's happening. I am excited and ready (i think). I was hoping to have it done before Christmas as I have been offered a job from January which I have accepted- it would look awful if I was to start and than go off on sick leave...but will have to wait and see.

Thanks for your messages and speak soon! xxx

Back