• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Arrrrrgh!

Big an Bouncy

:cry:What the hell is going on with all the snipeing,grow up girls and lets get back to basics of helping each other.If it stays like this much longer, I for one am off! Im 55 years old and the *****ing is getting on my nerves!Maz x:copon:

agreed x

it wont let me rep ya Maz :( x x x

hugs to ya i agree to many kiddy winkies on here i could name a few but i wont x

I said something similar in another thread just a few days ago - the childish comments really should've been left in the playground a long time ago. We should all be supporting and encouraging no matter what surgery we're having or have had and respecting each others opinion whether we agree with them or not. I don't want to go all 60s on everyone BUT can't we just love each other? Sorry... no more LSD for me (only joking) x

I wish it would stop too :-( we went through a horrid period a couple of years ago with lots of blitching and back stabbing and bullying and it was so horrid and caused us to lose a lot of members. I hated it and it really affected me. I was so upset last week to read that there was a feeling that this site was band negative and now it just seems to be growing and growing and dividing people.

Personally, if I see a thread which has turned horrid, I don't reply to it even if there is something I would like to say.

One site feature I discovered last time we had this, is the ability to 'ignore' any individual member. So if one member is being repeatedly offensive or argumentative, I put them on my ignore list, and 'poof' their posts vanish :) I'm nit saying that I think any particular member is being offensive etc, just pointing out this feature. No-one except you knows who you have set to ignore. And for a long time, my ignore list has been empty. I really hope I can keep it this way.

So generally, if an attitude or behaviour is annoying you, then be the grown up - ignore it, and lead by example. Be supportive, caring and friendly, all the characteristics that each of you has shown and that has made this site grow and develop and become a haven for so many of us x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I agree with whats been said about sniping going on in the background and how unpleasant it is.....I dont think any of us want to come here and feel that there is an atmosphere. I hate it when theres bad feeling and Im sure most people feel the same and like Maz Im too old for this &%$£! (not as old as Maz though...lets get that clear!) ;) I have never been aware of any "band bashing" but maybe thats because Im a bypasser and it doesnt personally affect me? I dont really know but what I do know is none of the surgical options are without its problems and I dont care what surgery anyone has had if I can help or support any of you Im always happy to do it :D
Thats my two-penneth, just to re-cap if I put Maz on ignore she wont know about it Shell? ........just kidding me little Liverpool lass :D XX

How do you ignore someone?Jac I might be older than you but,but,er...well Im wiser!Might of been round the block a few times but still life in the old dog yet!Grrrowl! lol Maz x

Oo. I am so happy to find that there are other people on here who are no longer in their 40's ( I've just turned 50) as I thought I was the oldest on here. Worried in fact that I might be too bl***** old to have surgery as everyone seems to be younger.
I agree I can't be doing with any hastle at my age and since I've turned 50 do feel more like speaking my mind and being less diplomatic. I'm definatley more grumpy too LOL!
I do hope cordial relations return soon. However, I must be going mad as there was,I'm sure a thread on here earlier from Kevin, with a link to an article. Just come back to get the link to check the info ( I'm pre-op and read everything I can about all sorts of surgery as there's still time to change my mind) and I can't find it. I answered the post but can't find it now. Not wanting to stir-just want to read the info in article. Have looked in News and it's not there. Not in Banders bit either. Surely not removed???

So generally, if an attitude or behaviour is annoying you, then be the grown up - ignore it, and lead by example.

Well said xxx

Big an Bouncy said:
How do you ignore someone?Jac I might be older than you but,but,er...well Im wiser!Might of been round the block a few times but still life in the old dog yet!Grrrowl! lol Maz x

User CP, then edit ignore list in the left hand menu column.

Hth x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Oo. I am so happy to find that there are other people on here who are no longer in their 40's ( I've just turned 50) as I thought I was the oldest on here. Worried in fact that I might be too bl***** old to have surgery as everyone seems to be younger.
I agree I can't be doing with any hastle at my age and since I've turned 50 do feel more like speaking my mind and being less diplomatic. I'm definatley more grumpy too LOL!
I do hope cordial relations return soon. However, I must be going mad as there was,I'm sure a thread on here earlier from Kevin, with a link to an article. Just come back to get the link to check the info ( I'm pre-op and read everything I can about all sorts of surgery as there's still time to change my mind) and I can't find it. I answered the post but can't find it now. Not wanting to stir-just want to read the info in article. Have looked in News and it's not there. Not in Banders bit either. Surely not removed???

I turned 50 last year and WLS is fantastic! No, you're no too old. Go for it!

I'm 51 next month but since losing 6 stones + I feel at least10 years younger!

Ahem....I don't know how I missed all the sniping, but I'm glad I have. I want to be supportive to every one and some banders (especially Neen) have been very very kind and supportive to me. What on earth difference does it make which surgery we've had? For goodness' sake, let's be nice to each other!

Grace xxx

like you grace, i seemed to have missed the griping, but thats not unnusual for me, i must wear blinkers or summat, lol. does it really matter what kind of wls we've had, we're all here for the same reason, to lose weight, and gain happiness and confidence, whilst at the same time giving and getting help, support and understanding. well thats how i see it anyway.
miss tickle, i think if you go to cp at the top, there is a 'subscribed thread' thingy, if youve actually put a post on that thread of kevins, it should be there i think, worth a try anyway.
maz and dotty, dont you two dare ignore each other, it would be too quiet without our very own little 'ant & dec'.
big hugs to everyone xxx

Just spreading some love and wanting to say that I'm always here for anyone and everyone who ever needs a hug... as I've always been and always hope to be.

We are all here with a common interest in WLS and it makes no difference to me what sort of WLS anyone may choose to have, it's choice and a huge commitment for everyone.

A lot of hard work has gone into building this website and it's been a God send to me through my WLS.

I've always said the forum embraces 'Everyone, no exceptions' and many of my close friends on here are banders and I value and respect everyone...

I'm not in a position to answer questions of a technical nature on that particular area, but I've always tried to share some love and always will, so it's about the ''Forum Uniting'' and moving forward that matters.

There are a lot of people unwell, pending or post surgery, I've just had a poorly day and really don't need stress when I log on here to share some love and hope we are moving onwards and upwards.

All individuals are Angels in my eyes and particularly Neen, you and I have shared a lot of love and I'd like to think that we always will...

I'm sure we will win through.

Sharing love to everyone, thoughts and can we please have a 'United approach'... and carry the tremendous support we have always shared forward....

Love you all, never any exceptions xxx

Its all right Liz I rep'd maz for ya (It won't let me rep Bev no more says I need to spread it around LOL

Its all right Liz I rep'd maz for ya (It won't let me rep Bev no more says I need to spread it around LOL

:p thanks hunn....... much appeciated x

Reactions: Bev
Thought it was me - not griping - but getting fed up with it!!

Back to if you can't say anything nice don't say owt at all I suppose!!

I'll put it down to my age (53) - maybe I'm just touchy!!

Hugs all round

xx

Hope you are ok Angela, I miss seeing you, and so many others that don't post these days.

Always at your side Angel. xxx

Best thing to do is ignore it. Starting more threads about it just exacerbates the situation really, even though I'm sure that's not the intention. Same with all these attention seeking ''i'm leaving'' threads, which I never respond to.

I find it hard to understand why people on this site are judging each other. We are all here for one reason and that is to lose weight, we all know what it is to be judged and sniped at by other people so I find it truly upsetting that some people carry it on in such a fab site like this. Most people who use this site are the most wonderful, kind and caring people who have an understanding of what it is like to be so overweight. They offer encouragement and understanding when times are hard and really help you through difficult times. All i can say is that I appreciate all the comments that i have received and I for one thank you all. xx

Back