• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At last I have a date

gill147

I'm in total shock, just by chance I rang the hospital only to be told that they had been trying to get in touch with me. They had posted a letter out to me today telling me I've been booked in for the sleeve on 5th May (there must be some bells ringing somewhere - its taken me 2 years to get here). I'm so happy, but nervous. Tomorrow I'm going to start the milk diet. What if I'd never rang them. I'm going to eat kentucky for me last supper. Anyone else got surgery planned for may?

good luck with your op
i had low carb diet instead of milk diet, still very hard but more tolerable,
why did you choose the sleeve?

What fantastic news! Very well done !

It feels great, yay! I have also been waiting 2years and am having my gastric bypass on the 2nd May. All the best for the LSD, it's not that bad. On day 6 and have loads of energy and I've lost 3.8kg (8.3lb).

Thanks everyone. It was fate that I rang, if I hadn't I might not of had a letter from them until monday. I decided to do the milk diet as I might as well go cold turkey from now and its nice and easy to get hold of milk.

Thanks Leelin, good luck to you too. When you wait so long for something its hard to believe when it finally comes around. What LSD are you doing?

Thanks Consie I originally wanted the band but after speaking with the surgeon I decided to go for the sleeve. What did you have - have you had your surgery yet?

Thanks Leelin, good luck to you too. When you wait so long for something its hard to believe when it finally comes around. What LSD are you doing?

The first pre-op diet I was given had 4 options. And I can choose one option each day. So I'm alternating them. I choose a different option each day so I don't get tired of one. I was given another pre-op diet today at the pre-op assessment and it had a 5th option of protein shakes but I think I might skip that one out for now. My favourite options are the 5 pints of milk and the soup and yoghurt ones. The food is my least favourite as I felt so hungry the whole day and had a major headache.

I found out today I will be a May girl also - May 20th I am having my sleeve - it's a nice shock :)

As I'm typing this I know it sounds stupid, but I feel like I haven't been able to say goodbye to food or mentally get my head in the right place for 2 weeks of milk. I rang up the thurs afternoon and the next day I'm starting my pre-op diet. Food has always been there for me emotionally and everything else and I really miss it. Someone please tell me to stop being so stupid!

Not stupid at all.

Unless we both are. Food has been my crutch. It's there for celebrations. For the bad days. For the parties and for the times I couldn't cope. It's endless.

Sadly food waited till we were hooked and then it became toxic. The friend that's lovely whilst secretly plotting to be our downfall.

It's tough to recognise and realise this will not have to stop.

I think we are not alone. Some go through this and don't manage to conquer food and significant regain happens - which is why we have to kick it now!

I am trying to and so are you. Good luck x

Hi Debs Your right of course. I guess we have to learn to realise that food is not our friend. Thanks for taking the time to reply and making me realise that this is just part of the process. Its a struggle I hope with surgery will get easier. On the plus side I'm trying to keep busy and my house has never been cleaner!

I'm getting sleeved on the 7th of May ! Good luck ! Xx

This is the plea for help. Has anyone out there got any idea what I can do about my bad breath. I'm on day 3 of liquid diet and it is bad. I've got work tomorrow and I'm dreading it I need a surgical mask! I can't drink more as I can only go to toilet at certain times in the day. I do lots of talking at work especially to children and we all know that they can be honest. Is toothpaste allowed on the liquid diet because I'll be swallowing half a tube tomorrow. Any ideas appreciated

Back