• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At last I have a date

You could ask your dietician about sugar free mints. Alternatively a mouthwash?
Good luck either way.

Last edited:
Thanks Weegie and Lookingforabetterme.

My emotions are all over the place. One minute I'm euphoric and can't wAit for op tomorrow, next I want to cry and I'm looking at all that can go wrong. On the whole I know it's the right thing to do I'm just so nervous. Reading all the posts on here does help calm me down a bit.

Hi Gill,

Try keep calm. As I was walking down to theatre - my nurse asked how I was feeling and I said surprisingly calm. She said that was good because the calmer you are going into surgery the better when you wake up in recovery. When I was waking up i was shaking uncontrollably which they said was normal, but I kept thinking keep calm just keep calm this will soon stop. The recovery team said I was the best patient that day. Just remember that these are medical professionals and they know what they are doing. They will do everything they can to keep you safe. I wish you all the best for your op.

Xx
Lee

Best of luck for tomorrow Gill. Hope all goes smoothly.

Wishing you the very best of luck for tomorrow. Look forward to reading your update :)

I had op yesterday. I'm still feeling sickly and sore I'm going to find out if I have to stay another night later. Any who thinks surgery is the quick and easy route is def wrong!

Hi Gil,
Welcome to the other side. Hope all went well and you feel better soon.

I had op yesterday. I'm still feeling sickly and sore I'm going to find out if I have to stay another night later. Any who thinks surgery is the quick and easy route is def wrong!

Congratulations on having your op and now being post op! I hope you start feeling better and are able to get home today. Keep us posted! x

Morning Gill I am hoping you've woken in less discomfort. Day 2 post op. I am sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery. My op looms, take care xx

I was discharged today. I had to stay an extra day as my potassium levels were low so I had to to do 6 hours on a drip. The operation went well and I'm looking forward now to loosing weight. I just felt so weak after the op and didn't have any energy, but I now know that was probably due to my potassium levels. I don't feel hungry at all so I'm hoping that feeling lasts!!

Hope you recover quickly. Take it easy and well done :)

Back