• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August Club

Evenstarr

Im having my op on the 20th august at Thornbury hospital in Sheffield.
I know there's quite a few of us getting our ops in August so I thought I'd start a thread where we can keep each other up to date with our progress etc.
Em x

Evenstarr

Do you have a goal weight Lubilu?
I'm not so bothered about the weight as I am the dress size, I'd love to be a size 12 again and get in normal size 6 shoes too!

amanda577

August 9th for me at the royal bournemouth hospital.....

LubiLu

Ideally around 12st, but to be honest I would love to be a size 16. I know some people would say that is still pretty big, but at my heaviest I was a size 36. I'm now about a 28.

Evenstarr

Hi Amanda!
Wow Lubilu, I've just noticed how much weight you've already lost! Congrats on that.

LubiLu

I lost 5.5st cutting out carbs, then 2.5st with the balloon, which was just awful. So this surgery coming up, can't be any worse. I still have loads to lose.

Evenstarr

So have I, I'm really trying to get my head ready for the lifestyle change having the bypass is going to mean to me!
My 10 year old daughter only ever remembers me as fat so I really want this to work so that I do more active things with her.

LubiLu

I know what you mean. I've already lost 8st, but because I was so bvig to begin with, hardly anyone has noticed. Hopefully by Christmas or better still, next summer, there will be a massive difference. I can't wait.

Evenstarr

8stone is a massive achievement !
Wow, well done and just think how amazing you'll feel next year when you've lost even more.
I can't wait to go on holiday and not be the fattest bird around the pool!

hails80

Found it! Although i feel like a bit of a fraud, my surgery is on the 1st sept! My 4 weeks to go was for when I start my pre-pp diet!!

hails80

Lubilu you have done so well! Wait till next summer when we can all go out and get our nice summer clothing :)

dimond

I'm the 13th August at Darlington hospital. Like you em I'm not bothered about weight I just want to be a comfortable size 12. Wow lubilu you have done soooo well. How amazing are you :) good luck to everyone and please keep intouch xxxx

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
i wish i was in the 'august' club :( i will have to make do with being in the 'see you in the pub on wednesday' club instead :)

Evenstarr

i wish i was in the 'august' club :( i will have to make do with being in the 'see you in the pub on wednesday' club instead :)

Aaaw *hugs* it won't be long for you lovely :)
And I'm very much looking forward to seeing you in the pub on wednesday
Em xxxxx

yviec1972

playing the waiting game
everyone on here will think we drink beer. i may go for it and ask for some lemon in my diet coke this time. i know how to live on the edge :)

Evenstarr

Haha I was thinking I might go for something a bit stronger too.....like a black coffee ;)

dimond

Won't be long for you yveic and you can still be in our club! Keep us posted on your progress xxx

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
3 aug for me, being banded at Dolan Park with THG

Nickynoodles

Hi all :)

Count me in the August Club, my date is 17th August, so not started pre-op diet just yet ...

Nicky xx