• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad habits creeping back

elizaxx

I'm around the five month mark from gastric sleeve, and I can feel some of the bad habits coming back in. I'm nowhere near as bad as before, my but sweet tooth has definitely return with a vengeance! and I'm not always making the best choices, any tips on keeping the cravings at bay and getting back into better habits?

I've not banned anything and find 4 squares of no added sugar dark chocolate (54 calories) often does the trick for me. Also writing everything down makes me accountable so occasionally I do stop myself if I think actually I've already had something sweet today. Not feeling guilty has also helped a huge amount too because I don't fall down that rabbit hole of self recriminations and eating more then feeling worse and repeat. I'm not sure that's any use sorry x

Last edited:
At least you recognise that bad habits are creeping it's way in so you can either let it be or do something about, easy said than done I hear you say but it's true at least it is for me but like you also said you can't eat the amount you did before so I try really hard to beat myself up when my demons come along I listen to my " inner me" and not go too mad
Wish I couldhelp more better still come on here when you need to chase the demons away as been on hear forcesyou to think about something else other than food!

Thank you both, that is very helpful. I'm still in the mode where I feel guilty after any treat, but if I really think about it, the three biscuits I had yesterday would have been the whole packet five months ago, I just get so worried about it being a slippery slope. And Feebee, I think getting in a pattern of writing food down is a good idea, I was always doing it at the start, but that has slipped recently.

Back