• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band no 2 fill no 2

I am so looking forward to seeing how much difference mine makes on Monday...appointment is at 3.45pm.

So when can I have something to eat before hand?

hi caz my fill last thursday was 3.10 i actually had the fill 3.45 i had lunch as normal at 12 o clock and was fine.
good luck on monday !

liz x

I guess without xray they can't tell what you ate...;)

i had a xray fill i always eat luch b4 a fill.

safe foods

ive never had a blind fill yet, blind fills, scare me ! as i not had a blind fill yet in 4 years.

i had a xray fill i always eat luch b4 a fill.

safe foods

ive never had a blind fill yet, blind fills, scare me ! as i not had a blind fill yet in 4 years.

iv only ever had them iv never had an xray i cant imagine having to do that each time lol
i always eat a good lunch day of a fill as i hate being on liquids in the evening and i know once i had it im gona be tighter

Hi

That all sounds really postive - I'm pleased Liz that you've got the restriction you want.

I had my first fill last Saturday. He said my band is 10-12ml and he put 6ml in. For the 1st 3-4 days it was great and I was full after a small yoghurt and could feel it gurgling inside. That made me feel great and really in control. Yesterday though I started to feel a bit disillusioned. I went to a wedding and had a night away. I quite easily ate a cooked breakfast and 4 course meal in the evening. I couldn't have eaten more but certainly didn't push it. Is this normal? I think I may ring up the dietician tomorrow and see if I can get more put in my band. I'm worried though this is a bit OTT after only a week. What do you think?

Thank you

Hi

That all sounds really postive - I'm pleased Liz that you've got the restriction you want.

I had my first fill last Saturday. He said my band is 10-12ml and he put 6ml in. For the 1st 3-4 days it was great and I was full after a small yoghurt and could feel it gurgling inside. That made me feel great and really in control. Yesterday though I started to feel a bit disillusioned. I went to a wedding and had a night away. I quite easily ate a cooked breakfast and 4 course meal in the evening. I couldn't have eaten more but certainly didn't push it. Is this normal? I think I may ring up the dietician tomorrow and see if I can get more put in my band. I'm worried though this is a bit OTT after only a week. What do you think?

Thank you

dont worry hun it was your first fill you may need alot more befor your in the sweet spot iv had 3 so far and still not there yet it does get tighter with each one make the most of being able to eat bread you will know your getting tighter/nearer restriction when you cant just keep positive

Thank you for your advice.

Do you think I should just be patient and wait a few more weeks for next app't?

It just seemed so weird how the restriction was lost so quickly. Before the wedding I felt a bit anxious about people thinking I was rude for leaving most of my food. No chance though - I could have eaten seconds!

Its great that you have a good restriction Liz. Long may it last. I am waiting for my 2nd fill now because (except bread and rice) I can eat quite a lot. Im hoping the next one will restrict me more when I get it. Take Care R x

:):bliss:WOO HOOO 6 llbs gone its been 9 days since my fill im over the moon

:):bliss:WOO HOOO 6 llbs gone its been 9 days since my fill im over the moon
Well done you. Can i ask how much you now have in your band? i have booked for another fill for two weeks time as i seem to have hit a plateau which i am getting down hearted about. I have a 10cc band and am at present up to 5mil and even though i have restriction the weight seems to have come to a standstill, so not sure whether i have hit the sweet spot or not, i know that we are all different and some need more restriction than others but would be grateful on your thoughts. julie

Well done you. Can i ask how much you now have in your band? i have booked for another fill for two weeks time as i seem to have hit a plateau which i am getting down hearted about. I have a 10cc band and am at present up to 5mil and even though i have restriction the weight seems to have come to a standstill, so not sure whether i have hit the sweet spot or not, i know that we are all different and some need more restriction than others but would be grateful on your thoughts. julie

hi julie, i have 4 mil in a 7 mil band and its quite tight, the band can take a few fills to get to the sweetspot, everyones own sweet spot can be a different perspective to anothers.
before this new fill i hadnt lost for a while and the band just needed fine tuned with the fill, i had naturally lost half a mil also when they drew back on the needle, this may be whats happened to you also and its quite common to loose some of the fill. your next fill may be all you need to kick start the weight loss again, as its worked great for me this time.

Do you know what Liz it is so nice to read something good about the band lol. It has really cheered me up. Well done you.XXXX

Liz can you just tell me abit more on how you loose part of your fill juice and where does it go and how much of your fill can you loose that way?

Liz can you just tell me abit more on how you loose part of your fill juice and where does it go and how much of your fill can you loose that way?

it just naturally asperates, its like similar to evapourating thats the best way i can explain it, every time ive had a fill ive always lost between 1/2 a mil to 1 mil, its only saline and goes into the body and causes no harm. I always know when this has happened to me as the restriction level goes and i need more food to get the same level of satisfaction.

I had my second fill on 23rd February and it doesn't feel any different...:(

I have eaten far too much today.

I will give it another week, then called my surgeon's secretary and see if they can get me in to top it up again.

I am managing bread and apparently I shouldn't be able to.

thanx linda x

Back