• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band no 2 fill no 2

I had my second fill on 23rd February and it doesn't feel any different...:(

I have eaten far too much today.

I will give it another week, then called my surgeon's secretary and see if they can get me in to top it up again.

I am managing bread and apparently I shouldn't be able to.

caz your band is still way to slack, id seek another fill asap.

hi julie, i have 4 mil in a 7 mil band and its quite tight, the band can take a few fills to get to the sweetspot, everyones own sweet spot can be a different perspective to anothers.
before this new fill i hadnt lost for a while and the band just needed fine tuned with the fill, i had naturally lost half a mil also when they drew back on the needle, this may be whats happened to you also and its quite common to loose some of the fill. your next fill may be all you need to kick start the weight loss again, as its worked great for me this time.
Thanks for the advice liz, i think that i definately need a top up, just a little concerned that im still eating too quickly and have been sick on a number of occassions because food has got stuck, so i now have two weeks to knuckle down and try to start eating slower. julie

a little tip that works for me to slow my eating down is to put the knife & fork down between each mouthfull and do not pick them up again until the previous mouth full has been thoroughly chewed & swallowed, doing this has stopped me eating quickly and makes my meals more enjoyable, as if the foods put it quicker than it can pass through the band hole it has no where to go causing vomiting.

Welldone Liz on your weightloss, I'm glad the fill has improved your loss. Keep up the good work chucks. How much more would you like to lose? x

hi allie, plastics want me to loose between another 1.5 - 2 stone, they said my bmi is now 32 and they want it down to 28, they havent set me a time scale to do this which is good, ive just got to ring them when i reach there target, so i shall try my best to reach what they want me to achieve.

Nice one, should'nt take too long now your bands tighter. Good luck chucks. x

thanx allie xx how are u getting on since your op all ok hun ?

Yeah I'm good thanks Liz, I'm 2lbs off of losing 2 stone already, so I'm feeling pretty good. My pains almost gone and just feeling tired still. But very HAPPY! lol x

WOW nearly 2 stone thats fab hun ! well done you, im glad everythings going ok.

liz xxx

I've come to pick your brain again Liz! How long do they like you to go before you have each fill? I am private and will be paying for mine but didn't know if there was a set time limit?
Cheers:D

hi prinny, theres no set time limit, 4-6 weeks after the op is average for the 1st fill then as and when you feel you need them, private patients usually get restriction quicker but us nhs patients take longer because of the waiting lists for fills.

Ahhhhh righty thats cheered me up a bit. I have my xray on the 2nd and am going to see if i can pay for a fill (need to ring actually!) at the same time. I am desperate, still on liquids and have nooooooo restriction. It was okay for the first couple of days post op but am finding it very very hard now.
Approx how many calories per day would you say you are on then Liz if you dont mind me asking?

Ahhhhh righty thats cheered me up a bit. I have my xray on the 2nd and am going to see if i can pay for a fill (need to ring actually!) at the same time. I am desperate, still on liquids and have nooooooo restriction. It was okay for the first couple of days post op but am finding it very very hard now.
Approx how many calories per day would you say you are on then Liz if you dont mind me asking?

hi prinny, if your still on liquids you wont be able to tell if any restriction is there yet, you may find once you resume normal eating that slight restriction maybe there as some surgeons do give a small fill during the band op, that was my experience with both my bands, it will take some time to get a good level or restriction as building you up to that is a slow process mostly for your own saftey.
i dont calory count since my banding as for me that would be like any other diet ive tried in the past and they have all failed me, i can give you my average food intake in 24 hrs.
today i had 1 coffee and a ciggy lol when my son went to school, then an hour after 1 yoghurt, for lunch 1 jacket potatoe tennis ball sized with 1/2 a can of baked beans and a light sprinkle of cheese, i felt full half way through that meal so i stopped eating and threw the remainder away (i do this because i would of went back to it if i hadnt binned it) for tea i had 1 tin of tomato soup in a mug, as it deters me that way of having or wanting bread with it like i used to do.
so thats my average daily intake at present but its took alot to get to this stage as my food portion/food intake was alot more before the fills was fine tuned.

liz xx

Thanks Liz. Wow you don't have much during the day then do you? That would have been snacks for me before lol. I have been doing a healthy living course (via the local authority) and at the moment it is all about portion sizes, and your spud with filling is spot on what you should be having. Again I had to laugh cause previously I would have had two spuds and half a block of cheese. Do you feel healthier than before? and do you ever feel really really hungry still? How do you feel if you go over the top and pig out a bit? Sorry twenty questions again but it's getting nearer to fill time for me!

Thanks Liz. Wow you don't have much during the day then do you? That would have been snacks for me before lol. I have been doing a healthy living course (via the local authority) and at the moment it is all about portion sizes, and your spud with filling is spot on what you should be having. Again I had to laugh cause previously I would have had two spuds and half a block of cheese. Do you feel healthier than before? and do you ever feel really really hungry still? How do you feel if you go over the top and pig out a bit? Sorry twenty questions again but it's getting nearer to fill time for me!

yes i feel much healthier and happier, i do still feel hungry as before thats not changed but the quantities of food has changed, if i go over the top past the full feeling then simply i will vomit, i cant physically pig out on a large meal now.

Thats good to know about the sick, in a gross kind of way! I could eat and eat and it never seemed to touch the sides. Hopefully when I get a restriction like yours I will also feel sick after an attempt at pigging oink oink lol. It's gotta be said though I hate feeling hungry:(

Liz I hope you don't mind me asking but have you had a tummy tuck as well? I didn't know if I was imagining that I had read it? If you have I have got loads of questions if you don't want to answer them pretend you haven't had one done lol.

yes i had a t/tuck in may 2007, i seen plastics last week regarding further work to my upper tummy and my hips my bmi is now 32, he would like it down to 28 before any further work, my b4 and after pics is in the plastic surgery section of the forum.

If I ever loose enough weight to have a tuck done you might want to hide, as I will be picking your brains even more lol.

thats ok, if i can help i dont mind.

Back