• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BandedHuns Mad Fat Diary

Isn't it just!

Right I'm done with it . Had my rant . Just did my CBT and looked at what I have in my life and it's simple. Nice little house. No debts. Good career. Nice cars. My daughter and OH. It's simple and enjoyable - drama free ( other than my ex landlords) life's on the up. I'm looking better, feeling better. No one will rain on my parade. Certainly not those who mean sweet FA.

On with the day and a nice cookies and cream protein shake :-D

Feel tight when I swallow. But I'm hoping once I calm down it will settle

Have a great day everyone

The sun has got it's hat on in Essex
thats the spirit hunni :) stuff em all x x x

Couldn't agree more! Think of the positives. I have 3 children whom i love, adore & cherish. I have a partner who is perfect for me, I have a home i love, my own business which gives me satisfaction in my work & the work / life balance i need & no1 tells me what to do. I have few friends but the friends i have around regularly support me & help make life more enjoyable. I'm doing something positive to extend my life, help me enjoy my young children & be more healthy. What more could I want? Stuff all the pathetic jealous, self obsessed people! We don't need need them bringing us down!
Stay strong Hun & your goals will (& are) be achieved. I have every faith in you!
Hear hear Emma x x x

Ok do today I'm 12.3lb. After stalling weight loss for 11 days it randomly starts coming off. The weight loss is taking it's toll as in the over restriction as I tried desperately to run this morning.... Got 1 mile.. Yes one mile in aNd I couldn't breathe - in pain and had no energy in my legs I ended up only barely just managing 2.4 miles .... In 29 minutes. 29 minutes for 2.4 miles - so bad, it's awful coz I feel so lethargic and my running has suffered so badly with the band. I definitely will defer my London marathon place this year if I get chosen. There's no way I'd complete it. I'd love to run the whole thing and this band has meant there's no way I could do it in 2015.
Never mind. It's great to nearly be in the 11s. Wow chuffed to bits.
Off to see inbetweeners tonight seeing as I'm feeling a tad better.

Just had grilled courgette and mushrooms with extra light cream cheese for lunch... Hummmm this plate (see attached) ... I managed 3 forks of it :-( it's only 124kcal in total anyway ( but soooo yummy)

That plates a side plate for toast not a full dinner plate

Attachments

• image-3517677444.jpg
    image-3517677444.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 63
I honestly thought WLS could cure it ... It doesn't come near, it is all will power.

You could cheat any of the surgery id you were stupid enough and blame the tool. Fact is a milkshakes go down great! I'd never bloody eat them before! Just coz it's easy ... Certainly isn't right.

I've been reading through from the beginning amazing to see what you've been going through.

When you said the above of course the questions in my mind which you may have posted about so excuse me if I missed it.

Do you think you could have done it alone?
Was it worth everything you've been through?
Has it been how you expected?
Has your opinion changed.since you wrote this or do you feel the same?

Thank you for sharing your journey.

Can I ask what you eat in a typical day ? Xx

Right nikola my days at present with this over restriction are

9am water

9:30 Whey protein shake

1130 cup of tea and 1 biscuit

1pm (depends on how tight I'm feeling) - courgette and mush soft cheese lunch -
Or couple mouthfuls of canned /pack softer pasta ( mug shot)

4pm Danio protein yoghurt

6-8pm dinner chicken or pork dinner on a side plate with potato veg and sauce of which I eat about 3-6 teaspoons / tablespoons on good days

Then I might have one or two square of chocolate ( if I fancy it)

I average 700kcals :-( I know it's not good enough but my next appointment isn't till 19/08:-(

I always complete 8000-20000 steps per day too

What's your day like?

Xx

I've been reading through from the beginning amazing to see what you've been going through. When you said the above of course the questions in my mind which you may have posted about so excuse me if I missed it. Do you think you could have done it alone? Was it worth everything you've been through? Has it been how you expected? Has your opinion changed.since you wrote this or do you feel the same? Thank you for sharing your journey.

Singer mo

Right I'll try answer these best I can.... Here goes ...

I've been able to diet for maximum 6 months proper strict over exercising , WW plan or slimming world and been so strict I won't eat anywhere but home- so no meals out no chocolate. I e done that since 18 years old and by Xmas I've put all 5st back on and more. Then new year started and if do it all again, I can't maintain weight loss at all. Do I think I could do it alone? In maintenance sense - NO 100% this band has been the best thing, I have portion control now.

Is it worth everything I've been thru? At present over restriction is not a nice feeling at all, makes me feel miserable. I can't enjoy good as much but every day I preserver. I'm not a quitter. Do every day I try again - gosh Monday this week I consumed 1700kcal then lost 3.5lb! How does that work. I miss my running but not enough that I'm not loving the fact I hardly have to exercise to loose this amount of weight in such short time. Currently 3st11lb since 26th march and I promise you I've had a biscuit or chocolate every day ( bar fill days when I'm on liquids) so I have a mcdonalds frappe usually instead. The stress I'm expericing in my life at present and career change etc has made it difficult, and the fact NO ONE bar my OH knows is SO hard. Stress really does impact on the band massively, like flying, this is why I think I'm suffering so much as the month goes on nearer to my next fill... ( which I will ask to be de filled) it's worth it. It's worth every day I don't regret it. I'm just sad my other half suffers so much with his weight and I can't make it better for him too.

Has it been what I expected? At first I was so scared I'd wasted my life savings, I wanted to eat I craved and ate all the wrong things but as each month and each fill went in it got better and this time at summer I didn't think if be wearing best tops and 14 shorts and my diesel jeans again.... So it's exceeded my expectations at present, also the provider I'm with have been very good, I feel safe in their care, I know a lot of people have ended up with companies that have liquidized ... How awful.

Have I changed opinion? Well I bit I guess because WLS you have to have the will power to realise u can still eat all the crap with a band, chocolate , milkshakes slide down lovely. But you gotta keep up having the good crunchy foods. The band is great that the one thing I never really feel is hungry... It's literally the habit of eating you have to train yourself to stop doing. That need to put something in your mouth, or just coz your at the shops or coffee shop u eat at the same time, once I conquered that I was well away and the weight has not stopped coming off.

My story is typical of YoYo dieters. That's what I was and despite being over weight I could carry it off - ( I saw myself at the zoo the other day and I still felt huge) I still need to be 11st10 to be not over weight. But I still feel but because so un toned.

I hope this helps your decision.

Could I ask what your considering ?

Xxx

This photo is from when I just had my band done.

It upset me so much ( excuse the gesture I was doing it to my OH as he took a picture of me I didn't want) :-(

Attachments

• image-3832248579.jpg
    image-3832248579.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 73
Wow thank you.
I'm similar with the yo-yo madness.
I'm not worried about losing the weight it's definitely the keeping it off that will show me if I has been worth it.

I think the band is the one for me.

Companies liquidating is a new worry. I'm consulting with THG and Healthier Weight which have long track records, I suppose.
:-S

I worry for my mum and sister as we have all struggled with our weight and I will suddenly be getting an advantage.

THG is who I'm with and faultless really . ESP the Dietican and nurses after Dolan park. Either or are great companies

This is me now at 12.3

Attachments

• image-596730191.jpg
    image-596730191.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 64
THG is who I'm with and faultless really . ESP the Dietican and nurses after Dolan park. Either or are great companies

This is me now at 12.3

Thanks phew it's a steep learning curve and I thought I already knew so much... Wrong

I have to say you were pretty back then even with the gesture and you're gorge now. You're one of those blondes I automatically hate for some unknown reason ;-)
I'll try to get past it.

Lol bless. I'm
So damaged... I don't see myself like that. I'm tall f5:10 so my weights higher all the time,

If you LOVE your food and eat big portions rather than a typical grazer the band will be fab ... Trust me. But like I was discussing with Leedsburr you have to do it slow too quick and your heads still in I wanna eat mode. U will hit a depressed moment too where u stall and u feel hunger but STICK with it.... Any questions concerns etc please ask I'm still such a baby bander but I can't see how I'll put on weight if my restriction stays this tight. Which I'm Assuming happens. Only time will tell ;-D

Lol bless. I'm
So damaged... I don't see myself like that. I'm tall f5:10 so my weights higher all the time,

If you LOVE your food and eat big portions rather than a typical grazer the band will be fab ... Trust me. But like I was discussing with Leedsburr you have to do it slow too quick and your heads still in I wanna eat mode. U will hit a depressed moment too where u stall and u feel hunger but STICK with it.... Any questions concerns etc please ask I'm still such a baby bander but I can't see how I'll put on weight if my restriction stays this tight. Which I'm Assuming happens. Only time will tell ;-D

And you're tall TOO lol
Hopefully feeling damaged will fade over time. I hope so for my sake.
Thank you I will defo be following your and asking very personal questions as I am tactless (you don't have to answer I won't be offended, honest)
Now I want to get this show on the road asap.

Ahhh not a problem I'll talk as openly as I can on an open public forum .

Good much and yes... Get started lovely !!! Xxx

Ahhh thanks.

I winge sometimes. Actually u was thinking about advice to give newbies and people getting ready for bands-WLS.

I think you have to be prepared that you won't eat the same again, you will never go to a restaurant and eat an all you can eat buffet again ... I mean you can go but you won't touch anywhere near the amount you once could eat. So just be prepared to eat to the rules 20/20/20 or 30/30/20 come providers do. It hurts otherwise :-D

Tonight's dinner.

Finished all of half of it. :-( walked miles with my nephew today it was great day. Treated myself to Karen Millen shoes for work they are beautful. Beating in mind my journey takes 2hr 15 mins they had to be comfortable!!!! Lol

I know they don't look like much but they sparkle with little black diamonds at the toes and they are so sweet with the bows on.... I usually just go primark for my pumps so this WAS a treat xx

Attachments

• image-2522196361.jpg
    image-2522196361.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1033208111.jpg
    image-1033208111.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 69
Dinner looks lush and I love the shoes! I just had one chicken frankfurter in a bun and a muller rice n that was me done! X x

Back