• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Yeah she basically signed us off, normally she said kids like ours are more trouble at home than at school but with ours it's the opposite! We took a couple ideas on board and left it that I would call her if I wanted a chat or anything.
Got to write up some stuff for the annual revues but hopefully I can refer to CAMHS as they had some good ideas for dealing with the problems within school though!

Comfort eating is much more under control, I am happier not counting cals so that helps a lot...I am trying to Atkins without counting carbs unless I really mess it up.
I have the ketone strips to test if I'm fat burning or not...it's a bit faint so I need to keep persevering! I'm enjoying my food a lot and not feeling deprived or hungry...no doubt knowing my luck that means I am not going to lose any weight!!

Don't write it off yet. I always used to lose weight if I did Atkins and cut out the carbs or kept them low. My body feels so much better if I do not have them. I have not had bread or pasta since my op. I have had a little brown basmati rice and that was fine. I need to organise myself and ditch the weetabix in the morning and just have a protein breakfast. I am not a morning person - so getting up early enough to do an omelette or scrambled eggs is a challenge:D. I might try something like smoked salmon with light philly or if I could find kippers that come without butter that would be great. Might go check out a few supermarket sites in the morning. I have discovered there is a huge new Tesco's that is a 24 hour store which is about 20 minutes drive from here. I am not a fan of Tesco but I want to track down those melba toasts you recommended - just to have them in if I fancy something different:D.

tranquil x

I saw on a site during an online rummage that we can have what we want for breakfast...could even be leftovers.
Funny how we limit ourselves to certain things for it isn't it?
Even something mega quick like some ham rolled round a bit of cheese etc would do for me.
I am loving my shakes but a little worried the sweetners are kicking me out of ketosis.
I think the main thing for me is to keep to it and do the exercise. I know this is a better way for me and my body so I mustn't get all impatient and look for short cuts. Sometimes there just aren't any and you have to plod on!

I have the Atkins book and it has a bit on sweeteners and it recommends sucralose which is splenda. You need to include the carb in the sweetener towards your daily totals.

I agree that we get too wrapped up in what I call conventional eating, cereal for brekki etc. Sometimes it's good to mix things up - keep the body guessing. I think I had got into a routine and just got bored with the whole thing when I fell off my perch. I feel back on top of it now - have restriction tonight. May try low carbing while I wait for them to sort out my next fill. Have you looked at the Atkins site on the web?

tranquil x

Hey laydeeeees :D

Glad you are putting yourself first TB, it's one of those things we have to do in order to be at our best for our loved ones, and a tip it took me a long time to learn. My girls need a calmer, happier mum and stressing over everyone but me does not make me either of those things.
Give yourself some well deserved TLC luv xx

Neen I am lurving the new avatar hun, very sultry :)
I hope things ease for you soon. As a mother I can certainly understand the parental worries we experience when we feel helpless over our children xxxx

I met Karlene today at the hospital :) it was lovely to meet her and I hope her fill went well, I left before she went in so didn't hear any further from her.
I have had another 2ml put into my band and now have 13ml in a 14ml band and wowzers it's tight!!!!
I'm keeping an eye on it for now as it's even tight drinking slowly. I'm sipping on milky coffee just to get some cals in. I had half a can of tomato soup earlier and felt stuffed (for about half an hour) already missing the chewing but terrified of doing any damage so staying very much on the liquids as per my guidelines. Might make the slimfast in the morning.
Here's to a week of TLC for us all xxxx

AH ! Yeah the stuff I have use splenda and tagatose which is meant to be the lowest gi of the sweetners. I have the new edition book and had the usual glance through!
Interestingly in the new one it mentions caffeinated or decaff drinks are OK but not sure why!
Maybe because caffeine is a duretic (can't spell today) and low carb diets are also midly duretic as well..
I'll have to read it again. The book is a bit waffly! I wish they would just bullet point the facts!!

Heya Rache!!! So cool you met Karlene! Hope she's allright!

Wowsers! That's a tight band but so is mine! I was heartened to learn from my team that it's not that uncommon for people to need almost max fills to get it working for them. I thought I was just overly hopeless!! So it was nice to know I had company!
Just take it steady as you are doing and hopefully when it settles over the next few days you will just be left with some sweet restriction and a bit of an easier time with losses this summer x
You should hopefully feel this one really well and long may it last for you!
New house new everything for you from now I hope !
My avatar is the night elf leader from Warcraft this time..she looks more summery than my zombie queen doesn't she? LOL
Typcially nerdy of course!

Great to see you Rache. Wow 13 ml in a 14 ml band. Hope that is the right spot for you now. I have a 14 cc band too and I wonder how much more will need to go in before I get to the right spot. They take so long to see you on the NHS that they almost set us up to fail. I am so cross with Walsall - nothing new there - but the after care is terrible when you get out of sync with appointments.

Rache you have also inspired me with your bike riding. I am definitely going to dig mine out of the garage tomorrow and check what condition it is in and try and see how it feels if I have a little go in the car park. I have a park about one hundred yards away and I need to see now they have done it all out if you are allowed to ride a bike in there. I never see anyone on a bike so I fear they may have banned them - which is a shame. I need to get more active and as much as I do have this pain I do want to try and do something. If I can ride the bike will have to make a trip to halfords for a helmet, knee and elbow pads!

tranquil x

I didn't know there was a new edition. I think the one I have was published in 2003. Is it worth investing in the new one? I will check it out on amazon.

tranquil x

I was just looking at it on amazon and comparing it with the copy I have. It's on special offer so I am going to get a copy and think about doing it until I see Walsall again given that it is going to be a long wait.

tranquil x

Well if you want a low carb buddy I am volunteering!

Cool, I am ready for it. I need to see what I need to get in and lets go for it. Actually I do not need to get anything in for it - just look at the book and modify my cooking. I never used the sticks for checking for ketosis - I can usually tell from the amount of trips I have to keep making to the loo;). Can you get the strips somewhere like Boots? Looks like I may be going on a little shopping spree tomorrow:D.

I will log on the food and exercise log and we can compare notes.

tranquil x

Hiya x I'm not sure about boots...maybe you can as you can buy Atkins products there so might be worth checking for the strips.
They are fairly easy to find on amazon as well.
I am still not properly in ketosis yet. The shakes are quite low in carbs but I guess here and there I must be having more than 20g a day.
Have to be careful of nibbling bits of grated cheese etc..I caught myself doing that yesterday

Morning everyone :)

Just Reading through and I bout my sticks when I did CD from llyods the chemist :) ... I was asked why I wanted them though lol.
Hope everyone is doing ok, I've started another cleanig job it's feast or famine for me lol
Am just off to add a post to the chit chat section xxxxxx

Morning all. Neen, I will check amazon for the sticks. Just drinking my coffee black with two sweeteners. Going to have a go. I was trying to find the carbs amount - so is it a limit of 20 g daily?

tranquil x

Thanks Neen. I must admit just having that black coffee has taken a long time to go down. Maybe it is because I am off work, feeling relaxed and not rushing. Will wait a bit longer before I do breakfast. Going to have a cheese omelette. I am looking up the carbs in my calorie carb fat bible. Tell me if I am doing this right - if something has say 4g per 100g/100ml do you take the whole 4 g from the 20 or try and work out just exactly how many carbs it is? I do not want to make this too complicated for myself. I will use myfitnesspal to look at carb content too.

tranquil x

Back