• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Sorry predictive text. Black sheep and If you are giving the band you are doomed to fell...

It happens - alot! but dont let it get you down. No one knows what having a band is like unless they have had one.

People will also always think the op they have had is the best, it maybe for them but not for everyone x

True thanks Mazza xxx

Also just realised we have the same name just spelt differently

Marianne

Don't worry about it Mis...comes with the territory and largely born out of ignorance. Each to their own - only you know your journey - anyone else is just taking a wild guess:D

How are you doing?

tranquil x

Oh but im Maryann as in Mary and ann - I do get called Marianne though, amongst other things! x

Same here.. mostly annmary

Evening all. Hope everyone is well. This last fill is proving a real challenge. Eating three meals a day is difficult. As I am back to the hospital in 4 weeks I am going to keep going but there is no doubt about it - it is tight. I can eat some things some days and the next day it is a no no. I really cannot work out what is going on. I want variety in my food choices so I keep trying things. I so wish I could tolerate eggs and chicken but they just do not stay down and now I am getting the same issue with tuna. Luckily pink salmon was something I tried on the mushies stage and that is fine if I mash it well. I am losing inches which is good but getting some excess skin in places. Need to try and get back into exercise but my hernia is causing real discomfort.

Now the weather is picking up I am hoping I can get back to doing a bit of bike riding. I am going to give the bike the once over at the weekend and venture out. I also want to get the wii dusted down and into action. My youngest sister has been doing fantastically by changing her food choices and seriously getting into exercising every day so it is inspiring me to keep going. This is a long haul and it is about finding the motivation to keep going - not that the band would let me get back into bad food choices without dire consequences:rolleyes:.

Have a blessed evening all.

tranquil x

I hope you get better soon and you can enjoyed a more varied diet. Well I discovered the first food I don't agree with.... couscous@!!! I know its sound sad but I am so happy :):):)

The Power of the Band Mis :) Maybe you are feeling a little more restriction than previously x

I really really really want to think so, but dont think so. Although I think I can go longer between meals... like i had a cup of tea for breakfast then early lunch I had a toasted wholemeal pitta bread with turkey slices cucumber and tomatoes, then 4 hours later was starving so had the same again, the tonight had two mouthful of couscous with some chicken and got hickups... I have tried Sooooo hard to be under a 1000 calories everyday

I think 4hrs is brilliant between meals. And I , too, find it very difficult to get below 1000 cals. But that's not too terrible. X

Really? Because this is what my dietitian keep saying, my diet is good just need to get some restriction going but when I hear you should not rely on fills I feel disheartened...

Hi Mis,

I would definately give MFP another go. If you have an I-phone or smart phone it is real easy. I think it is do helpful to see what those people who are doing well are actually eating. I struggle to get to my 1200 cals and sometimes have to have a snack to get the calories up. My username is the same as on here if you want to add me. I haven't lost loads but have struggled and seemed to have turned a corner lately. Logging my food has helped.

Sharon x

I totally agree Chopster . :)

Ok, logged it so far this week... ll c how I get on, but don't look at it from tomorrow until Monday, some serious bad days coming !!!! :p

I am only doing it the first three days because I am blowing it all out the window today with birthday brownies.... the only think OH can cook but boy I would dive straight in!!!! Yum yum yum :)

Back