• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Just come home from the gym ..... was gonna work my biceps but couldn't be bothered so I'm doing those tomorrow along with my back.

I did however to a spin session well two consequtive spin classes 2 hrs in total, my gym instructor burned 995 calories in the one class he taugh so I assume I burned the around 2000 kCals.

It's funny but when I tell people my goal is to lose 10stones they think I'm crazy ... may be I should say 63Kgs as it doesn't sound as bad ...?

Hello Cah-ching hun! Mazza is a spin fan too..sounds scary to me!! You probably get that reaction off people because you don't look as big as you think to them...which is nice actually isn't it?
I know you can lose all 10 stone!! But I think just concentrate on the one stone at any one time.
Break it right the way down because you get so much more momentum from checking off smaller but significant goals than being a long way off of an ultimate goal.

I still have my goal weight firmly set as an ultimate but still try and remember each stone I go down is a huge milestone too...cos this time they aren't coming back!

I did my rowing and sculpting ball workouts today, not as long as you ,...I was right about the PMT , Aunt Flo came to stay today! Wow I guess tuna really did kill my cravings this time!
Tuna for the win girls x

Just a quick edit to say goodnight and I hope every one has sweet dreams! See ya in the morning x

Last edited:
I love spin it's quite an adrenaline boost. I was only going to do one class but was egged on to do the next class. I would have stayed to work my biceps, but it was getting too late.

Won't be doing classes tomorrow as I've not got the time as I need to head to Heathrow for my flight so I'm just doing resistance ... may even go on the rower for 5 mins ;-).

I'm taking one stone at a time. I'm aiming for 19St 11 ... thats my next goal at present, I aim to get there by mid November.

Well dne you for doing your rowing and sculpting. Aunty FLo zaps my energy so yo've done tremendously well :D

Hi everyone

Yep I love spinning classes too but as im suffering a bit with my knee decided to give them a rest this week. Also the gym are redoing the spin studio so there are only a few spaces of allready mad busy classes left.

Tonight is an hour and a half of yoga. My daughter is going to her dad's straight after school so after the yoga Im going to sit in the jacuzzi, have my tea, listen to Neen's hypno thing and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yesterday was my little (but big - 6ft 6) brothers birthday and 25 of us went out to a chinese restaurant. Its fairly easy to make good band choices, I had king prawns in chilli and black bean sauce with extra fresh chilli's on top - yummmmmm, as is often the way restaurant portions are smaller than takeaway so I managed to eat almost all of it! Everyone kept offering me rice etc but I politely declined - Ulrika band would not like it!

Apart from a 45 minute walk yesterday no other exercise ;)

Morning folks !
Cah-Ching, Not sure if you are going to have time to read this before you jet off but hope you have fun and take it easy x
A stone a time is so much less daunting and it's achievable so it boosts your confidence as you go.. I don't set time limits any longer though because sometimes , no matter what your best intentions are or how hard you try, your body has it's own itinerary. In order to avoid setting myself up for disappointment or frustration anymore , I now don't have a timeline. I just start a new stone as a new project when I reach it.
This has definately taken the pressure off and has made it more enjoyable but no less motivating.

Hey Kelly x How are you doing today? Hope you got that friend of yours to read this and the band threads in general. I feel sure we could help her ease the suffering almost straight away if she would let us help her x

Hi ladies, off for my first fill this afternoon so really looking forward to that, really need it now as it's been a while since my op (see ticker). Also been having a nagging pain where my port is so need to mention this to them too. Fingers crossed it hasn't moved or flipped x x

Morning Mazza! Good idea about your knee ...no point in making matters worse!

Do you sit down on a seat for spinning....I have all sorts of alarming visions about me doing it and paramedics and all sorts being called lol

I hope you enjoy your relaxation evening! Certainly hope the hypno works love. Crossing everything for you!

It's great to hear the band did not prevent you from enjoying a meal with your family (wow he is a tall guy!!)

Definately I think for newer or pre-op banders, it's reassuring to know that it's possible to go out and have a lovely meal, choosing the healthier band friendly options and not feel like you are missing out, so thanks for that..

I think that's the kind of thing that some people are misinformed about or have heard some crazy thing in the media about only eating puree for the rest of their lives...we know the type of thing that's in the news and mags....that stuff that drives us potty!!

Here we can set everyone straight about the realities of band life!!

Good luck with your first fill Michelle. Its fairly normal to get niggling port pain as they are stitched to muscle tissue, you may have knocked it or something x

Morning Michelle!!
OOh good luck today, Hope that you can get some reassurance about your port area too, I know mine has worried me with pains here and there but at least you can double check today!

Have you got your liquids and mushies all ready to have today and tomorrow? Having that boost of restriction again is always encouraging!

You're doing great, not that long since your op so you mustn't be anxious about your rate of loss xxx

Let us know how it goes x

Thanks muchly! My legs are aching this morning after my first proper rowing machine workout.

I'm probably just going to cardio on the treadmill today, Aunt Flo is already punishing me severely so walking will do for today and maybe some more rowing and walking tomorrow.

I'm so nervous about weighing in this week...I dunno whether I ought to leave it till next week after Aunt Flo goes but I am really curious how I'm doing with this no cal counting deal.

When are you weighing in Neen, I think Im going with Sunday morning - completly starkers! ha ha, dont worry the bathroom blinds will be down! x

Haha! Yeah I have my weigh in on the wii in the lounge..in a tee shirt or just knickers.... Curtains firmly shut or I might distress the sheep! (our back garden is backing onto farmland)
I usually weigh in on Saturday mornings as I have my treat day on a Saturday so I get maximum time to work it back off again lol
I have been doing it on Fridays as well ....basically because I was being silly and my treat days had been turning into treat 3 day weekend nosset fests....HOWEVER!! Trying to get into a much more moderate and balanced and less extreme eating pattern...so I think I'm gonna go for Saturday.

I am fed up of being all disappointed when I weigh in..I lost a pound of my regain last week and I hope I can get back to proper losses from now on.

Just found this...Looks useful !! I often wish when I am all fired up, that I could bottle the feeling for when I am feeling bad or like I am struggling to keep control

Write a Letter to Yourself: Sometimes the best person to motivate you is you. With this powerful motivational tool, you can write a letter (or several) to yourself with your reflections of words of encouragement. Have them in envelopes ready to open in times of struggle. Consider them to be words of wisdom from the person who knows you best.

Nope I'm still here ... running around like a headless chuck, but still wasting time online :rolleyes:

No gym today as I don't think I have enough time :( Will be sure to resume being a goodie two-shoes next week.

Mazza - you can't tolerate rice or you choose not to eat it? I love rice, but don't eat it nearly as much as I used to (which was about 3-5 times per week!)

Neen,

You are right ... I must not put pressure on myself. I'm happy for the weight loss to take 3 years, so long as the trend is DOWNWARD whenever I go on the scales (which isn't often).

xx

Okay people. There is good news - I've lost another couple of pounds due to fill 20th Sept bringing total to 4st 9lbs - whoopppee - and there is bad news - boooo. You have shamed me into dusting off the cross trainer this morning. I've had a chat with it and decided that from Monday cross trainer and I will become more than passing friends. Now I'm not sure that I should thank you but I will anyway. Monday evening I may post something else but for now - ta ever so. I am off now to give one of my clients a fab hot stone massage and then take the dog for a walk to Virginia Water. Have a good day one and all.

Back