• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

Morning Toto, I think I'm looking at a gain this week as well, I've got my TOTM and a horrendous appetite, so the halloween goodies are disappearing too fast, argh! After tonight they'll be gone and I can start afresh. Enjoy getting your nails done, it's good to pamper yourself x

OMG- I bought some wee packs of chocolate buttons for the kids tonight and they are almost glowing saying 'eat me,eat me'!!!

Had my bandfill- up to 5ml in a 14ml band and my team thinks this will do it judging by what I manage to eat. (even with the weekend party!) Feels pretty tight this afternoon so I'm glad.

The manicure was good fun.I've got sparkly shellac nails now. Can't figure out how to do a photo ! Never mind.

I know how you feel miss pill. I've eaten far too much harribo this weekend. Been for a fill today too. Now got 7mls in a 9ml band. I'm hoping it will make me feel fuller for longer. Only managed to lose 4lb in 2 weeks :-(
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

New Shellac nails- managed to figure out the photo upload!

Attachments

• Nailsnew.jpg
    Nailsnew.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 22
New Shellac nails- managed to figure out the photo upload!
lovely! I have nooooo idea how to put pics up in a post lol

Lovely Mrs Pill. Hope u had a good day :)

Does anyone else wake up choking in the night on anything drunk or eaten after approximately 7pm the night before? It's doing my nut in, I had squash at the cinema last night finished it around 10.30pm and woke I think 4 times choking on it!! It's a tiny bit acid but mostly just the drink coming back.

The film was lovely by the way, saw The Help, soooo lovely xx

Love your nails Mrs Pill!

Was your manicure expensive? I would like one for when I get married next year!

Poor Rache - sorry to hear about your choking episodes.....sounds like late night drinking does`nt suit your band x

Was the film a thriller or romance - what was it about? We thought about going to the cinema last week, but did`nt seem to be much on that we both fancied!

Started my new hours at work this week......semi-retiring before I have to. Now work 6-12 each morning instead of 6 until 2. I know its only 2 hours each day....but it was lovely today, I came home and tidied up the garden then planted some spring bulbs, and I did`nt feel so tired!
Tomorrow looks like the ironing pile comes under attack, if the rain comes as promised.

My little granddaughter turned 2 on Sunday, she had a little birthday tea with her mum and dad, as well as both sets of grandparents. My son bought her a Lego (Duplo) train set as he said he never had one....although I`m pretty sure he did!
I told him it was her birthday - not his; although she seems to have taken to it like a duck to water.
We all had a lovely time, isn`t it great when they are too young to spoil it! Mind you she is now into the terrible twos!

Tranquil - Just wanted to wish you `Happy Holidays` before you go honey!
Make sure you rest and relax every day!! That is an order!

Bye for now xx

Love Kat x

Rache I hope its not but it could be reflux :confused: if it is you may need some tablets to help (or you maybe to tight?) xx

Hiya Kat
The film was lovely it was all about the stories of the black maids in the 40's 50's and how dreadfully they were treated by their employers. It focussed alot on the dreadful things that happened when there was all the segregation circa Martin Luther King days. The commeraderie between the maids and the dreadful attitudes of that time against black people. It was beautifully done and I found myself smiling to myself many times as it touched me so much. It's perfect lovely viewing, not a horror or anything rotton like that, but not soppy either. It showed both good and bad. If you've ever seen the Secret Life of Bees it has a similar feel to that.

Maz I hope it's not too. It's all I need, but I'm finding it's happening more and more and it's causing me problems. I may have to speak with the doc next time I go which will be in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime I will monitor it.

I second Kat's wishes to TB, have a wonderful time flower xxx

Thanks for all the good wishes. I have been despairing in the last week. I moved onto mushies and spent most of the week just throwing up. I really felt that I needed a defill - then I moved onto solids and had two days of not throwing up - only for it to start again tonight. I have been debating whether to just go with it - I am so stressed and I am sure that is what it is. My blood pressure is haywire as well so the sooner I get on the plane and get some peace and quiet the better:D

Love to you all and see you all soon - I know that 4 weeks is going to fly by.

tranquil x

Have a fantastic time TB and Mr TB, 'try' not to worry about food - maybe with all the travelling go back to some nice liquids full of vitamins. Then when you are into the swing of your hols try introducing some soft food xx

Thanks Mazza - just left a message on your diary. I tend to have mostly liquids to beging with as it is so hot so that will help. I am planning on just sleeping for the first few days so that will help too. I talked to my mom and dad tonight and they said it is very hot at the moment but rain is forecast for when we arrive - typical!! We are still going to enjoy it though:D

tranquil x

Hi Katkit...congrats on ur getting wed!! It's nice to have a wee pal in the house. I got married for the 2nd time about 10years ago after being single for about 12 years.
Anyhoo, the manicure is Shellac nails which is sort of like a gel they set with UV light. It's nicer to your nails than acrylics etc ....costs about £20 ish but a place near my work is doing a special for £15 just now. They should last about 2 weeks but I'll wait & see! Good fun though :)

Hey All,

I am looking for some advice really. I had my band fitted in JUly and lost nearly five stone with it. I had a small amount of restriction and a lot of it come from will power. I have had my first fill which has taken my up to 6ml in a 14ml band and i don't seem to have any restriction at all. I am hungry all the time and find myself snacking between meals. I know that the band gets loose when the fat around the stomach decreases. I just thought i would be able to eat less not more than before the fill. I was on liquids for a week following the fill as advised by the dr but lost no weight at all in that week. I have been on solids for two days and feel i can eat anything. i even managed a piece of toast. I feel like a failure and i am so worried that the weight will come back on. I just wondered if the restriction should be felt straight away or whether it takes time after the fill to feel the restriction. Any advice on what i should do? I was going to give it a week and if i don't lose anythign this week phone the hospital on friday and explain i don't have restrction, just worried it has gone wrong! so upset!

Heya, don't u worry too much some people feel restriction straight away but most people needs several more feel to get to that green zone or sweet spot. 5 stone is a lot and u should be very pleased with urself. I am sure other people more experienced ll be able to help u more. But I am sure u ll be able to have.another feel a month after this one if u don't feel any restriction. Just ask ur provider or surgeon

I don't think I'm going to get dressed today!! I'm going to slug around in my jammies as I've worked for 8 days solid and I'm cream crackered!
I've got a big conflict going on in my head- do I/don't I need a fill and its driving me insane. So I'm going to put food in the slow cooker and watch films and tv and chill.
Happy Monday to all my WLS pals :) xx

Morning!!!!
Blimey what a busy week... it's the ultimate busy period at work for me right now and flamin norah I know about it!!
Tight to the max at the mo, threw up a cup of tea yesterday!! Funnily enough fluids give me more restriction than food at the minute, it's very strange.
Anyway riding the wave so to speak.

I've joined the gym!!!!
I'm going swimming in the mornings before work, just half an hour nothing too intensive. I manage 26 lengths in that time (I'm pretty slow) but I'm finding it's really good at waking me up and the impact on my mood for the day is showing a big improvement.
I hope to eventually start attending a few classes too, pilates and I'd love to try a spin class. Keen not to overdo it though as past experience has shown I go all great guns and then stop cos I'm too sore or bored etc (such a fickle female)
Well better shake me bootie and get in that shower, another busy day ahead.
Hope TB is having a lovely rest.
Hope everyone is doing well.
xxxxxx

Woo hoo - go you Rache.

I had left Esporta to join the Ricoh but that closed in September!!!

Which one have you joined? I love swimming and spinning but not at the same time lol x

Back