• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BANDERS UNITE ! Get to know each other chatter !

I am sure Neen and Mazza will be back.

We seem to have had a touch of snow or a heavy frost overnight - bit hard to tell in the darkness. Not looking forward to the journey to work today.

tranquil x

As I only down the road from work i can walk and cycle so I can't wait for some snow, my dog goes crazy for it xxx

Evening all:D

Well I am slowly recovering from the jet lag and getting back to reality:D. It is very quiet on here. Seem to have lost a few people while I have been away and gained some new bandits. Support at whatever stage of your wl journey is so important. I would have been totally lost without this site. So anyone lurking out there pop on and post. It's good to talk;).

I ventured into town today expecting to find the place heaving with Christmas shoppers and was stunned how quiet it was. This recession is really bighting. It is the same all over the world. I really felt it when I was visiting my parents. There were hardly any tourists visiting and everyone was feeling the loss of trade. Lots of businesses had closed from the time I last visited in March last year - it is really sad. I moan about my job but I am so glad that I have one. My heart goes out to anyone who has been touched by these troubled times.

tranquil x

Evening all. I am beginning to feel like billy no mates on this thread:D.

I have been so ill in the last 24 hours:cry:. I have been on liquids since Friday after my small fill. I was at work yesterday. I had a cup of soup for lunch albeit that it was about 4.15 that I got to have it. It did not go down well and when I got home after drinkng water I was sick and proceeded to be sick on anything I drank for the rest of the night.

Luckily I was able to work from home today as I barely slept all night and kept being sick all through the night. I rang the hospital this morning and left a message for the bariatric nurse to call me. By the time she did call me back some hours later I had managed to keep down a cup of peppermint tea. I had tried a small cup of coffee and then water to take my meds and they all came back. She was willing to get me in for a defill but thought that I may have irritated the band in some way and being constantly sick had made it worse. She told me to keep and eye on things and if it got bad again to go straight to A&E or turn up at 9 am in the morning and they would do a defill. I have not felt so poorly since my op - in fact it was far worse. Thankfully I have been able to sip water and it has stayed down and I am now having some peppermint tea. So I am keeping everything crossed. I will stay on the peppermint tea and water for the rest of the day.

I can only assume that I had a huge build up of wind from leaving it too long between liquids - I wanted to burp but kept being sick instead - sorry TMI. Lesson learned:rolleyes:.

tranquil x

Oh dear, you poor thing. That sounds like a nightmare!
Can I ask how much of a fill you had this time and how much you have in total now?xx

TB hope ur feeling better, did it settle yet? I had a bout of being sick after a fill,even water or warm coffee made me ill; it scared me but did eventually settle down. I now use baby cutlery to eat (but not when out, lol!)
xxxx sharon

I am just about to take my evening meds. The peppermint tea stayed down so I am hoping if the meds do that I may be over the worst of it.

tranquil x

Fingers cross for you TB. I also wonder if it was an ajustment coming back to work and the combination of work / stress and a small fill made your band go NOPE not coping? I had my first fill on saturday and although my dietitian wanted to put 2ml in the nurse only did one which i am very pleased about. Gives me more time to get used to the band as i am only 9 weeks post op. Apart from that, I am preparing for xmas, had my hair done yesterday so feeling great. My parents are coming over from France next week to my brother and me and OH going down on his 40th birthday for a big party and xmas. I think it is the first time i really looking forward to it for several reasons: One my parents are going to my brother so don't have to worry about the state of my house yeah!!! (my mum is a bit (a lot!) anal when it comes to cleaning and no matter how many hours i spend it will never be enough so won't have to worry about it. Reason two, i am 2.5 stones lighter so hopefully they will be very proud of me and I won't be running away from pictures this year!
3) My OH parents only leaves an hour away from my brother so wil be able to go back and forth between the two houses and still come home quite early so we can enjoy some piece and quiet in our house YEAH :) Anyway enough crap about me :) And only having one ml i think i will be able to enjoy christmas dinner and maybe a glass of champagne! Jesus I have a 40 year old brother!!! better him than me lol :) :)

Hi TB, I haven't beenon for ages and have not read all the back posts. Sorry to hear that things have not been so bad since your recent fill. Hopefully it is all calming down now and you won't have to have a defill.

Hi Rebirth - good to hear from you. I am afraid I am going to get a defill in the morning - I thought I was going to be ok but I am still being sick. No point in suffering - so I will go to the hospital in the morning.

Hope all is well with you.

tranquil x

I am sending this from my phone so I hope it works as I have never tried this before. I am in A&E waiting to see someone from the surgical team. I woke late which was bad and couldn't keep water down. I have been here for hours. Poor Mr TB is on his own in reception and I am on a side ward. I hope someone comes soon.

tranquil x

Oh poor u hope they get it sorted soon xxx

R u feeling better?

R u feeling better?

I was going to lie down but thought I better try and drink something. Took my meds and had a small cup of milky coffee and it all stayed down. It is such a relief. I am going to try a bit of clear soup now as I feel hungry after not having anything in my system for 2 days:D.

tranquil x

How r u feeling this morning? Hope u managed some soup ok

How r u feeling this morning? Hope u managed some soup ok

Hi there. I feel much better today and I am working from home just to ensure everything is ok. I did manage some soup which really helped. I am going to stay on liquids until I am sure all is well. I was due to move on to mushies tomorrow but I am very sore from all the vomitting so do not want to irritate anything by introducing coarse textures.

A tight band is not recommended!!!! On reflection all the stress I have been under since getting back from holiday will not have helped. I have a little less in the band than before I went on holiday so I am hoping this will help me to cope with getting back into things and Christmas which these days is always a big stress:D.

tranquil x

Evening all. Why have you all gone into hiding?

I feel a lot better today. Keeping my liquids down fine. Have had mostly water but had a protein shake at lunchtime and going to have some soup later. Still have some residual pain which is I think from the vomiting. Still feeling residual pain and restriction is still there as feeling it after a large drink. I have learned a lot from this experience.

tranquil x

Back