• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Belly up op 

So sorry to hear of your ordeal, but its really vital for people to see both sides of the coin when considering op. I work in medical negligence law and see stories like this all the time, good luck with your case, hope it resolves quickly if they admit liability - I guess you just have to weigh up the pros and cons and do lots of research on your surgeon's experience and abilities and be in the best health you can be before the op. Hope your recovery goes from strength to strength and you can reap the benefits of the surgery.

Speedy recovery Scott, btw i thought the stars from the iphone where pretty!, keep in touch & let us know how your getting on, Em :)

A little uncomfortable night and a few leaks on the sides, 4 mini vacuum bottles draining the wounds and a caffeta , got morphine pump and co codamol to help but they won't give me enough  the food in sandwell is awful but the staff are superb so not too bad.

Scott, just seen your pics on fb, not often i'm lost for words but bl**dy hell, you must be one fighter to have got through that, i'm preop & now thinking do i have this done.............:confused: Em

yeah im thinking of you hun, hope todays a better 1 too x

just had two weeks in hospital for hernia close now got a big hole either side now :( and gained 7 pounds in hospital as well , just a little pissed off tbh now never ending worried im going to gain weight :(

I've heard through the grapevine that there's been more problems than they expected with bypass patients this last twelve months and more cases are under investigation as more are surfacing with problems and quite a few are in the midlands which is worrying :( I hope no one suffers mine or worse circumstances as this is still relatively early stages of weight loss operations and it's not always the answer.

Scott you have gone through so much, and your such a fighter.
I'm sorry you have had such a hard time, and I really admire your spirit.
I really hope things get easier for you, and I wish you all the luck in the world with the court cases a head, nobody should have to deal with what you have, and I think your doing the right thing with regards to neglagence, hopefully it will mean less people may have to go through what you did.

your amazing!

.x.

OMG i have just seen ur pics and i am gob smacked. All i can say is that ur such a strong person to have gone through all u have done and still say u would have a bypass again.
I hope and pray that u r soon healed and get to regain your life again, and good luck with ur court case.
Take care luv Roch xx

What a b@stard of a day again, saw consultant and lower stitches are open and hernia pushing out , the size is like a 2 pound coin and he expects it to break down ffffffssssss more surgery and big hernia might be back in a month or so again!!! along with a hole both sides :(

Don't know what to say but wanted to send you some hugs :hug99::hug99::hug99: and to say I hope you have better health soon.

Oh Scott. You have had such a terrible time! I feel so sad for you! What a brave chap you are! I am hoping that you soon feel well and the nighmare will be over for you. A tragedy like this can make a person really bitter and I am hoping you can get over it emotionally as well as physically!

Sending healing hugs

oh my god how scary it must of been for you and your family. im due to have my op in july and all i seem to think about is the things that can go wrong. this has opened my eyes up big time . it proves that when we do have this op any thing can go wrong . im so glad your alive to tellthis story, more people with complications should post on here so we truely know all the ups and downs of this surgery.
thanks for posting this hun xx

Back