• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Biggest loser

Ruthiep said:
Those 1st 8lbs losses? In how long are they? Surely not a week? that would be impossible, no?

I think a wk!!! Amazing ain't it x

yorkiegal said:
Series ten started on Sky Living tonight at 8pm. You didn't miss much though as they are still at the point where they are just picking contestants. We don't have the final line up yet.

Pants - I will have a search and series link it :)

I think a wk!!! Amazing ain't it x

I don't get it. How is that possible? It also puts an impossible goal onto normal people watching it. People supposedly are meant to lose 1-2lbs a week,not one to two STONE.

Ruthiep said:
I don't get it. How is that possible? It also puts an impossible goal onto normal people watching it. People supposedly are meant to lose 1-2lbs a week,not one to two STONE.

The most I lost in a wk at weight watchers was 13lb that was exclusively dieting and not really doing exercise, these contestants exercise day in day out so I'm sure it is possible but I know wat u mean it does make normal ppl feel more pressure wen we lose 1-2lb but a loss is a loss and im grateful with every 1lb xx

i love biggest loser uk and american, i can totally relate n for the past few yrs av sat watching with crisps or chocolate or wotever in hand but not tonite for the first time i ate nothing n am gonna enjoy watching and losing weight with them xx

safc_chick said:
i love biggest loser uk and american, i can totally relate n for the past few yrs av sat watching with crisps or chocolate or wotever in hand but not tonite for the first time i ate nothing n am gonna enjoy watching and losing weight with them xx

I use to watch it eating a kebab and chips and I use to eat it watching it and crying into my food!!! Sad but I did it was my treat night!!! Disgusting really wen I look back but that's how I ended up here in the first place so now sitting here 10 stone 11lb lighter I'll enjoy watching with nothing but my cup of tea and the thought of the gym in the morning lol. X

well it is their first week so that helps, but also they make them exercise till they vomit!!! lol cant be healthy!! hahaha

laura b thats amazing i hope i'm as succesful as u, i'm 3 stone down and about another 7 to go.
sorry i didnt no how to get ur quote am on me phone xxx

these people spend about 6-8 hrs + daily in the gym with medical supervision so its not something i wud reccomend trying alone, but it does show that it can be done without surgery but i wonder how many of them can maintain there weight loss after there help has finished x

I remember when Vanessa Felz was on it...I met her and she said everyone used to starve for ages before the weigh in and then go and stuff themselves afterwards. But she didn't maintain her loss did she?

Oh i had no idea Angie Dowds had taken her own life how tragic... and to think she has helped lots of people get there lives on track and she chose not to get help to get hers on track!... sorry just had to say x

ooh btw i watched the the other side about the 74 stone woman... poor woman has no life whatsover..it was very sad watching her x

safc_chick said:
laura b thats amazing i hope i'm as succesful as u, i'm 3 stone down and about another 7 to go.
sorry i didnt no how to get ur quote am on me phone xxx

Thanks sweetie :) and ti ur next comment about them maintaining that's exactly that after spending 6-8 hours in the gym each day there body will get use to it so to stop it web they get home the chances are they won't b able ti maintain bcus it's just not doable in real life is it lolxx

Raynebubble said:
Oh i had no idea Angie Dowds had taken her own life how tragic... and to think she has helped lots of people get there lives on track and she chose not to get help to get hers on track!... sorry just had to say x

ooh btw i watched the the other side about the 74 stone woman... poor woman has no life whatsover..it was very sad watching her x

I know it's awful isn't it poor Angie :-(
And poor 74 stone lady also xx

If you are doing 4 gym sessions a day and go from eating crap to protein and veg it's achievable. Not really sure it would be my idea of an 8 week holiday! But like the rest of you I find it very emotional and almost felt a bit guilty that I am waiting for surgery... Did any one else feel like that?

I wonder what state there joints are in afterwards !!! no way can it be good for a 32st man to run 5k ! I find i very humiliating the way they have to bare all in skimpy tops ect, good for tv but sucks that they feel they can exploit fat people in that way, ok i know they beg to go on but that is so not called for, they need help not embarresment !!

flowerofshona said:
I wonder what state there joints are in afterwards !!! no way can it be good for a 32st man to run 5k ! I find i very humiliating the way they have to bare all in skimpy tops ect, good for tv but sucks that they feel they can exploit fat people in that way, ok i know they beg to go on but that is so not called for, they need help not embarresment !!

I feel this too why do they make them wear them belly tops?? X

I found it hard to watch last night when they made them do the mile run to get in. The poor guy who was doing well fell and ended up being taken away by an ambulance. I just felt like he needed help more than the other two bless him.
But its all about TV entertainment not who actually needs the help.

Mmmm I do watch the program as I love to watch weightloss stuff, however there are some things that really bug me.
Why do the women have to wear those awful tops showing their tummys?
Surely this is crash dieting?
Why do aliminate them so fast? #can't they all do a month first?
Making them do a 5k run right at the start seems very unfair, they are not used to doing exercise, and then get shouted at by the trainers for stopping.
Also, the trainers have got no idea how it feels to be carrying so much extra weight and should ease them in slowly, like some one else said..making them work out till they puke or faint can't be good for you!
Having said all that, I will keep watching!

Hi Rayne,

I was madly frantically trying to watch both (LOL!) and I don't have proper digital TV with catch-up facilities yet (if only I had Channel 4 plus One i wudda been able to catch the 74 stone woman programme after!).

Both programmes were fascinating last night, but I do love the Biggest Loser!

We all love losers, here !!!! :D :D :D

Back