• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birmingham girl op 7th june 14

Natasha81

I'm new to this forum and although if wanted weight loss surgery for about 10 years now. Well in less than 2 weeks it will happen . Now I'm feeling frightened I know this must be normal but its the unknown . What pain will I feel, what will happen, so many questions .

I'm new to this forum and although if wanted weight loss surgery for about 10 years now. Well in less than 2 weeks it will happen . Now I'm feeling frightened I know this must be normal but its the unknown . What pain will I feel, what will happen, so many questions .

Welcome Natasha81.... we are both having surgery on the same day.. The difference is im in London. It is normal to feel scared and nervous hun... It will all be worth it in the end.. Once again welcome and all the best with your op...x

What op are you having? Where you having it? Welcome to the forum hunni xx

hi and welcome and they are all the normal emotions

Hi and welcome Natasha :). What surgery are you having ?

Hi and welcome,

I'm sure it will all be ok.

I am having a bypass on July 30th and am feeling just as worried x

Worried is normal everyone feels like that. Try to keep positive by thinking of all the benefits you will get and the thrill you are going to have when you are getting slimmer, it's life changing, wait and see, honestly.

trish418 Hi did you have your op via nhs .Could you tell me did you have to do the weight management course and lose the 5% loss or did you already have funding in place? plus who did your surgery and where was it Heartlands? thanks and soz fro so many questions apprehensive

Hi Sharona, I had my op done privately on 21st May 2014. For me the NHS wait was just too long, I couldn't face waiting upto 2 years to get surgery so I decided after alot of soul searching to go private. I was lucky enough to have the money so took the leap and used all of my savings :eek:. My op was done at Solihull spire by Mr Richardson who is a consultant who works out of Heartlands too. What stage are you at with your journey?

trish418 i have just finished the slim weight management at heartlands and now waiting for funding which cant be applied for till July this year as i would have been 12 months in service. In fact nearly 2.5 years from my doctors referral . Its been a looooooong wait and still got a way to go. Unfortunetly i cant afford a gastric bypass so i have to wait and wait.....:( x

Welcome Natasha81.... we are both having surgery on the same day.. The difference is im in London. It is normal to feel scared and nervous hun... It will all be worth it in the end.. Once again welcome and all the best with your op...x

Hi Jaywill which hospital n London is your op taking place mine will be at the UCLH still waiting for a date though.

Hi Jaywill which hospital n London is your op taking place mine will be at the UCLH still waiting for a date though.

Hi Andie... I'm having mine at St Anthony's hospital .. Wishing you all the best when you have your op..

Hi good luck with your journey, i totally get the nervous thing i'm having a gastric bypass july 3rd and am feeling exactly the same!! Nervous but excited at the same time. I think its the unknown that bothers me but cant wait to get in there and get it done :)

Hi Natasha
I was sleeved on 21st may at Solihull spire. It is frightening but so worth it :)
What are you going for?
Wish you all the best on the road ahead x

Hi Natasha
I was sleeved on 21st may at Solihull spire. It is frightening but so worth it :)
What are you going for?
Wish you all the best on the road ahead x
brummyclaire Hi which part of Birmingham are you from and do all birmingham heartlands patients go to the Spire Solihull? ALL the best with your op

Back