• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Birmingham girl op 7th june 14

brummyclaire Hi which part of Birmingham are you from and do all birmingham heartlands patients go to the Spire Solihull? ALL the best with your op

Hey Sharona

I'm near longbridge/northfield way. I'm not sure Hun I didn't go to the heartlands as I self funded.
How are you getting on with your journey?

Spire Solihull is lovely I was in room 101 in November :)

Mine was spire solihull room 124 I think not sure but was just purely lack of beds at heartlands at that time they were using beds in 3 other hospitals as they had an influx of emergencies taking there's up

Sharona they dont have bariatric ward its general surgical ward they use I was told they can put you in a side room though if one is available

Hi Natasha81 have you been to the support group, the next meeting is now in july 19th I think I went this week to this months and it has helped me to talke to people who have had all ops done
mouse57

Hi I was wondering how your getting on after your surgery, is everything going according to plan. I'm going to see surgeon on July 3rd . I'm very excited I can't wait.

Hi I'm doing really well, I hardly had any pain from the surgery just a little bit uncomfortable if anything I actually thought have they actually done anything to me lol. Ive now lost 3 stone so they must have done something lol. I've just finished 4 weeks of liquid and I found that hard to get enough down but I've never been one who drinks a lot anyway (alcohol excluded lol) I'm just introducing soft foods now which is exciting and I'm feeling I have more energy as I'm not just running in reserves anymore. I hope your consultation goes well which surgeon are you seeing? Mine was mr richardson

Hi I'm doing really well, I hardly had any pain from the surgery just a little bit uncomfortable if anything I actually thought have they actually done anything to me lol. Ive now lost 3 stone so they must have done something lol. I've just finished 4 weeks of liquid and I found that hard to get enough down but I've never been one who drinks a lot anyway (alcohol excluded lol) I'm just introducing soft foods now which is exciting and I'm feeling I have more energy as I'm not just running in reserves anymore. I hope your consultation goes well which surgeon are you seeing? Mine was mr richardson
having trouble finding out how to use this site need the help from kids I think. I'm going to see mr Richardson at heartlands

Hi brummyclaire , I've managed to get sorted on here I think lol thank god for son in laws lol when did you have your op and hope you don't mind me asking but do you know how much you have lost so far! I feel a bit rude asking as I don't know you

Hi brummyclaire , I've managed to get sorted on here I think lol thank god for son in laws lol when did you have your op and hope you don't mind me asking but do you know how much you have lost so far! I feel a bit rude asking as I don't know you

Hi mouse57

Hehe don't worry it took me a while to work it out. No need to feel rude I don't mind answering anything it's good to speak to people who have gone through it, I asked lots of questions before I had my sleeve. I had my op on 21st may I did 2 weeks pre op before and have lost 3 stone now. I think I may have hit my first stall now though as I've stayed the same weight for a few days but I think this is normal as I'm just moving from the liquid diet onto soft foods x

Hi brummyclaire why did you only have to do two weeks pre op diet, that would be my dream. I'm having mine done ( I might already have said) at Heartlands and I'm seeing mr Richardson on 3 July. I would like him to say the shortest time for the diet an just get on with it. Was it based on your BMI if so what was yours . I'm non my own diet at the moment but still bobbing around you know one of two on then two of one on I just can't move it. I know the pre op will shift it but I have heard different time scales just wondered if there is a reason you know of. Of course in an ideal world he will say to me on the day " ho pop back in a min and we will get you sorted today lol "

Hi brummyclaire why did you only have to do two weeks pre op diet, that would be my dream. I'm having mine done ( I might already have said) at Heartlands and I'm seeing mr Richardson on 3 July. I would like him to say the shortest time for the diet an just get on with it. Was it based on your BMI if so what was yours . I'm non my own diet at the moment but still bobbing around you know one of two on then two of one on I just can't move it. I know the pre op will shift it but I have heard different time scales just wondered if there is a reason you know of. Of course in an ideal world he will say to me on the day " ho pop back in a min and we will get you sorted today lol "

Hi mouse sorry for the late reply, I think every surgeon is different they all seemed to have different instructions for the pre-op which I find strange! I had mr richardson too so hopefully you will also only have to do 2 weeks. My starting bmi was 47.8 but I've got that down to 42.4 now :). The pre op diet isn't too bad as you know your almost there and doing it for a reason so it's easier to stay focused. Just think in a few more days you will be taking your first steps on the road :)

Thank you brummyclaire, that was what I wanted to hear. I'm feeling a bit deflated at the min what with problems at work and my health in general. You know when you just feel what the hell am I doing and why. I've been very relaxed with my diet so I'm going to continue to be a bit naught today like a. Holiday and when I get up in the morning I'm getting back on track. That gives me 6 days to make some change and hopefuls it will then like you only be 2 weeks my BMI is just over the 50 mark so if I could get it a bit smaller by next week it will help. Thanks for getting back to me

Im heartlands bmi over 50 is 4 to 6 weeks pre op they told me I had to do 4 weeks fiirst week was hard but then was like 2nd nature

Thank you brummyclaire, that was what I wanted to hear. I'm feeling a bit deflated at the min what with problems at work and my health in general. You know when you just feel what the hell am I doing and why. I've been very relaxed with my diet so I'm going to continue to be a bit naught today like a. Holiday and when I get up in the morning I'm getting back on track. That gives me 6 days to make some change and hopefuls it will then like you only be 2 weeks my BMI is just over the 50 mark so if I could get it a bit smaller by next week it will help. Thanks for getting back to me

I know what you mean I was like that and it pushed me to go for what I wanted. I had a few naughty days just before my pre-op started, I felt like I had to have a last meal of everything which is silly but it was like food mourning lol. I got it all out my system then and followed my pre-op to the letter. Wish you all the best for next week, keep us updated x

Hi I was just having that same conversation with a friend it almost like, stuff yourself because you won't be able to soon and yeast it is silly but I did get back on track and lost a pound which I wasn't expecting. So maybe be next Thursday it will be another few for the surgeons eye.

Hi I was just having that same conversation with a friend it almost like, stuff yourself because you won't be able to soon and yeast it is silly but I did get back on track and lost a pound which I wasn't expecting. So maybe be next Thursday it will be another few for the surgeons eye.

Hey mouse

The main thing after is head hunger I think, as I've not felt actual hunger. I'm now 2 weeks away from been able to try 'normal' goods again and can't say I really miss anything now. I was terrible before my pre/op though I know I put weight on. 1lb is great Hun and your staying so focused

How did it go today? Hope all was well

Hi brummyclaire there is a waiting time of 18 weeks which at the moment seems like a life time away and I'm feeling a bit down. I wanted to be done and dusted so Christmas would not be an issue. But it is another step closer, just feeling sorry for myself :(

Back