• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI 62, can I not get gastric bypass in uk!!

I can get like that too. I listen to podcasts, go for a walk or play solitare if possible to turn my brain off for a bit!

It's such early days John don't worry. Just follow the programme and come in here for support.

Are you thinking 4lbs is too little?

Sounds about right to me, or even good in that time frame. I lost nothing in the first week. Body needs to adjust after having been starved for a few days, and also if you lost a lot on your pre-op, when that would have been mostly water, what happens after the op can seem small beans...

I have averaged 2-3 lb a week since op last September so it is coming off steadily and at a pace my body and my pocket can cope with!

That's a good point @SAM55

Hi how are you.

Having awful time at minute. Only started soft stage recently, and tried some big soup yesterday lunchtime. Since then vommiting regularly, even water. Haven't had any food since. My iron supplement drink, vitamins etc have all come back up shortly afterwards. Tried peppermint tea which was uncomfortable but stayed down. Then few sips of water shortly after, came straight back up. Totally lost, messaged nurses so hope to hear back from them, but so worried. A day of vommiting, no supplements staying down, and also next to no fluids has me at breaking point.

Other issue is obviously the surgery was private in Manchester. Think I'm literally out on my own over here re. NHS hospital help in Belfast if I hit dehydration.

Do you have a team you can call at anytime ? I would call them and see what they say . You may have picked up a simple sickness bug .. get some advice if you can
Xxxx

Do you have a team you can call at anytime ? I would call them and see what they say . You may have picked up a simple sickness bug .. get some advice if you can
Xxxx
I messaged them & wife rang, but no reply. Just checked on hospital website & my surgeons no longer listed there. Absolute nightmare.

Is it Mr Li? 100% still there.

Go to a&e John

Is it Mr Li? 100% still there.
His name is no longer on consultants list when i checked earlier. My mouth feels like Gandhis flip flop but anything i drink just comes up. Really worried hospital wont touch me as i had private op

If you're ill they'll look after you regardless. It might not even be related if you have a bad virus for example but you're quite possibly dehydrated now so please don't let that hold you back.

If you're ill they'll look after you regardless. It might not even be related if you have a bad virus for example but you're quite possibly dehydrated now so please don't let that hold you back.
Just had 280ml of peppermint tea so will see how that goes.

Fingers crossed and I also hope you get some answers from your team. I can see why what's happening is so worrying.

Fingers crossed and I also hope you get some answers from your team. I can see why what's happening is so worrying.

Thanks so much. Not hold my breath i hear from them til monday. Even then id hope they get my surgeon on phone, as i need scope etc id need that set up pronto

well off to a&e i go.

5 hours sleep. First attempt at some peppermint tea came straight back up this morning. Emails sent to nurses, dietitian, and surgeons secretary at 5am. Review put on hospital website about fact im having severe complication and cannot get hold of anyone.

Oh no ! Lots of luck and I hope you get your answers and they can help you .. keep us posted when you can
Xxxxx

So sorry to see this @JOHNG79 i really hope that a&e can help, at least to rehydrate you. I can't believe you were not given a phone number for out of hours to contact your hospital - I had the normal number, the outpatient nurses number and the emergency out of hours number.

The important thing is that you get help now before things get worse, please let us know how you get on.

Hope they are able to help you.

Last edited:
Thinking of you @JOHNG79 let us know how you are doing when you get chance x

Back