• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BMI 62, can I not get gastric bypass in uk!!

Really! Gosh @JOHNG79 mine was so smooth and just couldn't fault them. Both pre and post op. Fingers crossed! Can totally understand your frustration! But hopefully all ok and pre goes well.
lol nightmare. Just spoke to them, copy being left in reception for me tomorrow. Hows you @MrsN?

Ah good. It's not great having such a negative initial experience but honestly mine has been great.

I'm ok. Had a great week last week and have increased exercise and starting to see the changes now. I feel ok but still a long road. I've got my head around the nutrition I think which is a massive step.
Really hope all goes well with you.

I wonder how @CYguy is doing?

Ah good. It's not great having such a negative initial experience but honestly mine has been great.

I'm ok. Had a great week last week and have increased exercise and starting to see the changes now. I feel ok but still a long road. I've got my head around the nutrition I think which is a massive step.
Really hope all goes well with you.

Thats great news. I imagine its tough getting nutrition etc in early on. You had any bad experiences so far with food?

Thanks for that. Think the nerves & subscious arent helping me lol. At stage now i just want it over with.

Sorry it's been such a bumpy ride so far @JOHNG79 I have everything crossed it goes smoothly from now on! x

Oh exciting! It's going to be worth it I'm sure. Safe travels x

@MrsN when did you find out where you were on op list? Iv to wait on claire to get back to me. Wasnt impressed that hospital told me to ring her to check admission time lol

Which nurse did you see @JOHNG79? I saw Helen and she checked my admission time at my pre op. Pretty sure Mr Li only does afternoon surgery so i went in around 11ish. My admission time also came in a letter.
Not sure claire would have they as she's in another hospital isn't she? (I'm not 100%)
Other than that how are you feeling?

Which nurse did you see @JOHNG79? I saw Helen and she checked my admission time at my pre op. Pretty sure Mr Li only does afternoon surgery so i went in around 11ish. My admission time also came in a letter.
Not sure claire would have they as she's in another hospital isn't she? (I'm not 100%)
Other than that how are you feeling?
It was debbie, think i preferred helen to talk to lol. Apparently it will be 7am or 11am admission, but debbie told me to ring claire grrr.
Sure didnt i have to go back to self pay office twice to get financial letter fixed, figure wrong & no discounted hdu price on letter lol.
Apart from that all good. That day trip pre op was such long day in fairness

It was debbie, think i preferred helen to talk to lol. Apparently it will be 7am or 11am admission, but debbie told me to ring claire grrr.
Sure didnt i have to go back to self pay office twice to get financial letter fixed, figure wrong & no discounted hdu price on letter lol.
Apart from that all good. That day trip pre op was such long day in fairness
Heard mr li is at funeral tomorrow and cancelled all surgeries, so the nurses are scrambling to rearrange operations

Oh no way!!! Gutted.
Hope it's really soon.
Helen is lovely - proper down to earth and tells it like it is which I work well with!

Oh good - thought you were tomorrow.
I only deal with Helen - I think she's my names nurse as I always book in with her. It's the support group on 1st Feb so that will be interesting.
Fingers crossed for Wednesday.

got letter from.hospital telling me 7am admission & another different price.

How difficult is it to add up figures. Jeeess...

Unreal

11 or 11.30. Mr Li's list didn't start til the afternoon but that was on a Friday

Back