• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Botox?

*Kitty*

Ok not really weightloss related, but has any of you had botox before? I am 29 and am starting to get frown lines inbetween my eyebrows and i hate it! Wondering if I should get botox. Do you know of any alternative methods to prevent these frown lines or anything?

Hi Kitty,

No not had botox and wouldn't consider it either, sorry. I think you're better to use some of the new facelift creams (just my own personal opinion).

I've always been a bit wary of anything injected into the face myself. However, if you really do want it done then for heavens sakes don't just go to a beauty clinic, make sure you go to someone professional who is qualified to do the injections.

Another good altenative is the Isolagen treatment where they use your own skin cells to plum the area out. They grow them in a lab and then inject them.

There's some info on the treatment here.... http://www.thehospitalgroup.org/?engine=overture!&keyword=botox

Good luck whatever you decide.

Your a bit young for botox?

I have frown lines between my eyes and they seem to come and go depending on the humour, they have not got any worse over the years...

If you feel yourself getting stressed and tired put your elbows on the table and face the palms of your hands up towards you and cup your forehead and rest your eyes on the heals of your palms...

When putting on your face moisturiser work up your nose and outwards with your finger tips and on the forehead work in clockwise and anti clockwise circles outward again.

With your middle finger on each hand press firmly along the outline of your eyeball socket(that is the boney part) starting from the nose and working out and around don't drag the skin, lift your figners up and press down, leave your finger pressure for about 2 second each time, again work around onto the lower eye, and back up to where you began, this helps drain the toxins from around your eyes and reduce bags.

This is what I do and I feel it helps...

I make sure to wear my sun glasses when the sun is very bright.:cool:

Hi, have you tried Bio Oil? It is really good for the first signs of wrinkles. It is also fantastic for tightening up any loose skin you have from weight loss and it helps fade scars as well. I absolutely swear by it! Even my 16 year old daughter uses it to help fade a nasty burn scar she has on her thigh! It really does seem to work! You can get it from most chemists, although it is quite pricy a little goes a long way. In fact I alsways put a couple of drops on my sponge/loofa with my shower gel and it makes my skin lovely and smooth and soft!

My friend uses these little patches called frownies she swears by them you just put them on when you go to bed they are just like big plasters (probably more technical than that) lol!

Then you take them off in the morning and voila !!!

I think they sell them via ebay if not, i am sure they can be purchased online i hope that helps like i said my friend swears by them !!!! XXXX

Suprise suprise. I have had Botox.. lol there isnt much I dont try at least once.. lol

Had it 3 times now.. becomes a little addictive, It really does give a mental glow.. The moment it's in It makes you feel on a high, its almost like it works straight away in some ways..

I had the crow's feet area done, and tiny fragments in my frown lines.. I too am not very old.. well, not the normal age for botox.. im 30, but i did have a few lines in the corners of my eyes... smile lines some call them... the botox doctor I saw said having tiny fragments is very natural, gives you a good feeling, and lets face it, you wont suddenly wake up 40 one day...

Prevent if you can... ? or nothing better to spend my money on.. U decide... lol

Sassy x

I love Botox. I mainly have it for headaches, but the cause and result are the same. I frown (sometimes in my sleep without realising, until I wake up) which gives me both frown lines and headaches. I have Botox which stops me from frowning so I don't get lines or headaches.

It's great. I'd recommend it for headaches wholeheartedly.

Although I'm 34, I'm not entirely convinced that I would have tried it just for the lines if it wasn't for the headaches.

The trouble with creams is that I'd rarely remember to use a special one. I use a moisturiser most days, but I don't think I'd remember to use a special wrinkle cream often enough for it to have effect.

Botox is clinically proven to have less side effects than paracetamol by the way.

You seem very young to be considering botox, if you want to be good to your skin keep drinking loads of water, keep it clean and moisturised and if you smoke,quit!

I think some of the celebs that have botox look weird as no lines seem to take away any personality from your face. It probably does have a role to place for some but I'm sure there are other things ou could try before resorting to that.

I’ve had it for years… You do need to be careful who does it though!! My ex-GP is a guy called Patrick Bowler who set yup the Court House Clinic about 10 years ago I think… There are consulting rooms in Harley street and various other places as far as I know..

You are a little young though…and it is quite addictive!

Katie

I have to admit that as mine is primarily for headaches, (although I love the fact that the deep lines in the middle of my forehead are also gone) I am now making sure that I have booked my next appointment with my surgeon before I leave. I squinted through the summer (and took numerous tablets) and frowned my way through the summer holidays. So my next one is booked for two weeks before Christmas. It just takes the edge off the stress of the kids during the holidays for me. I know I can't frown (well not enough to give me a headache) so I don't worry as much about it. I think it's something I'll do periodically for a very long time.

Hi I've had it a few times and now couldnt be without it! I had huge frown lines between my eyebrows - no more! I have also had dermal filler in my nasolabial lines (nose to mouth), marionette lines (down below the corners of my mouth) and some in my lips. Oh and I had my teeth whitened at the same time! I figured I am fat but at least I can make my face look better - made a huge difference to the way I feel. And it encourages me to stick to the diet - whats the point in spending all that money on face and teeth and having an awful fat body? Please dont shoot me down in flames - this type of thing is not a moral issue and if it makes you feel better, go for it - thats what I tell myself. And paid for by my own hard-earned cash....
I'm 41 by the way..
The woman who did the treatments also did Jodie Marsh! Her lips are twice the natural size and her teeth cost 20K - but dont tell anyone!

Botox is £150 - 1st time lasts about 4 months then the subsequent jabs last longer - 6 to 8 months. It is not remotely painful.
The teeth whitening was £500 for the one hour laser thing but you can get trays made instead and wear whitening gel in them 3 hours a day or overnight for a couple of weeks - thats £300 - some of my friends have had that. It lasts for years!
The other thing was £450 - having said that my sister who is 54 paid only £240 as they had to use less! Lasts 9 months to a year.
People don't notice - they just tell me I am "looking well" and people always say I look young (skin-wise) for my age.
A lot of money - I know- but hey - maybe i should change my name to Mrs Loreal....
God have hit wrong button on laptop ... the italics are not intentional!

I really need some botox - and at £150 every 4-6 months that's ok - but i seem to only see it for about £300! I live in surrey so maybe that's why!

Have a wee trip North of the Border and I'll give you the details for my place (I'm on commission hehe I wish!)

ive had botox since i was 24 as a preventative measure..i love it and im 28 and i do think i look younger than my years..it just softens you up a bit...my advice is to go on recomendation ...do not go to someone based on price!!!!!!!!!!! you do not want to do this cheeply....they might sugest a combo of filler to puff the line out and botox to stop it getting worse...go with an open mind x

as a 40 yr old beauty therapist i recommend botos i get it twice a year just around my eyes just gives a softer look it dont look fake many people over do it and look bad,creams are not bad and your age is perfect

Back