• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Breast Reduction!

Sara4

Well having lost 4 stone (Few pounds of it back on now) and not lost one milimetre off the girls I have decided to take the plunge and get a breast reduction!! :D My surgery date is 13th Oct 2009. Yes the day after tomorrow!!!! :eek:

I am an E and hoping to go down to a B or C. I came on here and couldn't find much on it or people that were doing it or had done it. So I have decided to put my journey down on paper, probably more for my sanity than anything!

First about me....I am a single mom to my 19.5 yr old son and my 16 month adoptive daughter from Ethiopia. I am hanging on to my "thirties" by the skin of my teeth and can't hang on much longer! :eek:

So my worries about this op have been
1) Money - now sorted as my health insurance is covering it Thank God! Probably couldn't have gotten it done otherwise.

2) Pain - am I a wuss? Will this nearly kill me? Or will I take it in my stride? I certainly won't be afraid to ask for meds!

3) And most importantly - My Daughter and her care! I was originally to have the surgery last June and put it off till she was toddling and so I wouldnt have to lift her as much. So now she is running, hates steps down (terrified of them), able to climb the stairs but prefers me to carry her.

I spoke with the surgical nurse last week and she seemed much more clued into the practicalities of my situation. She told me that I will not be able to pick up my daughter for 8 weeks minimum! So lifting her in and out of her cot is just not going to be possible.

I was given a link on this board of breasthealthonline.com and I have to say it is a brilliant resource. By reading posts there I have found lots of ways getting around things and managing the baby. Still no way of getting her into the cot but hey ho! I am hoping my son will be there or if not I will knock into my elderly bachelor neighbour!!! Lifting her into her car seat is the other biggie! I have ways round nearly everything else.

They say I won't be able to drive for a minimum of 2 weeks. Hoping to be back in work within 2/3 weeks depending on how sore I am.

So surgery day is nearly here. I have been really looking forward to it all up to now. I am actually quite sad! I feel like I am going on holidays!! I am hoping to catch up on sleep. My daughter is a bad sleeper and I am up once if not twice a night for the past 14 months. So from when they put in that line for the general anaesthetic I am on holidays!!! How sad is that???

I have the DVD player moved to the bedroom and have stacks of boxsets and books! Can't wait to be honest!!!:p

Anyway that's it for now. Will pop back in and try and post my experience in the hope that it may help someone else.

Good luck with your operation, seems you may have some hurdles to cross seeing as your little one is still at the needy stage. Hope your son is helpful and you recover quickly xx

good luck i hope everything goes ok..............kath x

hi, i had a breast reduction in 1996 and went from a H to a C. unfortunately they grew back and i am now an F. i am on my wls journey but do not expect them to shrink. they never have in the past when ive lost weigh. i'll just get em lifted when i'm done losing weight!
best of luck to you.

Good luck, I hope you get the help you need and its surprising how young kids adapt to your needs, they are quite resilient. I expect to need a reduction or at the least an uplift when i'm finished my wls journey. I'm a HH or sometimes a JJ at the moment but as i lose weight off my stomach I can see my boobs are getting lower and lower. So I am particularly interested in this op your having xx

Hi Sara, firstly best of luck for tomorrow, I hope it goes smoothly and you love your new lighter and perkier boobs:)
I can't give you any advice as I haven't had a reduction, I did have an enlargment in 2000 though and if I had the money I would have them redone now only much bigger:eek: and much higher up my chest!!!!!
Hope to see an update soon, all the very best to you, Laura x

I had my bust reduction in 1995 and although I put a lot of weight back on after that, I only went from a 36 D to a 42 DD. Having now lost 3.5 stone I have already gone down to a 40 DD and that is now big on the cup. I would have the whole thing done again tomorrow. The pain wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought although you do start to do strange things - you can't pass a shop window without checking out your image. You also can't believe thst your nipples really should be that high up as at first they feel as if they are under your chin - don't worry it's normal. I had to wear a bra straight after surgery and then constantly for quite a few weeks afterwards. I particularly asked to stay as a c/d rather than a b/c as I had been a HH cup which at the time was the biggest size bra they made! Good luck, you will feel fantastic afterwards, I was back at work within 2 weeks and driving after 2 weeks too.

I am just starting the ball rolling for mine - hopefully on the NHS - I still have a flat tummy so no procedure needed for that but even when I was thin had stoopidly large boobs - with the weight gain I was JJ/HH and am currently in a 36FF and I want them off. I was always an EE when I was thin / fit but ideally would like to go down from that - mine are getting lower by the year and I look so out of balance. They don't hurt my shoulders as I still have russion shot-putters shoulders from training for years but they are ugly, heavy & cumbersome, so I am hoping the NHS takes pity on me - else it's off the the OH cap in hand!

Hope your op goes well and you are happy with the end result. Let us know.

Hi I had a breast reduction nearly 10 yrs ago and although I suffered from really bad infections in both and took a while to recover I`m def pleased that I had it done. For one I was alot thinner then so they looked bloody awful! Anyway since the op I put on about 7 stone and I`m glad to say although my back size went up a few sizes the cup didn`t. They didn`t change when I had my two kids either but unfortunately I couldn`t breastfeed, tho I didn`t have the breast pain that some pregnant and new mums experience so that was a bonus. Anyway I`ve lost just over 4 stone and my cup size is currently the same as after my op and my back size is now decreasing. Just thought I`d share this with u, good luck with your op hope everything goes well xxx

I hope everything went well!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Love Mini xxx

Back