• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Starting Puree Stage

So tomorrow is officially the start of my stage 2 puree diet. I was going to wait until Thursday but, I am cooking sausages and they smell too good.

What do you guys think if I had a bit of sausage and bit of mash with some veg blended tonight? Is that bad? Should I wait? They are oven baked sausages no fat added to them.

Opinions please - be honest lol :D

Thankyou x

I would maybe rap it in kitchen towel to get off excess fat and blend it very well, you could add gravy might help to digest it better, just be careful cos sausages are very fatty even cooked in the oven, enjoy x

Hmmm I personally wouldn't have dared on day one puree lol, I just thickened up my baby rice at that point lol!! Up to you though chick just be very careful over the fats etc most sausages dont contain a heck of a lot of good quality meat Si may now offer you much by way of protein xx

Thanks Ladies!

I blended 1 tbsp of peas, 1 tbspn mash, 2 tbspn gravy & 1/4 sausage with the skin removed. It was like a really thick soup. I had 1 and a half tea spoons and gave up. I wasn't really enjoying it and I was ticking over about the fat in the sausages and the butter in the mash!

I'm glad I tried and glad I left it lol. I'm gonna leave it a while and have my yogurt lol!

Is the thick soup consistency right? Or is it meant to be like mash potato consistency?

Thank again x

Have you had 4 weeks on puree now moving onto the next stage, more rougher texture if its more rougher texture then just dont blen down as mush gunabe like mash potato consistency without gravy on, thne you will be able to have cooked vehgetables like sytew without being blended but you will have to chew very well and any meat is going to have to be in very small pieces I think the meat wopuld be ideal like when you ahbve just carved it up and there are lots of little strands on the chopping nboard thats what thye should be If i remember correctly as you move on my paper siad ,meat should be the size of a rubber on the top of a pencil. Hope thats of help to ya xx i would never have recommemded sausages but have had them bout 2 times in 10 months and that was tea tonight but not a lot of goodness in them reall like Mayamoo said so make it something better next time. xx

Breakfast - cherries
Lunch - three melba toast with lf Philly, three crabsticks
Dinner - two krisprolls, lf Philly, four pickled onions

Snacks - cherries, stewed rhubarb with light syrup rinsed off

Apparently at just over 400 calories today but rest day from gym, really can't see how to increase I'm not hungry, eat meats n veg, trying to increase the fruits slightly but no desire to eat more..

Puree - I started with a thicker puree as for me first stage was run off a spoon puree, my second stage was like creamed potatoes (sloppy) swop the buttery mash for mash with a dollop if creme fraiche in it or light mayo etc, adds creaminess without fats and risk of dumping! for ease I buy the frozen mash bricks and just add a splash of milk then ping but I rarely eat potato now xx

Chrisa thanks hun. I'm just starting on the puree. I've been on 2 weeks liquids. Yeah sausages def wont be a regular thing. I've got in mind to have a lot of fish and chicken mainly. One of the nutritionists said minced meat is good too.

Thanks for the advice Mayamoo - will def try mayo in mash sounds nice. Sloppy puree is what I thought so I shall wait until Thursday and make sure I get good balanced stuff in.

Thanks again ladies x

I loved slow cooked meat so tender and flavourfull, this is the tough bit because your head is going to start to want things your tummy can't handle so it will take a bit if effort to think of food as fuel and give it what it needs xx

I loved slow cooked meat so tender and flavourfull, this is the tough bit because your head is going to start to want things your tummy can't handle so it will take a bit if effort to think of food as fuel and give it what it needs xx

What meats do you slow cook? I presume cooking like you would a casserole in a slow cooker works well? :eek:
I'm starting to get a bit apprehensive now. I'm comfortable with my thick-ish soups and my yogurts.
I was worried after my attempt last night. I had indigestion like pain for a little while. I had some volvic apple flavoured water a little while after my teaspoon of puree sausage and mash. Then about 9ish I had my ambrosia custard pot. Well half, it was a chocolate one 1st time I've attempted the chocolate flavour but, I only managed to get 1/2 way through because of this indigestion thing. I was worried it was the fat from the sausage and butter from the teaspoon earlier or was it because it was the chocolate custard or was it because I had the juice and custard too close together?

So now I'm worrying about my puree stage. I don’t want to get aches and pains but, I of course want to move on - I think?! Haha. I've got an appointment today so I will ask when there. :)

Bless don't worry!

Leave at least twenty minutes before and after food before you drink fluids, chew twenty times per mouthful and don't eat for longer than twenty minutes, the pains may well gave been it being too fatty, avoid for a while and see but personally would choose leaner cuts of meat and use the time to break habits of processed food.

I slow cook beef,lean lamb, mince, chicken with some stock, veggies and sometimes chopped new potato

Lucie xx

Breakfast - cherries
Lunch - four melba toast n ww tuna mayo can, strawberries
Dinner - half a piece of aged steak cooked rare, fage with garlic,garden salad

Tea
Hour long zumba class, cancelled (postponed) boychild who is now sulking as only a typical 25 yr old boychild can.

Pjs n twinings time for me :)

Tell him to go play on his PS3 lol

Well, I am now starting my post op diet with the pureed stage.

Any tips?

Omg! Great stuff how did it all go?? Keep it so it can run off a spoon, yoghurts, baby rice, add sauce or gravy to puree meals keep it high protein and remember the rule if twenty!!! Oh and sip sip sip sip to keep hydrated!

So pleased you got through it and had it done :D xx

If not finished food in twenty mins. Don't have any more

cancelled (postponed) boychild who is now sulking as only a typical 25 yr old boychild can.

Pjs n twinings time for me :)

Oooh! And I wanted the dirt dished on the forum.

Mmmm, but twinings does sound a good idea. Gosh, I bow to peer pressure far to easily. "go on, have another cake..." yep now I see where my weight came from..

I'm worried today that I'm eating too fast? :(

I had 1 weetabix this morning in a kids bowl. Enough SS milk to make it runny. Again like yesterday I could only manage half and I was full. I made sure I chewed 20 times per teaspoon. For lunch I have home made shepherds pie blended with gravy 3 tbs of each. Again in a kids bowl and teaspoon and each teaspoonful I contumaciously counted 20 chews. I've managed 2/3 of it I reckon and feel stuffed so I've put it down. But the thing concerning me it's only taking me like 10 minutes, maybe 15 for the weetabix. Is that ok? 10-15 minutes per 2 tbspoons or 6-8 teaspoons?

Gosh reading that back is quite unbelievable in itself considering how I used to eat lol.

Thanks in advance, hope everyone's well xx:D

What's the reason for having to eat very slowly and chew till it's almost digested?
I have to admit i eat at the same speed i ever did and chew the same.....very much smaller amounts yes but i just eat "normally" maybe it's different with a bypass?

If you don't firstly it might get stuck. And if you're lucky enough for that not to happen
Then you may well not notice your full feeling and overheat and stretch your pouch.

Back