• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass restriction

deeby

hi
I always read on here immediately after people have had their ops that they ate a teaspoon of something or other and thats all they could manage.

How do you know thats all you can manage, do you feel full up or like you are going to gag or in pain ????? im just wondering what to expect after the op and im scared that ill feel sick all the time and near gagging :S any help appreciated xx

honestly - for me, I didnt feel like that. If I gulped water or tea or clear soup it just felt 'full' but it was only gulping it down. A sip sip sip motion that they teach us at Salford never made me sick, ill, or poorly. Hope that helps. x

honestly - for me, I didnt feel like that. If I gulped water or tea or clear soup it just felt 'full' but it was only gulping it down. A sip sip sip motion that they teach us at Salford never made me sick, ill, or poorly. Hope that helps. x

Thanks salski
Its so strange when you dont know what the feeling will be in your new pouch lol
xx Dawn

Lol yeah and I feel bad for all those out there that dont have much hospital support or online support to ask these types of questions! How scary would that be?! xx Keep the questions coming though mate - its great for everyone x

I was the same as Sal. Actually, I can't say I've ever had a feeling of restriction in the way many describe it, but I just know when I'm full. And my nose runs !

I guess it like any experience, you will know it when you feel it, the minute you sense you COULD be getting full then stop, wait a few minutes and if you were right then that feeling will still be there, if it goes completely then try a little more, you will soon know as you will either be able to eat more or you will feel full, then you stop. Some of us get this really odd thing where our noses tickle or run or both. It doesnt happen every time but sometimes I will be eating and wont feel that full but my nose will tickly inside and I know that if I stop at that point within a few minutes I will feel as though I have eaten a whole pre-op meal (really full but not uncomfy). If I ignore the tickle then I feel really horrible, so I dont ignore it.
Its a really individual thing and you will quickly get used to the messages from your tummy.
Good luck chick xx
Steph xx

It's almost like an instinct feeling of fullness is the only way I can describe it. I can't describe it any other way.

Lol yeah and I feel bad for all those out there that dont have much hospital support or online support to ask these types of questions! How scary would that be?! xx Keep the questions coming though mate - its great for everyone x
Yeah i know, i was thinking that the other day, if i didnt have this forum i would be feeling soooo scared and wouldnt have a clue what to expect, it must be hard having no-one to ask questions to and feeling very alone.
XX Dawn

I was the same as Sal. Actually, I can't say I've ever had a feeling of restriction in the way many describe it, but I just know when I'm full. And my nose runs !

I guess it like any experience, you will know it when you feel it, the minute you sense you COULD be getting full then stop, wait a few minutes and if you were right then that feeling will still be there, if it goes completely then try a little more, you will soon know as you will either be able to eat more or you will feel full, then you stop. Some of us get this really odd thing where our noses tickle or run or both. It doesnt happen every time but sometimes I will be eating and wont feel that full but my nose will tickly inside and I know that if I stop at that point within a few minutes I will feel as though I have eaten a whole pre-op meal (really full but not uncomfy). If I ignore the tickle then I feel really horrible, so I dont ignore it.
Its a really individual thing and you will quickly get used to the messages from your tummy.
Good luck chick xx
Steph xx

It's almost like an instinct feeling of fullness is the only way I can describe it. I can't describe it any other way.

Thanks girls that has really helped , i was so worried that id be gagging and being a bit sick all the time, i feel very relieved :) thanks xx

how strange that your nose could tickle or run lol, i know when ive had enough alchohol cause my nose goes numb and this has always tickled me !!

This surgery is so hard to prepare for and i really feel like im taking one huge leap of faith and throwing myself at the mercy of this new pouch ill have........ thankyou all for your help and support you've all been brilliant xxxxxxxxxx

I worried too about feeling sick, in reality it's only happened to me about 4 times and i was sick twice i think. Most of the sick feeling was due to eating too fast and giving myself wind rather than eating too much. My body knows when to stop, and so will yours. If it doesn't it will soon learn it xx

I get a full feeling just below and to the left of the bottom of my breast bone. If I eat a bit too much, I get a sharp pain. But I'm still learning to listen to my Polly pouch. I ate too much this evening and got the pain!

I get a full feeling just below and to the left of the bottom of my breast bone. If I eat a bit too much, I get a sharp pain. But I'm still learning to listen to my Polly pouch. I ate too much this evening and got the pain!

I love that you and I both named our pouch Polly hehe
Steph xx

I love that you and I both named our pouch Polly hehe
Steph xx

LOL Stephie! Are you ok sweety? you've been a bit quiet this week? Hugs xxx

I've not really had any feelings of fullness/restriction but I'm only 2 weeks out. Initially if I drank too quickly I'd get a slight pain between my breastbones but thats subsided too. x

I think I am just the "Weird / Unique one" But then I have had lots of complications but to be honest that has led me to totally understand and know what my body, pouch is doing at all times, I can now tell when im nearly full, over full, food stuck perhaps not chewed enough and definately going to come back, I even know when the food has gone from the pouch and its ok to drink, oh which I never do until this happens!! all this I have learned but if I am honest I am grateful for because it gives me the confidence to eat out and live if you know what I mean. As I have read and talked to folk it seems to be different for everyone so if you take your time and listen / feel your body will tell you when enuf is enuf, and if you have any problems you know where to come!!!

Hugs

thanks guys, your help has been great, so hopefully i will just 'know' thanks again
XX Dawn

I think with me I was frightened of ripping the staples or hurting my newly stapled pouch so went very steady. They dont expect you to have much in the pouch for the first couple of weeks, because it is also swollen because of the op.

4 months post op I can sometimes overdo it and feel full and bloated which in turn makes me tired, not necessarily pain.

I dreaded being sick too, I have only been sick 4 times and everytime it was because I was multi-tasking whilst eating and didnt concentrate on chewing well, but was fine straight after being sick.

There are some things I think all of us have to chew well or we can be in trouble, nuts, bread, pasta, things like that. Then there are what they call slider foods like mash or pureed stuff which goes down easily.

Thanks mary, im getting really excited now...... 11 days to go now....
XX dawn

Back