• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cambridge diet

Andrea73

Hi all looking for some advice- I had bypass in 2009 and lost all my weight. However lots of mental health issues and lots of different medications late I have put a lot on even though my portions are small it’s down to the meds. I am trying the Cambridge diet however I keep having diarrhea- could this be due to dumping?? It’s every day

Tia
Andrea

Missyme

Hi all looking for some advice- I had bypass in 2009 and lost all my weight. However lots of mental health issues and lots of different medications late I have put a lot on even though my portions are small it’s down to the meds. I am trying the Cambridge diet however I keep having diarrhea- could this be due to dumping?? It’s every day

Tia
Andrea
Hi, I was bypassed 8 weeks ago and have previously been an avid CWP user. I used these products on the pre op diet and then used them the first week post op. I found I was dumping with them. I used the soups and sometimes I would be ok and other times as I wasn’t. I thought it was post op tiredness etc and then I made the link. I didn’t get palpitations, but was on the toilet and had an overwhelming urge to lie down and I felt sick. It would take 30-60 mins to pass. The dietician felt it was dumping, but was surprised that CWP did this. It sounds like the same could be happening to you. Could you eat protein and veg/salad instead of CWP? I ended up in an unhealthy cycle with CWP and hope to never return to it. I would use the products for weeks/months and then go on holiday and regain the weight rapidly and some more. I would binge as I felt I’d been deprived for months. I hope to never return to it again. That said, I initially lost 11 stone with these products. Never regained the full amount but did put half back on. Hope you get sorted.

Andrea73

Hi missyme

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m oretty sure it’s dumping, but just wish I could get this weight off again. My to still works but the olanzapine has totally mucked up my metabolism xx

Lazylisa

I haven't had surgery yet however have spent a lot of time yo-yo-ing on and off the Cambridge diet and whenever I first start again often got an stomach upset and diarrhea. I found that if I halved the shakes and diluted them with extra water it helped as I wasn't taking such a high nutrient content in one go. It may not work for you, but give it a go if you haven't already as it may help :)

Missyme

Hi missyme

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m oretty sure it’s dumping, but just wish I could get this weight off again. My to still works but the olanzapine has totally mucked up my metabolism xx
How much have you regained if you don’t mind me asking? Your profile says your below your target weight. I’m worried this will happen to me somewhere along the line!

Andrea73

How much have you regained if you don’t mind me asking? Your profile says your below your target weight. I’m worried this will happen to me somewhere along the line!
Sorry I’ve not updated my profile. I’ve put on about 4 stone which is mainly due to my meds so gonna try and come off them again. I still have restrictions and can only eat small meals x

Missyme

Sorry I’ve not updated my profile. I’ve put on about 4 stone which is mainly due to my meds so gonna try and come off them again. I still have restrictions and can only eat small meals x
That must be so annoying. I hope you can come off the meds without it affecting your health.