• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Considering banding with THG - support needed

Thankfully that's not been the case with wls group (phew)

Hi there Tracey, i sound like you too, have had a few years of bouncing on and off cambridge diet and lighterlife but truly nothing has ever worked and ive messed up my metabolism and my mind. ive got my first appointment on sunday with THG and really looking forward to getting this thing started xxxx

Good luck with your appointments. From all the reading I have done, it would seem you can repair your metabolism. It may be a load of old codswallop but it would be interesting to ask your consultant about their opinion.

I've got my consultation tomorrow afternoon at Bromsgrove and am so excited ( but also a little scared as I don't have my families blessing about this but, I am determined to do this ASAP!!!) my appointment is with Mr Super and would live to have op as soon as poss ( I am having to pay for this myself!)

Mr Super did my op at bromsgrove a year ago... I didn't tell all my family until Christmas. My brother and his wife are paramedics and neither of them thought it was the right way to go ... They were worried about the risks of me going under the knife and hoped it could all be done through diet and exercise and in principle they were right ... But I felt I needed the helping band....they were over the moon when they saw the results though...bear with them Caroline they may come round to your way of thinking but if not, at the end of the day it's their choice how they feel, and your choice what you do :D let us know how you get on ... We can all be excited for you :)

Thanks for your support Michelle.
My 2 best mates know what I'm planning and are very supportive (one is coming with me tomorrow)
My hubby, son and daughter are just concerned that surgery could be dangerous for me and think I should just keep trying to diet!
I have tried every diet under the sun.......Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Rosemary Conley, Atkins, Cabbage Soup, Lighter Life, Herbal Life, Cambridge, Xenical, Tenuate Dosphan, Harcombe, F Plan, Calorie Counting.........you name it and I bet I've done it!!!!!
I have just come into some money due to an inheritance (not actually got the money in the bank yet but, will have soon) and I am so determined to get my life back on track and to stop wasting my life away. Everyone that knows me thinks I am full of confidence and Mrs Personality whereas in reality I am continually full of self hatred and I am crying out for some sort of help with my weight.
I had a funeral to attend to last week which was particularly stressful yet I was stressed because I was worried about what people (who haven't seen me for ages) would think about how massive I looked and not for the reasons that most people would assume, grief etc!
I always thought I was such a strong person, but, now I know I'm not and am so desperate to change my life!!!!!

I was / am still similar to you when it comes to personal confidence issues. It shows inner strength to stand up for what you want. I know it may sound awful, but opportunities to have available cash like this do not come along everyday....so grasp the opportunity. someone obviously felt you worthy to bequeath it to you! You will have to continue to show that strength in the months to come. Wls is not a quick fix...but it certainly helps. Hard work, focus and determination needed too. You have started on that road, from what I have read below...just keep it up ;)

Well, I had my consultation today with Mr Super, and I am booked in for a week on Friday 27th but, now having op with Mr Sirgusand as Mr Super wasn't available till mid August and I really want this to happen sooner rather than later!!! Hope this was the right thing to do? Starting pre op diet tomorrow......can't decide wether to have a curry or chines tonight for my 'last supper'

Wow quick decision! Did u pay £500 to book the date? I got the pre op med notes today before my appointment Saturday! Paul

Seized the moment...well done you :D

Are you on the milk diet or low calorie one ... After your blow out tonight of course:rolleyes:

Chinese all the way, then haribos for afters :)
That's great you're in n sorting it ASAP! Lady after my own heart!!!!

I paid the whole lot in one go Paul, Sally did say I could pay £500 today to book slot but, I have made up my mind to do this so paid whole lot (actually I lie, I didn't .....I used hubbys Amex card!!!) Have just ordered a curry and am finishing off my bottle of Bacardi with diet coke as I write...............OMG this will be so tough......I am more concerned about next 10 days rather than post op. I have a load of Cambridge Diet shakes in cupboard about to go out of date so am planning on using that over next few days. I think I am also going to start a diary for extra support and motivation so please look out for me x

Try myfitnesspal ... It's great :)

PS Girls, managed to get out of too much trouble when I told Hubby that I had used his card because told him he now had £5000 worth of new Airmiles!!!!!! See every negative always has a positive!!!

Congratulations on your decision Caroline. Good luck with your pre op. Time will fly honestly. I am a week and a half post op now and apart from the scars I do not feel like I have had anything done :) I feel like my old self but 20lbs lighter ;)

Sorry too ... myfitnesspal.com is an app where you can log a food and exercise diary, so you can monitor, protein, carbs, fat etc. you can share your diary and view other people's for ideas. You can also create a ticker to show your success on your profile here. There re other apps available. I used to use another one at the start of my journey, but swapped. Click on the little blue box under my name flutterby1966 and it should guide you there.

End of hijack x

Having totally hijacked your thread Tracey, I was just wondering what you have decided to do. have you made a decision yet and if so, when and what are you planning? x

Back