• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Change in target

Stellap

At goal at last.....
After seeing my surgeon and dietician recently, we have all agreed that I have lost enough weight (am starting to be seriously boney) and that I should move my goal from 10 stone to 10 stone 7, which makes me at goal now! Now time to get my head around maintenance.......

Bones? What are they! ha ha. Congrats on your achievements love you will be so proud of the new you xxx

Congratulations Stella, what a fabulous achievement. I'm not sure Im going to reach my goal as Ive been stuck around this weight for months now, gaining and losing the same 1lb or 2, but I'd really love to shift just another 7-10lb or so to get me to a healthy BMI.

Good luck with maintenance. Have you got a plan, or just going to go with the flow?

Hi Sam, I plan to just continue what I have been doing so far with maybe a bit more carbs. My weight loss hasn't been great over the past month or so and my surgeon has said I probably won't lose any more as my weight is ok for my height. He did say that most people put on 7lb - 14lbs after getting to goal which worried me a bit but I will monitor and make sure the weight doesn't creep up. I could probably do with losing a few more lbs around the tummy (though it's hard to tell if its skin or fat) but my top half is so boney now and i can really feel the bones in my bum when I do sit ups so. My surgeon also said I am probably carry about 7lbs of extra skin so that will take me under 10 stone so I am happy to stop now. It feels a relief for it to be the end of my journey though :) - but I'm going to be vigilant in keeping an eye on things.

wow, isnt that a fantastic word, ...'goal'... congratulations huni, i weigh about the same as you now, im 9.13, ony difference is im a fair bit shorter, lol, so ive still some work to do., well done, and good luck with the maintenance. hugsxxxx
sam, wont your loose skin weigh most of the weight youve got now, you probably dont really need to lose any more, or very little hugs xxxx

wow, isnt that a fantastic word, ...'goal'... congratulations huni, i weigh about the same as you now, im 9.13, ony difference is im a fair bit shorter, lol, so ive still some work to do., well done, and good luck with the maintenance. hugsxxxx
sam, wont your loose skin weigh most of the weight youve got now, you probably dont really need to lose any more, or very little hugs xxxx

Thanks Dawn, its a relief to know that I've reached my goal and I haven't failed - all those times I dieted and didn't get to my target made me think that I would fail at this too. I'm quite excited about Christmas and being able to wear a party dress without feeling that I look a mess :p

Dawny, you are probably right, but as Stella said above, it is common to gain 7-14lb as you learn to maintain and I would love to have a bit of a buffer zone to "play with"

Stella, I'll be following your maintenance journey with interest. Please keep posting and let us know what works for you, and what doesnt.

Sam, I'll be watching yours as well (the plastic surgery). I would love to have an op to get rid of my skin but the surgeon said its virtually impossible to get it at my PCT so I might have to start saving! Thank god for spanx!

:553: Well done . . 'got to target' - those are three lovely words. Lucky you.:553:

Awesome achievement! Well done xx

Back