• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chocolate!

omg chocolate and pepper..what are you guys like!!! hehe

does anyone else find this weird... i was a chocoholic.... omg anything choccie... and i hated bananas. yet just before op i had a bar of choccie and it tasted so bad i had to have bread and butter to get rid of the taste... and now post op... i was advised to ave some banana instead of the yogurt im not getting on with... ive not liked bananas since i was a baby.... and now... i look forward to them two bites of banana in the afternoon!!

My tastes have changed too - loads of things I hated, I now like, and vice versa, but tea instead of coffee is my biggest change. Funny old thing this operation eh?? :) xx

I get 70% or 50% chocolate and find a couple of squares satisfies my chocolate craving cos of the higher cocoa content. Also, it has less sugar and fat than standard chocolate. x

I get 70% or 50% chocolate and find a couple of squares satisfies my chocolate craving cos of the higher cocoa content. Also, it has less sugar and fat than standard chocolate. x
Now that sounds like a more realistic idea, I wonder if that would satisfy me - I think the problem with me is habit. Thanks Mandy.

Diabetic chocolate is a good substitute to as the sweeteners used can trigger an upset tummy if to much is eaten, but as with all things moderation is the key.

I find if rather than a bar I have a really expensive box of small choccies I am much more satisfied with just one. A bar feels like deprivation if you don't eat the whole thing:p

Hi Yvessa, ha ha I'm with you on the feeling deprived if I don't get the whole bar - trouble is I just get carried away with a box, I just don't know when to stop. I am getting a lot better now though but I still can't leave the chocolate alone altogether.

omg some of you have not long had surgery.. are you still eating chocolate now?

Well the thing is Rayne I'm on proper food now ....... and I'm not eating too much chocolate, nowhere near what I used to eat. I know I shouldn't be eating any really, it's just a habit and I'm finding it very hard to break - I mean the biscuits are ok once they've been dunked in tea.

oh bless ya Julie.... i think we need a way of putting you off the chocolate.... then again... give it 6 months and i might ae the same problem xx

Fingers crossed that you don't Rayne it isn't the right road to go down. I might just try to give it up totally as my new year resolution.

Fingers crossed that you don't Rayne it isn't the right road to go down. I might just try to give it up totally as my new year resolution.

oh i hope you can... we will help you along the way.. is there a savoury food you really like which you can have instead... or the dark choccie as suggested may help as you only need a little bit... or every time you think of it... come on here and i will moan at ya lol xx

Have you tried just not having it in the house? It is horrible when you have a single compulsion like chocolate...what about hypnosis to try and get it out your head? Merry Christmas x

Back