• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

claire sweeny programme

andy12861

did anyone watch it on itv at 9pm
i watched it and well to my shame there was a part where she in the usa in a dinner and she had a triple king burger omg i was like homer simpson drooling everywhere thinking about it but about 10 seconds later i thought god i wouldnt even eat a tenth of that now never mind all of it lol:8855:

oh dam...I wanted to watch that, i forgot it was on!

No i didnt watch it but can relate to the drooling. If any of the bad things I am trying to stop myself eating comes on a program or advert I sit there staring at the screen drooling lol x

i watched it. she was told she could eat any thing for 6 weeks and give up all her exercise she gained 2 stone in 6 weeks, she looked totaly diff in that 6 weeks span and her health was put at risk, i was quite amazed in the change in her in such a short time, 6 weeks being off a diet or a eating/exercise plan can do so much damage, its made me look at my life and encouraged me to try never have " that few weeks off ", i need to keep going and make healthy food and excercise a life style for good for keeps, as the programme showed the weight can be put on so quickly but takes longer to take it off

hi weight loss hopefull do you know what it is funny its like i cant eat much anymore. but i seem too watch all the cooking programmes that are on tv but i dont feel hungery or want go off and eat something like i used too its really weird since the wls i can at last watch something like that and enjoy wathing it:)

hi weight loss hopefull do you know what it is funny its like i cant eat much anymore. but i seem too watch all the cooking programmes that are on tv but i dont feel hungery or want go off and eat something like i used too its really weird since the wls i can at last watch something like that and enjoy wathing it:)

I wish i could, it just teases me x

Good morning, Liz 2008, I agree with you totally. If I had of watched the programme I think it would have cemented in the fact that if you are prone to putting weight on anyway, by far the best option could be to go for a band-in my case anyway, as it (fat) will always try and seek you out if you dare take your eye of portion control and excercise.

By the way, the posts you send are always helpful and insightful, thank you

Good morning, Liz 2008, I agree with you totally. If I had of watched the programme I think it would have cemented in the fact that if you are prone to putting weight on anyway, by far the best option could be to go for a band-in my case anyway, as it (fat) will always try and seek you out if you dare take your eye of portion control and excercise.

By the way, the posts you send are always helpful and insightful, thank you

I chose the band as i was a large portion eater, the band has helped me control that alot, i am now just as satisified from the smaller portions i eat now, and ive come to realise that my body didnt need the large quantities of food i was consuming to survive. Thankyou for your kind comment about my posts been helpful, i can only advise from my own personal experiences but if they help others, then thats a good thing, everyone is so supportive on this site, and thats what makes it so good.

liz x

even tho im a big fella i could not cope with something that size lol .. its like mcdonalds over there everything is so so much bigger ... and gallons of coke served with it lol ...

i agree brett, skinny is the thing there, but i think thats just for the stars and the rich that can afford personal trainers, the average, everyday person there had fast food everywhere they look tempting them, they reakon its cheaper to eat out than home cooking in the usa, thats why theres such a problem with obesity over there and eating disorders, the uk is slowly following the usa, i think its time we looked carefuly at these stats as if we dont the next generation our children and grandchildren will be overweight and have many health problems ahead of them to. i dont want that for my child and im sure no one else would to.

liz x

Have sky+'d this so will watch it later.

Did anyone catch paul mckenna this week on Living? I watched Mondays and have sky+'d the rest, it was really good, if a tad annoying in it's format. Monday put across 4 rules -

When you're hungry, eat.
Eat what you want, not what you think you should.
Eat consciously.
Stop when you are full.

It made a lot of sense to me, and obviously he went into more detail on each point. There was a lot about putting your fork down between mouthfuls and chewing properly to enjoy the food, which gives your body time to register the feeling of fullness, meaning people that eat slower are full faster.

They did a test in a diner were a group of people were given a full American breakfast and on the first day they all practically cleared their plates. On the second day they were given the same but made to wear blindfolds, so that they ate with their stomach not with their eyes, and obviously ate slower, and they all left food on their plates cos they were full.

i rem watching a prog about people who went to all you can eat in the USA ... cause it was cheaper for them to eat out than in .. one guy would have to do a 50k trip to eat cause he had been kicked out of all the other all you can eat's cause he would have so much ... fast food is so cheap over there and so easy to get .. thats why there all so big why cook when you can get a meal deal for 5 dollars .. and supersized .. madness and we are heading that way

I am American and I agree 1000%. All portions from fine dinning down to fast food offer way too much food. Drinks the size of your head are common. High fructose corn syrup is in everything!!!

When I first came to the UK I was surprized at the small portions and small servings of packaged things. Then I encountered the products labeled 'American' like muffins & cookies. I realized that 'American' on the label ment bigger like the fridges. I was shocked at how small my fridge was in my flat. Also the size of my washing machine, tiny compared to the US. So, not only is America a big country, we are a big people with high consumption. It is kind of sad to think that an entire nation has come to believe that bigger is better (just look at our giant cars, I mean they look like tanks to me now that I am used to the smaller compact cars here).

However, America has a much, much, much better diet product market. Low-sugar/low-fat items are easily found everywhere for pretty much any product you want. I do miss that I have to say.

I am American and I agree 1000%. All portions from fine dinning down to fast food offer way too much food. Drinks the size of your head are common. High fructose corn syrup is in everything!!!

When I first came to the UK I was surprized at the small portions and small servings of packaged things. Then I encountered the products labeled 'American' like muffins & cookies. I realized that 'American' on the label ment bigger like the fridges. I was shocked at how small my fridge was in my flat. Also the size of my washing machine, tiny compared to the US. So, not only is America a big country, we are a big people with high consumption. It is kind of sad to think that an entire nation has come to believe that bigger is better (just look at our giant cars, I mean they look like tanks to me now that I am used to the smaller compact cars here).

However, America has a much, much, much better diet product market. Low-sugar/low-fat items are easily found everywhere for pretty much any product you want. I do miss that I have to say.

That's really interesting PG! Do you think on average people are bigger over there too? We are lead to believe that they are all like Monica and Rachel from friends but on a brief trip there some years ago there did seem to be a higher % of obese people.
Also, is it easier to buy good quality 'big' clothes over there? Altho quite a lot of places now sell bigger sizes, it is still quite hard to buy quality stuff .

dont forget trying to find bigger sizes without looking or feeling like ya nan when youre wearing them.

LOL
But some places seem to think we should be grateful they have made something we can get into despite the fact that it is ugly and falls to pieces the first time it is washed! I think Ann Harvey makes good stuff and have had some nice things from Debenhams too

Back